Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Hard/Transfer errors in disks Post 302330655 by frozentin on Thursday 2nd of July 2009 02:13:45 AM
Old 07-02-2009
As dukenuke2 said in the other thread, your disks look like they are going to break soon. In the iostat o/p check for predictive failure analysis #. If it's 1, time to replace these; even if not 1, I would get your hardware vendor to take a look at these disks....

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

External Lacie USB hard disks

I'm trying to mount a USB Lacie external hardrive in my Linux system but am having trouble doing so, I'm also having trouble mounting my USB ZIP 250 drive. It is totally me being stupid, but I'm new to unix and am having a few teathing problems. the command I'm using is the following mount... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: electrode101
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris GRUB troubled with dual hard disks

I have the following system: - DELL Dimension 8300 - Pentium IV @ 2.66GHz - BIOS Revision A07 - 1.5GB RAM - 2 Hard Disks (Master 120GB, Slave 80GB), I guess it's IDE I had WinXP on the master disk (hd0) and recently installed Solaris 10 1/06 on the slave disk (hd1). The NTLDR is in MBR... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hawk
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Hard disks in solaris

I need to insert a new hard disk into a Sun Fire v210 machine. The (only) internal disk which is already in the machine is part number XRA-SC1CB-73G10K (DISK DRIVE ASSY. 73GB, 10K RPM, with SPUD BRACKET). I also have nearly endless access to IBM hard disks at extremely low prices and would there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprellari
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Get onyl local hard disks

How can I get only the local hard disks in Solaris? I've tried iostat -x, iostat -E, etc, but it shows the cdroms, dvds, external storage... I want only the local physical hard disks. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psimoes79
2 Replies

5. AIX

Mount points to hard disks

Hi I am oracle DBA and sometimes need to see on which disks oracle data files are residing . How can we check that . The file system is jfs on aix 5.2.0.0 The method is use is to use mount |grep oracle_dir_name or lsfs mount_point_name command to see what /dev/logical_volume_name is mounted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clifford
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get number of attached hard disks in HP-UX

how do i get the number of attached hard disks in HP-UX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: achak01
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Determining number of hard disks in the system

Hello to all, what is the command in Solaris/Unix which I can use to determine how many hard disks exist in the system? I have tried with different command such as df -lk and similar but cannot know for sure how many actual disks are installed. Commands like # fdisk -l | grep Disk and #... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick
14 Replies

8. AIX

How to reclaim hard disks and IP's in AIX?

Hello I recently received a request to reclaim hard disks and IP addresses within an AIX system(s). THe file systems are no longer in use and the client has indicated that it is OK to remove them and reclaim the disks and release the IP's. Now, since the file systems belong to a Volume group I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joseph Sabo
8 Replies
IOSTAT(1M)																IOSTAT(1M)

NAME
iostat - report I/O statistics SYNOPSIS
iostat [ option ] ... [ interval [ count ] ] DESCRIPTION
Iostat delves into the system and reports certain statistics kept about input-output activity. Information is kept about up to three dif- ferent disks (RF, RK, RP) and about typewriters. For each disk, IO completions and number of words transferred are counted; for typewrit- ers collectively, the number of input and output characters are counted. Also, each sixtieth of a second, the state of each disk is exam- ined and a tally is made if the disk is active. The tally goes into one of four categories, depending on whether the system is executing in user mode, in `nice' (background) user mode, in system mode, or idle. From all these numbers and from the known transfer rates of the devices it is possible to determine information such as the degree of IO overlap and average seek times for each device. The optional interval argument causes iostat to report once each interval seconds. The first report is for all time since a reboot and each subsequent report is for the last interval only. The optional count argument restricts the number of reports. With no option argument iostat reports for each disk the number of transfers per minute, the milliseconds per average seek, and the mil- liseconds per data transfer exclusive of seek time. It also gives the percentage of time the system has spend in each of the four cate- gories mentioned above. The following options are available: -t Report the number of characters of terminal IO per second as well. -i Report the percentage of time spend in each of the four categories mentioned above, the percentage of time each disk was active (seeking or transferring), the percentage of time any disk was active, and the percentage of time spent in `IO wait:' idle, but with a disk active. -s Report the raw timing information: 32 numbers indicating the percentage of time spent in each of the possible configurations of 4 system states and 8 IO states (3 disks each active or not). -b Report on the usage of IO buffers. FILES
/dev/mem, /unix IOSTAT(1M)