Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: creating packages in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting creating packages in perl Post 302330641 by cbkihong on Thursday 2nd of July 2009 01:45:25 AM
Old 07-02-2009
This is a rather big topic and would take more than a single forum thread would occupy. Authoritative information can be found in perlmod manpage. Do tell us in case you have difficulties understanding that.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls guide me in learning in Perl Module and packages

Hi, It is very urgent. Pls guide me in learning Perl Module and the Packages. Eventhough i tried in the google, I didnt get upto my expectations. Pls guide me how to create , build Module and the package. Many Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yamini Thoppen
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a file using Perl

Hi guys, when i use the following code: open(DEST, ">>DESTINATION_")|| die "$!"; #OPEN FILE FOR WRITING @contents=@field; print DEST "@contents\n"; I am creating a file that lookss like this: Wed May 14 11:42:03 2008 10800 306973223399 19419-NEA 1 1259 1 3 80 What i want to do is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating loop for a script -Perl

Hi Guyz I designed a script that can compare 2 columns(values) of single file and gives the closest numbers to the first column by comparing the numbers in first column with second and it works in a single file. Now I'm trying to design a new script with 2 objectives for 2 files (not a single... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating output file using Perl

As an simple example, I have the following files fin1.zv being a one column set of number 1 90 2 80 3 60 4 30 5 20 fin2.zv is another file like this 1 10 20 30 40 50 2 60 70 80 90 0 3 90 80 70 60 50 4 40 30 20 10 0 5 10 20 30 40 50 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating/using libraries Perl...blank outout?

Good morning!! Im trying to create a script that should get a list of numbers from the user (using STDIN or a list of arguments), and call my library function. #!use/bin/perl require 'my-lib.pl'; @userArray = <STDIN>; while() { chomp; last if ! /\d/; push(@userArray,&_); }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
2 Replies

6. Slackware

Find Slackware Packages - packages.acl.org.ua

Hi! Let me introduce a project for find and download Slackware packages and browse Slackware repositories. The site provides following features: * Large, daily updated database with RPM, DEB, TGZ, TXZ packages for well-known repositories of the Slackware, Fedora, CentOS, RHEL, Debian,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lystor
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a date (without time) in perl

I have a perl script that automatically runs on Mondays. I need to have it create a variable for last Monday's date thru that Sunday's date. example: 04-01-2011 thru 04-08-2011 Its reporting numbers for the previous week beginning with Monday and ending on Sunday. So i dont have to go in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbraml
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating excel file using perl

Hi , I am writing a simple excel file and want to create the file under say 'D:\Documents and Settings'. The problem with my code is it is writing in the same directory instead of the specified. Here is a sample code use Spreadsheet::WriteExcel; my $workbook =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daptal
1 Replies

9. Programming

Perl: restrict perl from automaticaly creating a hash branches on check

My issue is that the perl script (as I have done it so far) created empty branches when I try to check some branches on existence. I am using multydimentional hashes: found it as the best way for information that I need to handle. Saing multidimentional I means hash of hashes ... So, I have ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies
Prima::HelpViewer(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Prima::HelpViewer(3)

NAME
Prima::HelpViewer - the built-in pod file browser USAGE
The module presents two packages, "Prima::HelpViewer" and "Prima::PodViewWindow". Their sole purpose is to serve as a mediator between "Prima::PodView" package, the toolkit help interface and the user. "Prima::PodViewWindow" includes all the user functionality, including ( but not limited to :) text search, color and font setup, printing etc. "Prima::HelpViewer" provides two methods - "open" and "close", used by "Prima::Application" for help viewer invocation. Help The browser can be used to view and print POD ( plain old documentation ) files. See the command overview below for more detailed description: File Open Presents a file selection dialog, when the user can select a file to browse in the viewer. The file must contain POD content, otherwise a warning is displayed. Goto Asks for a manpage, that is searched in PATH and the installation directories. New window Opens the new viewer window with the same context. Run Commands in this group call external processes p-class p-class is Prima utility for displaying the widget class hierachies. The command asks for Prima class to display the hierachy information for. Print Provides a dialog, when the user can select the appropriate printer device and its options. Prints the current topic to the selected printer. If "Full text view" menu item is checked, prints the whole manpage. Close window Closes the window. Close all windows Closes all help viewer windows. View Increase font Increases the currently selected font by 2 points. Decrease font Decreases the currently selected font by 2 points. Full text view If checked, the whole manpage is displayed. Otherwise, its content is presented as a set of topic, and only one topic is displayed. Find Presents a find dialog, where the user can select the text to search and the search options - the search direction, scope, and others. Find again Starts search for the text, entered in the last find dialog, with the same search options. Fast find The following commands provide a simple vi-style text search functionality - character keys ?,/,n,N bound to the commands below: Forward Presents an input line where a text can be entered; the text search is performed parallel to the input. Backward Same as Forward option, except that the serach direction is backwards. Repeat forward Repeat the search in the same direction as the initial search was being invoked. Repeat backward Repeat the search in the reverse direction as the initial search was being invoked. Setup Presents a setup dialog, where the user can select appropriate fonts and colors. Go Back Displays the previously visited manpage ( or topic ) Forward Displays the previously visited manpage ( or topic ), that was left via Back command. Up Displays the upper level topic within a manpage. Previous Moves to the previous topic within a manpage. Next Moves to the next topic within a manpage. Help About Displays the information about the help viewer. Help Displays the information about the usage of the help viewer AUTHOR
Dmitry Karasik, <dmitry@karasik.eu.org>. COPYRIGHT
This program is distributed under the BSD License. perl v5.14.2 2009-02-24 Prima::HelpViewer(3)