Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users migrating unix mp-ras 32 bit to linux suse 64 bit Post 302331269 by fpmurphy on Sunday 5th of July 2009 10:19:45 AM
Old 07-05-2009
if there are only a small number of users you should probably just recreate them by hand. For a large number of users I would write a shell script to do the user account creation.

You certainly can use cpio to copy over the data but don't expect any executables or libraries to work.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migrating perl code from 32 to 64 bit OS

Hello all, I am migrating perl code from 32-bit Solaris 2.5 to 64-bit Solaris 9. On which part of code should I concentrate? And please suggest if there is any checklist for the same. Thanks in advance, Devesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devesh
3 Replies

2. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

3. Gentoo

compiling 32 bit application on 64 bit linux(x86_64)

hi all, i have a 64 bit linux machine. $uname -a Linux SVRDELLD30 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue Aug 15 10:35:26 BST 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux here by default gcc creates 64 bit executable. but for some reason i want to create 32bit executable. first i want to create 32 bit object... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uttamhoode
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

boot the 32 bit kernel on a 64 bit PPC Linux machine?

Hi all, I'm looking to cover a corner case for an upcoming test cycle. Is there a way to boot a RedHat Advanced Server 4 (update 3) installed on a Power PC machine to use a 32 bit kernel? This would be similar to what is done here -> https://www.unix.com/aix/26204-aix-platform.html I've done... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: philrau
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
PSIMAGE(l)																PSIMAGE(l)

NAME
psimage - To plot SUN rasterfiles on maps SYNOPSIS
psimage rasterfile [ -Wxlength[/ylength] | -Edpi ] [ -Cxpos/ypos ] [ -Fpen ] [ -G[f|b]r/g/b ] [ -I ] [ -K ] [ -M ] [ -Nnxrep/nyrep] [ -O ] [ -P ] [ -U[dx/dy/][label] ] [ -V ] [ -Xx-shift ] [ -Yy-shift ] [ -ccopies ] DESCRIPTION
psimage reads a 1, 8, 24, or 32-bit Sun rasterfile and plots it on a map. Image can be scaled arbitrarily, and 1-bit images can be(1) inverted, i.e., black pixels (on) becomes white (off) and vice versa, or(2) colorized, by assigning different foreground and background colors, and(3) made transparent where one of back- or foreground is painted only. As an option, the user may choose to convert colorimages to grayscale using TV's YIQ-transformation.' The user may also choose to replicate the image which, when preceeded by appropriate clip paths, may allow larger custom-designed fill patterns to be implemented (the -Gp mechanism offered in most GMT programs is limited to rasters smaller than 146 by 146). rasterfile This must be a Sun rasterfile. Depth can be 1, 8, 24, or 32-bit. Old-style, Standard, Run-length-encoded, and RGB Sun rasterfiles are supported. Other raster formats can be converted to Sun format via a variety of public-domain software (e.g., imconv, xv). -E Sets the dpi of the image in dots pr inch, or use -W. -W Sets the size of the image. If not given ylength is set to xlength * (ny/nx). Alternatively, use -E. OPTIONS
No space between the option flag and the associated arguments. -C Sets position of lower left corner of image [0/0]. -F Draws a rectangular frame around the image with the given pen [no frame]. -Gb Sets background color (replace white pixel) for 1-bit image templates. Use - for transparency (and set -Gf to the desired color). -Gf Sets foreground color (replace black pixel) for 1-bit image templates. Use - for transparency (and set -Gb to the desired color). -I Invert image before plotting (1-bit images only). This is what is done when you use -GP in other GMT programs. -K More PostScript code will be appended later [Default terminates the plot system]. -M Convert color image to monochrome grayshades using the (television) YIQ-transformation. -N Replicate the image nxrep in x and nyrep in y [Default is 1/1]. -bo Selects binary output. Append s for single precision [Default is double]. -P Selects Portrait plotting mode [GMT Default is Landscape, see gmtdefaults to change this]. -U Draw Unix System time stamp on plot. User may specify where the lower left corner of the stamp should fall on the page relative to lower left corner of plot. Optionally, append a label, or c (which will plot the command string.). The GMT parameters UNIX_TIME and UNIX_TIME_POS can affect the appearance; see the gmtdefaults man page for details. -V Selects verbose mode, which will send progress reports to stderr [Default runs "silently"]. -X -Y Shift origin of plot by (x-shift,y-shift). Prepend a for absolute coordinates; the default (r) will reset plot origin. -c Specifies the number of plot copies. [Default is 1] EXAMPLES
To plot the image contained in the 8-bit rasterfile scanned_face.ras, scaling it to 8 by 10 cm, try psimage scanned_face.ras -W8c/10c > image.ps To replicate the image template 1_bit.ras over a 5 by 5 inch area, colorize it, and setting each piece to be 1 by 1 cm, try psimage 1_bit.ras -Gb200/150/100 -Gf100/50/30 -N5i/5i -W1c > image.ps SEE ALSO
gmt(1gmt) 1 Jan 2004 PSIMAGE(l)