Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filter syslog messages.
Operating Systems Linux Filter syslog messages. Post 302331043 by s93366 on Friday 3rd of July 2009 07:48:35 AM
Old 07-03-2009
You could also replace the standard syslogd with syslog-ng if you need to filter.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date in syslog messages

Is there a way of configuring AIX syslog messages to include the year (not just month and day) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emilia
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Filter out repeating messages

The unix servers at my site are constantly receiving "community check" messages from a server located on our WAN, in another city. Here is the example: Jan 23 15:41:08 eagles/usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: community_check();bad community from rams.nw.sw.ournetwork.com How can I filter out these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort syslog messages

how can i sort the syslog message, so that the lastest time stamp show first , oldest show last. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 3Gmobile
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Getting error messages in syslog in HP-UX

Hi, I'm using HP-UX 11.11 on HP9000/800 PA-RISC system.I am getting the below messages daily in /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log file.Can someone help me out in this regard, why I am getting this messages & how to resolve it. I am using SSH version(HP-UX Secure Shell-A.04.20.004) Messages: Nov 26... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

syslog messages.

Good Day. Any idea on the messages log. it would be a great help to us. Upon checking the on the system logs, I found the following messages: EXT3-fs: INFO: recovery required on readonly filesystem. EXT3-fs: write access will be enabled during recovery. kjournald... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cabloy
1 Replies

6. AIX

syslog messages

Hi Is there any setting in the syslog.conf that I can define a string to disable certain type of message that is generated in the message file for example I want to stop these type of messages getting generated. UnablAug 18 07:06:30 local1:warn|warning KCML: WARNING /usr/local/kcml/kcml... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: antointoronto
3 Replies

7. AIX

Error messages in syslog

Hi, Can you please look into the below errors from syslog in AIX? And let me know is this a issue? How can I avoid these errors with out affecting my LPAR. Detail Data SYSLOG MESSAGE <27>Aug 23 08:24:28 syslog: slp: 0660-084 The SA failed to decode and compute received message:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Syslog duplicate messages

I've heard that syslog in Solaris10 doesn't repeat duplicate messages and displays "last message repeated n times." Is there a way to increase the time interval, so that more messages are recognized as duplicates? thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter records in a huge text file from a filter text file

Hi Folks, I have a text file with lots of rows with duplicates in the first column, i want to filter out records based on filter columns in a different filter text file. bash scripting is what i need. Data.txt Name OrderID Quantity Sam 123 300 Jay 342 498 Kev 78 2500 Sam 420 50 Vic 10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
3 Replies

10. SuSE

How to filter SYSLOG data to collect meaningful information only?

Dear users, SUSE 10 sp3 and SUSE 11. I made configuration changes in '/etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf' to move SYSLOG content to LogRhythm. This is what I changed in the file. Un-comment out the following lines #Enable this and admop IP to send log messages to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDBA
10 Replies
PAM_LOGINUID(8) 						 Linux-PAM Manual						   PAM_LOGINUID(8)

NAME
pam_loginuid - Record user's login uid to the process attribute SYNOPSIS
pam_loginuid.so [require_auditd] DESCRIPTION
The pam_loginuid module sets the loginuid process attribute for the process that was authenticated. This is necessary for applications to be correctly audited. This PAM module should only be used for entry point applications like: login, sshd, gdm, vsftpd, crond and atd. There are probably other entry point applications besides these. You should not use it for applications like sudo or su as that defeats the purpose by changing the loginuid to the account they just switched to. OPTIONS
require_auditd This option, when given, will cause this module to query the audit daemon status and deny logins if it is not running. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the session module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SESSION_ERR An error occurred during session management. EXAMPLES
#%PAM-1.0 auth required pam_unix.so auth required pam_nologin.so account required pam_unix.so password required pam_unix.so session required pam_unix.so session required pam_loginuid.so SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7), auditctl(8), auditd(8) AUTHOR
pam_loginuid was written by Steve Grubb <sgrubb@redhat.com> Linux-PAM Manual 09/19/2013 PAM_LOGINUID(8)