Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting fetching data from sybase using perl Post 302331054 by otheus on Friday 3rd of July 2009 08:48:28 AM
Old 07-03-2009
Please report back here if the other Sybase module solves your problem

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data transfer from DB2 to Sybase using Perl?

Hi, Good Morning everybody. I need to write a perl script which will get some data from DB2 table and then put it into Sybase table. I have the experience in Oracle and Unix but new to these perl, DB2 and Sybase technologies. Appreciate if any one can suggest with a sample code. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajus19
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the data from sybase and append to the file

How to get the data from the sybase database and append the data obtained into the file. For example, I will get the filename 'temp' from the database. This filename is associated with the number 1.6... This number 1.6 needs to be copied into the file that matches the filename in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinay123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logs access in windows fetching the data from a unix server

How I can get the logs that are getting stored in specific location in unix server through an Apache web server installed in unix server? Requirement is to access the logs through the URL in windows browser without any access. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvida
1 Replies

4. Programming

Problem FETCHing Long data type using CURSOR

Currently my Pro*c program is fetching a cloumn which is defined as LONG in oracle db. The data in the column is around 65k. But when I am FETCHing it to a varchar variable, I am only getting 22751 bytes of data using cursor. Is there any limitation on the data which is fetched by a cursor in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manbt
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching data from .csv file

Hi Experts, I have created a table with columns as empname,empid,phone,shiftname. Now I am having a .csv file format which contains the shift datas of the employees. I have to fetch this file and compare with the table I created to send an alert to the specified user. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: micky3112
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Report and Reading data and fetching the details from contents file

Data I was trying to write shell script which will be return the output in the below format First i was trying to do these using sed. sed -n '/.ksh/p' mainksh.ksh sed -e 's/*\(.*\)/\1/g' mainksh.ksh $RUN_DIR, $SUB_DIR and the variables which will be defined in the profile file. when i am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameshds
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with fetching data from Oracle database

Here's a database query which looks up the NAME column of PRODUCT table SELECT NAME FROM PRODUCT ; And this query retrieves me the following output SUGAR COCOA HONEY WHEAT CABBAGE CAULI FLOWER Please note the last record CAULI FLOWER contains TWO blank spaces between the two words. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching data from file

Hi All, I'm facing issue while using script. Chk_Etl_Status=`cat /dstage/questnet/qnetdv/input/Etl_Status.dat|cut -d"," -f1` echo Chk_Etl_Status=$Chk_Etl_Status above result is giving me sometime value as 1 and sometime error message as Chk_Etl_Status= dsjoblaunch.sh: test: Specify a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit786
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching data particular data from the file.

Hi All, I have one fine which contaning the record as below, I need to fetch the number which is in Bold and from second line only URL need to pick. :ABCD C7QyzBXIs58k 1 fdmlksdlkfn ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching the required data out of a tabular form

Hello Gurus, I am trying to fetch a required number of lines from an output of a command which is in tabular form. Below is the command for reference along with how the result is being shown on UNIX shell. /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery -b -p 5 The result of the above command is as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ali Sarwar
6 Replies
DBIx::Simple::Comparison(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       DBIx::Simple::Comparison(3)

NAME
DBIx::Simple::Comparison - DBIx::Simple in DBI jargon DESCRIPTION
This is just a simple and inaccurate overview of what DBI things the DBIx::Simple things represent, or the other way around. This document can be useful to find the foo equivalent of bar. "?" means that DBI doesn't have an equivalent or that I couldn't find one. "=" means that DBIx::Simple provides a direct wrapper to the DBI function. "~" means that DBIx::Simple's method does more or less the same, but usually in a more high level way: context sensitive, combining things, automatically taking care of something. Note that DBIx::Simple is a wrapper around DBI. It is not "better" than DBI. In fact, DBIx::Simple cannot work without DBI. Using DBI directly is always faster than using DBIx::Simple's equivalents. (For the computer, that is. For you, DBIx::Simple is supposed to be faster.) Classes, common names use DBI ~ use DBIx::Simple $DBI::errstr = DBIx::Simple->error DBI::db ~ DBIx::Simple $dbh ~ $db $dbh->errstr = $db->error connect ~ connect connect ~ new DBI::st ~ DBIx::Simple::Result <undef> ~ DBIx::Simple::Dummy $sth ~ $result Queries DBI my $sth = $dbh->prepare_cached($query); $sth->execute(@values); ~ DBIx::Simple my $result = $db->query($query, $values); Results DBI DBIx::Simple bind_columns ~ bind fetchrow_arrayref/fetch = fetch fetchrow_array ~ list *1 ~ flat [@{fetchrow_arrayref}] = array fetchall_arrayref ~ arrays fetchrow_hashref() *2*3 = hash fetchall_arrayref({}) *4 ~ hashes fetchall_hashref *2 = map_hashes ? ? map_arrays fetchall_hashref(1) *2 = map $sth->{NAME_lc/NAME} = $result->columns *1 There's no fetch variant, but you can do "{ @{ $dbh->selectcol_arrayref('SELECT ...', { Slice => [] }) } }". *2 To receive the keys (column names) lowercased, use "$db->{FetchHashKeyName} = 'NAME_lc'". DBIx::Simple lower cases them by default. *3 Or supply an argument, 'NAME_lc'. *4 No, arrayref isn't a typo. When supplied an empty hash reference, DBI's fetchall_arrayref actually returns hashrefs. This DBI method does not support lower casing of keys, DBIx::Simple does. Direct access DBI DBIx::Simple $dbh = $db->dbh $sth->{$foo} = $result->attr($foo) func = func begin_work = begin_work commit = commit rollback = rollback last_insert_id = last_insert_id rows = rows disconnect ~ disconnect finish ~ finish DBIx::Simple specific (?) keep_statements lc_columns iquery (via SQL::Interp) select, insert, update, delete (via SQL::Abstract) abstract (via SQL::Abstract) flat hashes map_arrays map AUTHOR
Juerd Waalboer <juerd@cpan.org> <http://juerd.nl/> SEE ALSO
DBI, DBIx::Simple perl v5.16.3 2010-12-03 DBIx::Simple::Comparison(3)