Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how can i know the latest update packages i have installed on solaris 9 ??? Post 302331267 by fpmurphy on Sunday 5th of July 2009 10:15:01 AM
Old 07-05-2009
If you are talking about patches ...
Code:
patchadd -p

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

how to update packages?

How to I get package updates if I just have the red hat EL 3 media but no subscription to the RHN? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

2. Linux

where to edit yum or rpm packages to update

I am setting up a new server with the goal of porting a solaris server to centos. I want to compile some packages myself (ie) http, ssl, mysql, etc. The reason for this is the downloadable rpm packages are very old. I probably want to make sure the kernel is up to date, but the individual pages... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
2 Replies

3. Linux

update packages with yum

Hello Is there a way to update a package to a specific version with yum? So, I have version 1 of package A installed. Versions 2 and 3 are available, but I only want to upgrade to version 2. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garskoci
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

how to undo the last installed update on fedora.

Hi All, I'm a newbie to system administration, I'd like to know how to check the logs (what update was installed last) , and I'd like to know how to undo the last update on the fedora 9 system ( kindof an equivalent to system restore in windows). I have a HP 22 inch monitor, when I installed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Update the packages on HP-UX

Dear all. My newest mission is the deployment of monitoring HP UX OS through SCOM 2007 R2 Cross Platfrom. So there are some based requirements need to be installed in HP UX. HPUX11i-OE- HP-UX Foundation Operating Environment- B.11.31.0709 So i don't know how to download and upgrade... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quan0509
1 Replies

6. Linux

get total number of packages installed?

Hi, Which command would tell me of how many total number packages installed on my Redhat? Thank you, Lam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 7.1 TL update -> only latest or one by one?

Hi, I'm about to update a 7.1 box from 7100-00-03-1115 to the latest level 7100-02-01-1245. Question: do I have to install all steps between them or can I just download the latest level and do a update_all? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: iso
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

Finding installed packages on Linux machine

Hi, i am trying to grab all the installed packages on linux machine,and only want to grab "Name" "Version" "Release" "Vendor" information i am using below command to do so : rpm -qa --info | grep -e 'Name' -e 'Version' -e 'Release' -e 'Vendor' the output contains lot other info... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Get latest update for RHEL systems

Hi all, I want to get latest package updates for my RHEL systems. I don't any account with RHN so that I can get updates from there. All I'm interested in knowing is that is it possible to get package updates without registering with RHN. And If yes then how. I have read about RHN satellite and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Darshan Parab
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Uninstalling Packages that were Installed Today

Hello All, SuSE 11 SP3 (*3.0.101-0.47.71-default, x86_64) I was attempting to install a MySQL update on a web server we use for internal stuff within the network. Since the OS didn't come with an update in the pre-installed repos, I went to MySQL's site and found a Repo for my OS version at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)