Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SVM, mirroring
Operating Systems Solaris SVM, mirroring Post 302330650 by Smiling Dragon on Thursday 2nd of July 2009 06:42:59 PM
Old 07-02-2009
Metadb replicas:
1. It's vital that you create metadb replicas on *both* slices. Otherwise the loss of a disk could destroy your database.
2. Having all the copies on one slice is no big problem, so long as you have them on multiple disks

Mirror:
1: That command means that you will have a mirror device called d10, it will write to d11 and d12 syncronisly - don't try to write to the underlying volumes
2: Yep, each mirror covers one slice - don't bother with slice 2 or your metadb slice though
3: Yes, this only ptoects you against disk failure, not deletions or filesystem corruption

---------- Post updated 07-03-09 at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous update was 07-02-09 at 06:03 PM ----------

Heh, snap, looks like we both answered at the same time Smilie
Good news that we've both said much the same thing too Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Change the name in SVM

gurus, i have configured the LUN's in solaris 10.after labeled the disk,i have added the disk into one of the soft partition using metattach d0 c5t1000d10s6.actully before that i should confiure the powermt and than i should have add metattch d0 emcpowerc2.i forget to do that and increased... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjay.com
0 Replies

2. Solaris

mirroring root disk using svm - but no free slices for metadb's

Hi all, we have an existing system that was configured using just one of the (two) internal disks. I want to mirror the disk using SVM, but have realised there is no free slice for creating the metadb's. Is there a workaround I can use for this? In the past we have always kept slice 7 free -... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Root Disk mirroring in SVM

Dear All, Please help me to configure root mirroring using SVM in Solaris 9. Thanks and Regards, Lakkireddy BR (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SVM doubt

i have taken two separate disk A and B created 4 slices in each A b s4 s4 s5 s5 s6 s6 s7 s7 took slices s4 of A and slice s6 0f B ---created a meta device d0 took slices s4 of B and slice s6 0f A---created a meta device d1 created main mirror d2 using d0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek_ng
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SVM

How to list out multiple Disk sets in SVM # metaset -s <disksetname> --- This will list out only one diskset but I need a list of disk sets configured for the node. Is there any command,please let me know ... Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pramath
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is interlace value in SVM?

Hi All, I want to know what is the Interlace value in SVM and what is the need of this ? regards, prashant (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
1 Replies

7. Solaris

SVM Creation

Hello, I recently patched my Solaris 10 box and found out that few of the apps are not working. Fortunately, I had detached the mirroring prior to patching, so I just booted into my secondary disk and found that my apps are working.... The problem is this was way back in last month....see... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigi_p5
14 Replies

8. Solaris

Fsck with SVM

Hello I want to ask that how to mount and run fsck in SVM disk.In my scenario if i have to disks c0t0d0 and c0t1d0 these two disks are in Mirroring (raid1) if i want to run fsck on the disks than below are the right steps? ok boot cdrom -s mount /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 /a cd /a fsck... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnybravo
3 Replies

9. Solaris

SVM ISSUE...

Dear All, I face some errors in SVM.Need help. Actually couple of days ago i got a call from one of the customer mentioning that one of the sub-mirror was in Need maintance state. So we replaced that disk. After Replacing the disk it comes back to "Okay" State. But the Error are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Root disk mirroring in SVM

I tried doing rootdisk mirroring in my local host , i added a new Ide disk in my system and copied the prtvtoc from root disk to the newly added disk, and then when i tried to add database replicas on both the disks, it was added for boot disk but for the newly added disk i gave the error, which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laxxi
6 Replies
RoPkg::Simba::Mirror(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 RoPkg::Simba::Mirror(3pm)

NAME
RoPkg::Simba::Mirror - a mirror class VERSION
0.1.3 DESCRIPTION
RoPkg::Simba::Mirror is a class used to hold all the information a mirror has. Also, the RoPkg::Simba::Mirror can be used to add/del/update a mirror to/from the database. Simba is derivated from RoPkg::DBObject. SYNOPSIS
!#/usr/bin/perl use RoPkg::DB; use RoPkg::Simba::Mirror; sub main { my $dbp = new RoPkg::DB(); $dbp->Add('dbi:mysql:database=mysql;host=localhost', 'root', '', 'local'); my $m = new RoPkg::Simba::Mirror(dbo => $dbp, dbo_method => 'db_local'); $m->Name('debian'); $m->Load(); } main(); SUBROUTINES
/METHODS All methods raise OutsideClass exception when called outside class instance. Besides this, each method, may raise other exceptions. Check each method section to find out more. new() The class constructor. At this moment, it just calls RoPkg::DBObject->new() . Please read the RoPkg::DBObject manual page for more information about the new() parameters. table() Returns the name of the mirrors database table. Add() Adds the mirror to the database. This method is a wrapper for RoPkg::DBObject::SQL_Insert . On success 0 is returned. On error, DBI exception is raised. Delete() Deletes the current mirror from the database. Before calling this method, you should set the id of the mirror . If you don't set the id Param::Missing exception is raised. On database operation success, 0 is returned. On database error, DBI exception is raised. Update() Update the current mirror object with the database. Before calling this method, you should set the id of the mirror . If you don't set the id Param::Missing exception is raised. On database operation success, 0 is returned. On database error, DBI exception is raised. Load() Load the mirror information from the database, into the current object. Before calling this method you should have set id or Name. If id or Name are not set, then Param::Missing is raised. On database operation success 0 is returned. On database error, DBI exception is raised. GetMethods() Returns a array with the current object methods names. In scalar context returns the number of methods. The following methods are get/set methods for all fields of a mirror. *) id *) Name *) Description *) HomeSite *) LocalDir *) Size *) SyncMethod *) CommandID *) LastErrorCode *) Active *) InProgress *) SyncSource *) SyncSourceUser *) SyncSourcePass *) SyncSourceModule *) Contact *) LastUpdated *) LastUpdateDuration *) LastUpdateSpeed *) LastUpdateFilesNo *) LastUpdateBytes *) LocalURL *) StdOut *) StdErr DIAGNOSTICS
Unpack the source, and use 'make test' command CONFIGURATION AND ENVIRONMENT
This module does not use any configuration files or environment variables DEPENDENCIES
RoPkg::DBObject and RoPkg::Exceptions INCOMPATIBILITIES
None known to the author BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
None known to the author PERL CRITIC
This module is perl critic level 2 compliant (with 1 exception) SEE ALSO
RoPkg::Simba RoPkg::Simba::Mirrors RoPkg::DBObject RoPkg::Object AUTHOR
Subredu Manuel <diablo@iasi.roedu.net> LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 Subredu Manuel. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The LICENSE file contains the full text of the license. perl v5.14.2 2006-07-04 RoPkg::Simba::Mirror(3pm)