Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP put command problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FTP put command problem Post 302331108 by mojoman on Friday 3rd of July 2009 12:25:56 PM
Old 07-03-2009
FTP put command problem

Hello,I am trying to put something on the ftp server using the put command. Whenever I try, I get this error:

ftp> put SIMS.war
local: SIMS.war remote: SIMS.war
200 PORT command successful
553 Can't open that file: Permission denied

I have set rwx for all on that file and I still am having this problem.

Any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Syntax problem with Unix ftp get command

An outside vendor has staged 2 batch files for us and I've tried to retrieve the files using the commands that they've indicated I could use to retrieve one file at a time. I've tried using this command in a shell script after a successful connection to their server: get "$$ ID=IL096869 BID='PGP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mheinen
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Put fails during FTP

Hi All, I am facing a while i use mput to the server. Actually i have data on client machine which is windows XP. The data is near to 1GB. I have zipped the data. I can ftp and connect to Server(Which has Fedora 4 running). but when i do mput *.zip it gives an error. I tried to put in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.kudreka
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to put file from one ftp to another ftp location

hi, I have one file located in ftp.I want to place that file in different ftp location. Up to now i am doing it manually using get command and copying that file in to my local system and then putting that file in different ftp using put command. now i want to automate that using shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasee
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Ftp cannot put file larger than 64kb

Hi gurus, I have a problem with ftp access. The first 2 test e.g. Test A & Test B was successful with the file size 64kb (800++ numbers). The third test with file size 120kb was failed. The error is "Netout :Connection reset by peer". No password entered manually since the test run from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeazas
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interactive ftp get/put

Hi All, I'm trying to get this to work but when I execute it I get the following error ./ftp_upload.sh: line 78: syntax error: unexpected end of file. This was working before I expanded the script and had the here document part directly below within a function. Can anyone spot what I've... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: darrenm
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in exit status of the command in a shell script-FTP

Hi All, I have developed below script for FTP a file from unix machine to another machine. ftpToABC () { USER='xyz' PASSWD='abc' echo "open xx.yy.zbx.aaa user $USER $PASSWD binary echo "put $1 abc.txt" >> /home/tmp/ftp.$$ echo "quit" >> /home/tmp/ftp.$$ ftp -ivn <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Status of FTP Put command

Can i capture the status of put command after i ftp a file? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in using ftp command under if statement

If i use ftp command under if statement it shows the error "Syntax error at line 19 : `<<' is not matched." But if i use ftp command outside if statement, then it is running fine. Can anyone please help me in this. Code: #!/bin/sh echo "\nPress 1 for automated file dumping." echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
9 Replies

9. SCO

FTP problem with site exec command

Hello dear Users, I am for the first time in this forum. I come from Germany. Please excuse my bad englisch. My OS is SCO open Server Release 5. I have a problem whith FTP and the command "site exec" if I use the command "ftp> site chmod 777 /tmp/startkpf.sc 200 CHMOD command successful. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fla5do
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status ?

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status if any active ftp running in the background ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
2 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)