Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Day of week different in windows and Linux Post 302331261 by rajinavaneethan on Sunday 5th of July 2009 09:14:20 AM
Old 07-05-2009
Power Day of week different in windows and Linux

Hi all,

My program is getting date from database (oracle) and am getting that date's day of week also.

In windows its giving one number and different in linux Smilie

For Example:

30 - Jun - 2009

Am getting 2 in windows and 3 in Linux.

Am not understanding whats going wrong.. Am using same JDBC driver in windows and linux.

Thanks in advance,
Raji.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculating the day of the week

Hi all, I would like to calculate the day of the week using a supplied date. i.e. 20011012 = Day 5. Any ideas? Many thanks, ligs (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ligs
4 Replies

2. Programming

Function that gets the day of the week (0-6) ??

Hi , I am working at Unix system,using c lang. I need c fun which return the day of the week . For example : 0- Sunday. 1- Monday. .... 10x. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamil
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Yesterday's Day of week

I need o get yesterday's day of week but im not exactly sure. the actual name is what i want. I can do it with numbers but im not sure with words. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing First Day Of The Week?

Hi All, Our system is running on Solaris 8 and we are using US locale. By default the First Day Of Week is Sunday, is it possible for us to change it to Monday? I have googled it but found very little of use. THanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fowlerleftfoot
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to find 'Day of week' in Linux system

Hi All, I want to find a day of week for the Linux system. can some one help me on this.. Thanks in advance, Raji. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajinavaneethan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get day of week from cal

Hi all, I am trying to get dow from cal using below script #! /bin/bash YEAR=`echo $1 | cut -c 1-4` MONTH=`echo $1 | cut -c 5-6` DAY=`echo $1 | cut -c 7-8` for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 do dayofweek=`cal $MONTH $YEAR | awk '$i == $DAY {printf("%s","$i")}'` echo $dayofweek... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bzylg
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Day of the week from a string

Hi All, I need to know how to derive the day of the week by passing the value in following format: Feb 28 2010 The output I'm expecting is Sunday or Sun. I know, I can use the following code to get the day of the week. date +%a But I want to pass the value as a string. Please help... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
11 Replies

8. HP-UX

Find Day of Week

In HP-UX the date command does not have the "-d" switch like some other *nixes do. I'm working a simple script to tell me, given the day, month and year what day of the week that falls on. Assuming valid day, month and year input (I'd perform quality checks on the input separately, but not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwuerth
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudoers for one day per week?

I have been volunteered by my boss to be the sysadmin for our production redhat server. He asked me to tighten the security to avoid mishaps like "rm -f *" that occured not long ago. Right now, we have 53 users sudo-ing into the machine and it is an audit nightmare. I am wondering if it... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the week's day

Hi All, I have the below requirement , if i give the week number for ex 41 i need to get the date for Monday and thursday for this given week. my expected output is 13/10/2014 (Monday's date) and 16/10/2014 (Thursday's date) I am using GNU LINUX . Pls help me with your thoughts. Thanks in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
7 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal -- displays a calendar SYNOPSIS
cal [-smjy13] [[[day] month] year] DESCRIPTION
Cal displays a simple calendar. If arguments are not specified, the current month is displayed. The options are as follows: -1 Display single month output. (This is the default.) -3 Display prev/current/next month output. -s Display Sunday as the first day of the week. -m Display Monday as the first day of the week. -j Display Julian dates (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -y Display a calendar for the current year. -V Display version information and exit. A single parameter specifies the year (1 - 9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: ``cal 89'' will not display a calen- dar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month (1 - 12) and year. Three parameters denote the day (1-31), month and year, and the day will be highlighted if the calendar is displayed on a terminal. If no parameters are specified, the current month's calendar is displayed. A year starts on Jan 1. The first day of the week is determined by the locale. The Gregorian Reformation is assumed to have occurred in 1752 on the 3rd of September. By this time, most countries had recognized the ref- ormation (although a few did not recognize it until the early 1900's.) Ten days following that date were eliminated by the reformation, so the calendar for that month is a bit unusual. HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. OTHER VERSIONS
Several much more elaborate versions of this program exist, with support for colors, holidays, birthdays, reminders and appointments, etc. For example, try the cal from http://home.sprynet.com/~cbagwell/projects.html or GNU gcal. AVAILABILITY
The cal command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD