Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to drop oracle DB users on HP, LINUX, SOLARIS Post 302330932 by Neo on Thursday 2nd of July 2009 07:35:07 PM
Old 07-02-2009
Why not go to your Oracle admin interface and execute the SQL query from there?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

oracle database on solaris and linux

what is the difference in running oracle database on solaris and linux operating system (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Drop Users

I know that this is a really simple and stupid question, but how do I drop / disconnect a user who is logged in? AIX 5.2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trfrye
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

lsnrctl start script for Oracle on Solaris

Hi, os version :sun solaris 5.9 I have a problem with one of production server where listener will die frequently, I have raised SR with oracle for the same, but mean time i need simple script and i need schedule in cron for every 5 min if listner will down it will start automatically. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Shell script to add users on solaris

Hi admins, I am trying to run a script to add users on solaris with password: I am using crypt for passwords: The part of my scripts is as below: if ; then echo "$username exists!" exit 1 else pass=$(perl -e 'print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
5 Replies

5. Solaris

T4-1/Solaris 11 and sudden 50% performance drop

We have a SPARC T4-1 server, running Solaris 11, and it's doing some pretty extensive parsing on roughly 100GB data set. All was well still few weeks ago, when I was testing the performance, I was reaching rougly 50minute calculation times, and it was more or less expected performance. Now... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: julumme
0 Replies

6. Solaris

How to access Oracle DB on Linux from Solaris?

What I am trying to do is install Remedy on a Solaris machine. However to install Remedy on Solaris, the server has to be able to connect to the oracle database on the Linux server? How can I accomplish this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newborndba
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Migrating Oracle on Solaris Sparc to Linux RHEL 7 VM

Hi Gurus, We are migrating Oracle from Solaris to RHEL 7 and looking for Solaris equivalent commands for Linux. we are using lot of korn shell scripts built on Solaris so, i am looking for equivalent commands which are using in Solaris.. Could you please help me here by proving any info... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mssprince
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Migrating Oracle on Solaris Sparc to Linux RHEL 7 VM

Hi Gurus, We are migrating Oracle from Solaris to RHEL 7 and looking for Solaris equivalent commands for Linux. we are using lot of korn shell scripts built on Solaris so, i am looking for equivalent commands which are using in Solaris.. Could you please help me here by proving any info ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mssprince
4 Replies