Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Hard/Transfer errors in disks Post 302330655 by frozentin on Thursday 2nd of July 2009 02:13:45 AM
Old 07-02-2009
As dukenuke2 said in the other thread, your disks look like they are going to break soon. In the iostat o/p check for predictive failure analysis #. If it's 1, time to replace these; even if not 1, I would get your hardware vendor to take a look at these disks....

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

External Lacie USB hard disks

I'm trying to mount a USB Lacie external hardrive in my Linux system but am having trouble doing so, I'm also having trouble mounting my USB ZIP 250 drive. It is totally me being stupid, but I'm new to unix and am having a few teathing problems. the command I'm using is the following mount... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: electrode101
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris GRUB troubled with dual hard disks

I have the following system: - DELL Dimension 8300 - Pentium IV @ 2.66GHz - BIOS Revision A07 - 1.5GB RAM - 2 Hard Disks (Master 120GB, Slave 80GB), I guess it's IDE I had WinXP on the master disk (hd0) and recently installed Solaris 10 1/06 on the slave disk (hd1). The NTLDR is in MBR... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hawk
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Hard disks in solaris

I need to insert a new hard disk into a Sun Fire v210 machine. The (only) internal disk which is already in the machine is part number XRA-SC1CB-73G10K (DISK DRIVE ASSY. 73GB, 10K RPM, with SPUD BRACKET). I also have nearly endless access to IBM hard disks at extremely low prices and would there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprellari
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Get onyl local hard disks

How can I get only the local hard disks in Solaris? I've tried iostat -x, iostat -E, etc, but it shows the cdroms, dvds, external storage... I want only the local physical hard disks. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psimoes79
2 Replies

5. AIX

Mount points to hard disks

Hi I am oracle DBA and sometimes need to see on which disks oracle data files are residing . How can we check that . The file system is jfs on aix 5.2.0.0 The method is use is to use mount |grep oracle_dir_name or lsfs mount_point_name command to see what /dev/logical_volume_name is mounted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clifford
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get number of attached hard disks in HP-UX

how do i get the number of attached hard disks in HP-UX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: achak01
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Determining number of hard disks in the system

Hello to all, what is the command in Solaris/Unix which I can use to determine how many hard disks exist in the system? I have tried with different command such as df -lk and similar but cannot know for sure how many actual disks are installed. Commands like # fdisk -l | grep Disk and #... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick
14 Replies

8. AIX

How to reclaim hard disks and IP's in AIX?

Hello I recently received a request to reclaim hard disks and IP addresses within an AIX system(s). THe file systems are no longer in use and the client has indicated that it is OK to remove them and reclaim the disks and release the IP's. Now, since the file systems belong to a Volume group I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joseph Sabo
8 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)