Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Darwin ports
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Darwin ports Post 302331295 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 5th of July 2009 02:27:18 PM
Old 07-05-2009
as you can read in the outputs last line: "no compiler in $path". you need to fix this. check you path settings and make sure your gcc can be found in your path!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ncurses/Darwin

I am using Darwin on Mac OS X.I.I (new to both Unix and C++). I downloaded the ncurses library from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gnu-darwin/ncurses-5.2.tgz, but I don't know what to do with it now. Stuffit has expanded the archive, but I still have the original .tgz as well (if that's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parmenides
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ADSL with Darwin 1.41

Hey everyone, just to let you all know "I'm an uber n00b" I'm connected to Telstra Bigpond's (Australian ISP) ADSL network, now I;m running Darwin 1.41 on an Apple Macintosh PPC computer. I don't know how to set up ADSL on this system, can someone please guide me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syphor
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make for Mac OS X (Darwin)

Can anyone tell me where to find "make". I have performed an exhaustive search of my system using find - to no avail. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: garb
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Darwin x86

so, what's everyone's opinion on Darwin (x86 rendition)? is it worth installing at the moment? pros? cons? comments? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karma
5 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

GNU-Darwin

Did anyone here about GNU-Darwin? http://gnu-darwin.org/ Read Bout it! And Darwin can be found here: http://www.opendarwin.org Tell me what U think (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedVenim
4 Replies

6. BSD

Darwin via PearPC

How can I send Ctrl+Alt+Del for Darwin running in PearPC for Linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugrus
1 Replies

7. Linux

Darwin x86 kernel only

Is there a link somewhere someone knows about? KW (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwa71
1 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Darwin 10.4 - Gnome

Hello, I was curious about how one would go about installing gnome on darwin. As far as I know it must be harder than FreeBSD because there doesn't seem to be any ports for it. Would you have to first set up a build environment (GCC etc...) and then compile it from scratch? or is there an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpedersen
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed -i on Darwin

This is the first time I've come across this issue sed -i 's/"//g' iscrmireturns sed: 1: "iscrmi": command i expects \ followed by textApparently the -i option is non-standard FreeBSD extensions - does that mean it's not available on Darwin? Strange (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: platz
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell variable is Darwin (OS X)

I'm going through my book on bash and have come to a section on Shell Variables. The editing mode variables don't seem to be there, unless I'm missing something. It says no manual entry for them -- commands like HISTCMD, HISTCONTROL, HISTIGNORE, HISTFILE, HISTFILESIZE, HISTSIZE, HISTTIMEFORMAT,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
0 Replies
sb2-init(1)							 sb2-init man page						       sb2-init(1)

NAME
sb2-init - initialize a target for scratchbox2 SYNOPSIS
sb2-init [OPTION]... [TARGETNAME] [COMPILER[:SPECS]] [SECONDARY_COMPILER...] DESCRIPTION
sb2-init initializes a target for scratchbox2. If no options or other parameters are given, already initialized targets are listed. A scratchbox2 target is simply a light-weight, symbolic name for a configuration set. A target does not contain anything that is active, like running processes; hence a user never "works inside a target". Instead, sessions are used for all active operations. Sessions are created by the sb2 command. sb2-init is expected to be run in the directory you want to use as the target root filesystem. TARGETNAME is the name of the target to initialize. If it refers to an existing target, then the target is re-initialized. Otherwise a new one is created. COMPILER is full path to a cross-compiler (gcc), of the form $HOME/arm-2006q3/bin/arm-linux-gcc. An optional SPECS parameter is path to the compiler specs file. If more than one compiler is specified, additional compilers are available by version number (e.g. if the primary is known as "gcc" and "gcc-4.1", the secondary may be "gcc-3.4", etc) Note that the compiler is usually used during the target creation process to determine CPU architecture of the target system. OPTIONS
-c "command" specify cpu transparency command, for example: "qemu-arm", "sbrsh" or "qemu-arm -R 256M". CPU transparency method is the program which is used to execute foreign binaries, that the host computer can not execute directly. -p "command" specify cpu transparency command for staticly linked native binaries. -r [hostname] generate sbrsh config using remote device address -l [hostname] NFS server/localhost address seen by remote device -d set target as default scratchbox2 target (default target can also be set later with the sb2-config command) -m [mapping_mode] use mapping_mode as default. Default for this is "simple" -h Print help. -n don't build libtool for the target -N don't generate localization files for the target -s skip checks for target root's /usr/include etc. -t [tools_dir] set directory containing the build tools distribution -C "options" add extra options for the compiler, for example: -C "-fgnu89-inline" -A arch manually override target architecture -M arch manually override machine name (see uname(2)). This defaults to the target architecture (see option -A) -v display version EXAMPLES
mkdir $HOME/buildroot cd $HOME/buildroot [fetch a rootfs from somewhere and extract it here] sb2-init -c qemu-arm TARGET /path/to/cross-compiler/bin/arm-linux-gcc FILES
$HOME/.scratchbox2/* SEE ALSO
sb2(1), sb2-config(1), qemu(1) BUGS
No known bugs at this time. AUTHORS
Lauri T. Aarnio 2.2 17 December 2010 sb2-init(1)