Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VCS heartbeat
Operating Systems Solaris VCS heartbeat Post 302331246 by reborg on Sunday 5th of July 2009 05:57:22 AM
Old 07-05-2009
It shouldn't if you only reset one of the heartbeats at a time. I can't help but notice though that you are running both heartbeats on a single card which is not exactly the best of designs.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

checking the heartbeat of the online user

hello, Can anyone please tell me how can i check the availability of the online user in a client-server environtment. This is for a program where lakhs of client are connected to the server and the server has to check the availability of the every client in every minute. So polling every client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shushilmore
0 Replies

2. Linux

linux-heartbeat on Solaris 9

has anyone installed linux-heartbeat on Solaris 9?? If yes, which version??? which is the best compiler to build it?? cc, ucbcc, gcc?? what other packages are needed to build it besides m4, autoconf, automake and libtool?? what GNU tools are needed??? thanks a lot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldiego
0 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Heartbeat configuring issue

hi i'm configuring linux heartbeat in my two redhat boxes i have below few things to clarify can i set up heartbeat between two different notworks? (e.g primary server IP is 192.168.x.x and secondary server IP is 10.48.X.X) i got below error in my secondary server once primary is down ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asela115
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Heartbeat configuring in Redhat

hi, I'm currently trying to configure Linux heartbeat on my two Linux servers(where SMPP service is running) my two machines are in two different location with different notworks (primary is in 192.168.x.x and secondary is in 10.48.x.x network) I want to know whether is it possible to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asela115
0 Replies

5. AIX

Heartbeat network down

Hello. I have a cluster with two heartbeat networks. Both are on separate VG. Some one varyoned those Vg's on one node. After that heartbeat network went down on both nodes. I varyoffed those two Vg's networks came back up but cluster is still in UNSTABLE status and in hacmp.out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phobus
1 Replies

6. Solaris

VCS on Solaris: VCS ERROR V-16-2-13077 (host2) Agent is unable to offline resource(DiskReservation)

hi, dear all I get a problem "VCS ERROR V-16-2-13077 " on VCS 4.1 for Solaris 10. I can not offline the host2 when the raid is bad. I don't know the reason and how to offline host2 and switch to host1. please help me, thank you! the message of engine_A.log is : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ForgetChen
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVS AND HEARTBEAT

Hi there, anybody can help me get a manual or a website where LVS and Heartbeat for UBUNTU (please not for REDHAT ) is hosted. Any help will be much appreciated. neuvin (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neuvinapp
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Heartbeat network IP range in Clustering

I am trying to do the two node clustering with serviceguard package in redhat 5 and I am following this link http ://pbraun.nethence.com/doc/sysutils/mcsg.html Here They are mentioning 10.1.1 for network use and 10.1.2 and 10.1.3 for HeartBeat use, I have a doubt, How to make a heartbeat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sankarg304
1 Replies

9. Programming

PL/SQL heartbeat Query has errors

Hello, I want to query something simple which works as a standalone sqlplus query perfectly: Table statements: ALTER TABLE MP$PATHLOADER.ISALIVE DROP PRIMARY KEY CASCADE; DROP TABLE MP$PATHLOADER.ISALIVE CASCADE CONSTRAINTS; CREATE TABLE MP$PATHLOADER.ISALIVE ( ISALIVE_PK ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdohn
2 Replies
VCS(4)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    VCS(4)

NAME
vcs, vcsa - virtual console memory DESCRIPTION
/dev/vcs0 is a character device with major number 7 and minor number 0, usually of mode 0644 and owner root.tty. It refers to the memory of the currently displayed virtual console terminal. /dev/vcs[1-63] are character devices for virtual console terminals, they have major number 7 and minor number 1 to 63, usually mode 0644 and owner root.tty. /dev/vcsa[0-63] are the same, but using unsigned shorts (in host byte order) that include attributes, and prefixed with four bytes giving the screen dimensions and cursor position: lines, columns, x, y. (x = y = 0 at the top left corner of the screen.) When a 512-character font is loaded, the 9th bit position can be fetched by applying the ioctl(2) VT_GETHIFONTMASK operation (available in Linux kernels 2.6.18 and above) on /dev/tty[1-63]; the value is returned in the unsigned short pointed to by the third ioctl(2) argument. These devices replace the screendump ioctl(2) operations of console(4), so the system administrator can control access using file system permissions. The devices for the first eight virtual consoles may be created by: for x in 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8; do mknod -m 644 /dev/vcs$x c 7 $x; mknod -m 644 /dev/vcsa$x c 7 $[$x+128]; done chown root:tty /dev/vcs* No ioctl(2) requests are supported. FILES
/dev/vcs[0-63] /dev/vcsa[0-63] VERSIONS
Introduced with version 1.1.92 of the Linux kernel. EXAMPLE
You may do a screendump on vt3 by switching to vt1 and typing cat /dev/vcs3 >foo Note that the output does not contain newline characters, so some processing may be required, like in old -w 81 /dev/vcs3 | lpr or (horrors) xetterm -dump 3 -file /proc/self/fd/1 The /dev/vcsa0 device is used for Braille support. This program displays the character and screen attributes under the cursor of the second virtual console, then changes the background color there: #include <unistd.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <sys/ioctl.h> #include <linux/vt.h> int main(void) { int fd; char *device = "/dev/vcsa2"; char *console = "/dev/tty2"; struct {unsigned char lines, cols, x, y;} scrn; unsigned short s; unsigned short mask; unsigned char ch, attrib; fd = open(console, O_RDWR); if (fd < 0) { perror(console); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } if (ioctl(fd, VT_GETHIFONTMASK, &mask) < 0) { perror("VT_GETHIFONTMASK"); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } (void) close(fd); fd = open(device, O_RDWR); if (fd < 0) { perror(device); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } (void) read(fd, &scrn, 4); (void) lseek(fd, 4 + 2*(scrn.y*scrn.cols + scrn.x), 0); (void) read(fd, &s, 2); ch = s & 0xff; if (attrib & mask) ch |= 0x100; attrib = ((s & ~mask) >> 8); printf("ch='%c' attrib=0x%02x ", ch, attrib); attrib ^= 0x10; (void) lseek(fd, -1, 1); (void) write(fd, &attrib, 1); exit(EXIT_SUCCESS); } SEE ALSO
console(4), tty(4), ttyS(4), gpm(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2007-12-17 VCS(4)