Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how can i extract text section via grep Post 302330910 by meny on Thursday 2nd of July 2009 05:20:12 PM
Old 07-02-2009
thanks mate, in order to use your solution i need another piece of the puzzle:
lets say that i know the first row number (e.g. 50) but i need to find out the number of the bigger one. the only clue i have is that row 100 is starting with certain string (x).
between 50-100 x appears only on the 100 row, though after 100 it appears on various rows. do you have an idea how can i locate the number of that row?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW i need this section for manipulating it in my bash script...
if you can help it will be highly appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and extract by section from configuration

Hi, I understand either AWK or SED can do this, but I not sure how to extract the following configuration in section. Meaning when I need to find code with " ip helper-address 192.168.11.2" , it would start from "interface Serial0/0" and "interface FastEthernet0/1". Only displaying both section... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haphazard
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bash/grep/awk/sed: How to extract every appearance of text between two specific strings

I have a text wich looks like this: clid=2 cid=6 client_database_id=35 client_nickname=Peter client_type=0|clid=3 cid=22 client_database_id=57 client_nickname=Paul client_type=0|clid=5 cid=22 client_database_id=7 client_nickname=Mary client_type=0|clid=6 cid=22 client_database_id=6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pioneer1976
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract section of file based on word in section

I have a list of Servers in no particular order as follows: virtualMachines="IIBSBS IIBVICDMS01 IIBVICMA01"And I am generating some output from a pre-existing script that gives me the following (this is a sample output selection). 9/17/2010 8:00:05 PM: Normal backup using VDRBACKUPS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help please with Grep/Sed command to extract text and numbers from a file

Hello All, I need to extract lines from a file that contains ALPHANUMERIC and the length of Alphanumeric is set to 16. I have pasted the sample of the lines from the text file that I have created. My problem is that sometimes 16 appears in other part of the line. I'm only interested to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting text from within a section of text using AWK

I have a command which returns the below output. How can I write a script to extract mainhost and secondhost from this output and put it into an array? I may sometimes have more hosts like thirdhost. I am redirecting this output to a variable. So I guess there should be a awk or sed command to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: heykiran
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract record from file based on section.

input file output file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lathigara
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep text and see all section

Hello I am looking for a way to look in files and to grep text and see the all section of the text ! Sharon123 deed 10000 class 360 ! sharon456 2000 deed ! Sharon789 live 3000 ! To grep "deed "an see the all section (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharong
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script extract text from txt file with grep

All, I require a script that grabs some text from the gitHub API and will grep (or other function) for a string a characters that starts with (") quotes followed by two letters, may contain a pipe |, and ending with ) . What i have so far is below but it's not returning anything. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChocoTaco
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Grep of by section?

I have a script that outputs this as a file John Smith ---------------- memberOf: example1;sampletest;test memberOf: example2;sampletest;test memberOf: example3;sampletest;test memberOf: example4;sampletest;test A Member of 4 Groups Sally Smith ---------------- memberOf:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajetangay
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need grep regex to extract multiline text between two strings

I have a file conatining the below: --- 10.9.16.116: /tmp/5835113081224811756.jar: hash: e6df90d38fa86f0e289f73d79cd2cfd2a29954eb /tmp/4603745991442278706.jar: hash: e6df90d38fa86f0e289f73d79cd2cfd2a29954eb 10.9.14.126: /tmp/conf/extra/httpd-ssl.conf: hash:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
pamdeinterlace(1)					      General Commands Manual						 pamdeinterlace(1)

NAME
pamdeinterlace - remove ever other row from a PAM/PNM image SYNOPSIS
pamdeinterlace [-takeodd] [-takeeven] N [infile] You can use the minimum unique abbreviation of the options. You can use two hyphens instead of one. You can separate an option name from its value with white space instead of an equals sign. DESCRIPTION
pamdeinterlace Removes all the even-numbered or odd-numbered rows from the input PNM or PAM image. Specify which with the -takeeven and -takeodd options. This can be useful if the image is a video capture from an interlaced video source. In that case, each row shows the subject 1/60 second before or after the two rows that surround it. If the subject is moving, this can detract from the quality of the image. Because the resulting image is half the height of the input image, you will then want to use pamstretch or pnmscale to restore it to its normal height: pamdeinterlace myimage.ppm | pamstretch -yscale=2 >newimage.ppm OPTIONS
-takeodd Take the odd-numbered rows from the input and put them in the output. The rows are numbered starting at zero, so the first row in the output is the second row from the input. You cannot specify both -takeeven and -takeodd. -takeeven Take the even-numbered rows from the input and put them in the output. The rows are numbered starting at zero, so the first row in the output is the first row from the input. This is the default. You cannot specify both -takeeven and -takeodd. SEE ALSO
pamstretch(1), pnmscale(1) 11 November 2001 pamdeinterlace(1)