Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Day of week different in windows and Linux Post 302331312 by rajinavaneethan on Sunday 5th of July 2009 06:32:38 PM
Old 07-05-2009
Thank you.

Its taking monday as 1. this is same as windows day of week but when i ran my application its giving 2 ;(

Regards,
Raji.

Last edited by rajinavaneethan; 07-05-2009 at 09:14 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculating the day of the week

Hi all, I would like to calculate the day of the week using a supplied date. i.e. 20011012 = Day 5. Any ideas? Many thanks, ligs (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ligs
4 Replies

2. Programming

Function that gets the day of the week (0-6) ??

Hi , I am working at Unix system,using c lang. I need c fun which return the day of the week . For example : 0- Sunday. 1- Monday. .... 10x. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamil
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Yesterday's Day of week

I need o get yesterday's day of week but im not exactly sure. the actual name is what i want. I can do it with numbers but im not sure with words. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing First Day Of The Week?

Hi All, Our system is running on Solaris 8 and we are using US locale. By default the First Day Of Week is Sunday, is it possible for us to change it to Monday? I have googled it but found very little of use. THanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fowlerleftfoot
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to find 'Day of week' in Linux system

Hi All, I want to find a day of week for the Linux system. can some one help me on this.. Thanks in advance, Raji. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajinavaneethan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get day of week from cal

Hi all, I am trying to get dow from cal using below script #! /bin/bash YEAR=`echo $1 | cut -c 1-4` MONTH=`echo $1 | cut -c 5-6` DAY=`echo $1 | cut -c 7-8` for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 do dayofweek=`cal $MONTH $YEAR | awk '$i == $DAY {printf("%s","$i")}'` echo $dayofweek... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bzylg
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Day of the week from a string

Hi All, I need to know how to derive the day of the week by passing the value in following format: Feb 28 2010 The output I'm expecting is Sunday or Sun. I know, I can use the following code to get the day of the week. date +%a But I want to pass the value as a string. Please help... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
11 Replies

8. HP-UX

Find Day of Week

In HP-UX the date command does not have the "-d" switch like some other *nixes do. I'm working a simple script to tell me, given the day, month and year what day of the week that falls on. Assuming valid day, month and year input (I'd perform quality checks on the input separately, but not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwuerth
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudoers for one day per week?

I have been volunteered by my boss to be the sysadmin for our production redhat server. He asked me to tighten the security to avoid mishaps like "rm -f *" that occured not long ago. Right now, we have 53 users sudo-ing into the machine and it is an audit nightmare. I am wondering if it... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the week's day

Hi All, I have the below requirement , if i give the week number for ex 41 i need to get the date for Monday and thursday for this given week. my expected output is 13/10/2014 (Monday's date) and 16/10/2014 (Thursday's date) I am using GNU LINUX . Pls help me with your thoughts. Thanks in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
7 Replies
WeekCalculator(3pm)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation				       WeekCalculator(3pm)

NAME
Lire::WeekCalculator - handle different weeknumbering schemes SYNOPSIS
use Lire::WeekCalculator; my $week_calc = new Lire::WeekCalculator(); my $week_no = $week_calc->week_number( $time ); DESCRIPTION
We support three values for LR_WEEK_NUMBERING: ISO (strftime's %V): week starts on monday; W (week starts on monday) and U (week starts on sunday). See strftime(1). CONSTRUCTOR
new( %params ) Creates a new week calculator. The style of week numbering is selected using the "style" parameter. If that parameter is omitted, it defaults to the style set in 'lr_week_numbering' configuration variable. style() Returns the week numbering style used. This will be either "U", "W" or "ISO". week_number( $time ) Returns the week number of $time according the current week numbering scheme. The week number returned is between 1 and 53. week_idx( $time ) Returns the week index of $time according to the week numbering scheme. The week index is Lire specific and is used to normalise computations between different scheme in regards of the first incomplete week of the year. In the ISO case, the week index is always equals to week_number() - 1, for the other style, the week index of the week 0 will be one less than the last week number of the previous year. last_week_of_year($year) Returns the week number of the last week in the year $year. week_start( $year, $week_no ) Returns the epoch time of the first day of week $week_no in year $year when calculated using current style. find_year_week1_start_date($year) Returns the date (epoch) at which the first day of the first week of the year $year starts. strformat() Returns a string that can be used as the format specificier in calls to strftime to print the week number of this style. strfdate() Emulates POSIX::strftime() but picks up the %V if the system strftime doesn't support it. Should be called whenever you use format strings that may contain week-of-the-year-codes. AUTHORS
Joost van Baal <joostvb@logreport.org>, Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org>, Wessel Dankers <wsl@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: WeekCalculator.pm,v 1.16 2006/07/23 13:16:30 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This file is part of Lire. Lire is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 WeekCalculator(3pm)