Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Server auto ping to 0.0.0.0 Post 302331234 by incredible on Saturday 4th of July 2009 09:17:09 PM
Old 07-04-2009
any messages from the engine_A.log ?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun solaris server auto reboots

Hi Guys, For the past month, our sun solaris server has rebooted itself 3 times. The sysadmin is saying that is not a sun issue and does not want to carry out any further research with sun about that. The db logfile does not show anything about any db issues at that time. I opened an oracle TAR... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnjanje
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Auto boot problem on Sun T2000

Hi All I have a problem on T2000 server. bash-3.00# uname -a SunOS 5.10 aaa Generic_120011-14 sun4v sparc SUNW,Netra-T2000After the initial solaris installation server failed to boot: Rebooting with command: boot Boot device: disk:b File and args: The file just loaded does not appear... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouzist
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Ping Sun Solaris 10 on VmWare

Hi, i installed Sun Solaris 10 on VmWare Workstation 6.5 on my Windwos Vista PC. I would to ping solaris virtual machin froma my pc, but i can't do that. Can help me?! I'm sorry for my bad English. akela87 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akela87
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to auto telnet the server from another server using script

Hi All, I have a problem with auto telnet script, but I want to tell u something a) I am only a member access on the server, so not able to access 'root' account b) not able to install any software on server 3) On server, there is not install 'except' I have to write a script, which is ran... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul9806
0 Replies

5. Solaris

ping java.sun.com......

Hello Admins, I am trying to ping java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee from my solaris 10 command prompt... But it's saying unknown host.. I can ping google.com and others... Internet is OK.. What might be the issue? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
14 Replies

6. Solaris

my sun solaris 10 cannot ping and nslookup other server using hostname.

hi.... i have sun solaris 10 server, fedora 10, and Windows Server.. i cant ping my sun solaris 10, fedora 10 and Windows Server using hostname (etc: ping winserver.bengkel2.com), but i can ping all using IPV4 and IPV6 address.. can u give some suggestion to solve my problem or some idea to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: izuan_7657
3 Replies
svcdumplog(1m)															    svcdumplog(1m)

NAME
svcdumplog - Prints contents of a binary serviceability log file SYNOPSIS
svcdumplog [-s num_of_entries] logfile OPTIONS
The -s flag tells svcdumplog to skip the first num_of_entries log entries before printing, where num_of_entries is a number. DESCRIPTION
The svcdumplog program will print the contents of a binary log file. DCE components log important information about their activities and state via the DCE serviceability interface. The log messages can be routed as desired via the dcecp log object. The messages can also be written in either binary or in text format (information about specify- ing message format can be found in svcroute(5)). When binary format has been specified for a component's messages, each log entry will be written as a binary record of data defined (in dce/svclog.h) as the contents of the serviceability prolog structure. The svcdumplog utility will print the contents of such a binary log file as readable text. RELATED INFORMATION
dce_svc_log_get(3), dce_svc_log_close(3), dce_svc_log_open(3), dce_svc_log_rewind(3), svcroute(5), log(1m) Books: OSF DCE Porting and Testing Guide, OSF DCE Application Development Guide svcdumplog(1m)