Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Server auto ping to 0.0.0.0 Post 302331234 by incredible on Saturday 4th of July 2009 09:17:09 PM
Old 07-04-2009
any messages from the engine_A.log ?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun solaris server auto reboots

Hi Guys, For the past month, our sun solaris server has rebooted itself 3 times. The sysadmin is saying that is not a sun issue and does not want to carry out any further research with sun about that. The db logfile does not show anything about any db issues at that time. I opened an oracle TAR... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnjanje
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Auto boot problem on Sun T2000

Hi All I have a problem on T2000 server. bash-3.00# uname -a SunOS 5.10 aaa Generic_120011-14 sun4v sparc SUNW,Netra-T2000After the initial solaris installation server failed to boot: Rebooting with command: boot Boot device: disk:b File and args: The file just loaded does not appear... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouzist
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Ping Sun Solaris 10 on VmWare

Hi, i installed Sun Solaris 10 on VmWare Workstation 6.5 on my Windwos Vista PC. I would to ping solaris virtual machin froma my pc, but i can't do that. Can help me?! I'm sorry for my bad English. akela87 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akela87
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to auto telnet the server from another server using script

Hi All, I have a problem with auto telnet script, but I want to tell u something a) I am only a member access on the server, so not able to access 'root' account b) not able to install any software on server 3) On server, there is not install 'except' I have to write a script, which is ran... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul9806
0 Replies

5. Solaris

ping java.sun.com......

Hello Admins, I am trying to ping java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee from my solaris 10 command prompt... But it's saying unknown host.. I can ping google.com and others... Internet is OK.. What might be the issue? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
14 Replies

6. Solaris

my sun solaris 10 cannot ping and nslookup other server using hostname.

hi.... i have sun solaris 10 server, fedora 10, and Windows Server.. i cant ping my sun solaris 10, fedora 10 and Windows Server using hostname (etc: ping winserver.bengkel2.com), but i can ping all using IPV4 and IPV6 address.. can u give some suggestion to solve my problem or some idea to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: izuan_7657
3 Replies
MACPING(1)						      General Commands Manual							MACPING(1)

NAME
macping - A tool for pinging other RouterOS or mactelnetd devices SYNOPSIS
mactelnet [options] <MAC-Address|hostname> DESCRIPTION
This tool enables you to ping other RouterOS or MAC-Telnetd enabled devices. You can ping either a hostname or a MAC address. If speci- fied, the hostname (identity) will be looked up via MNDP discovery. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax. A summary of options is included below. -f Fast mode, do not wait before sending next ping request. The next ping will be sent immediately when the last ping is received. This cannot be used with -c 0 -s Specify the amount of bytes to send in each ping packet, up to ~1400 bytes. -c Number of packets to send before exiting. A value of 0 means unlimited packets and the tool must be exited with Control + C. -h Show summary of options. -v Show version of program. SEE ALSO
mndp(1), mactelnet(1), mactelnetd(1). AUTHOR
macping was written by Hakon Nessjoen <haakon.nessjoen@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Hakon Nessjoen <haakon.nessjoen@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). February 27, 2011 MACPING(1)