Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl Extract String
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Extract String Post 302330627 by KevinADC on Wednesday 1st of July 2009 10:36:22 PM
Old 07-01-2009
perl:

Code:
$string = 'something is good wanted (bla bla)';
my ($match) = $string =~ /\s(\w+)\s\(/;
print $match;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl newbie: how to extract an unknown word from a string

hi, im quite new to perl regexp. i have a problem where i want to extract a word from a given string. but the word is unknown, only fact is that it appears as the second word in the string. Eg. input string(s) : char var1 = 'A'; int var2 = 10; char *ptr; and what i want to do is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolwy_pete
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string in a file and extract another string to a variable

Hi, guys. I have one question: I need to search for a string in a file, and then extract another string from the file and assign it to a variable. For example: the contents of the file (group) is below: ... ftp:x:23: mail:x:34 ... testing:x:2001 sales:x:2002 development:x:2003 ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl REGEX - How do extract a string in a line?

Hi Guys, In the following line: cn=portal.090710.191533.428571000,cn=groups,dc=mp,dc=rj,dc=gov,dc=br I need to extract this string: portal.090710.191533.428571000 As you can see this string always will be bettween "cn=" and "," strings. Someone know one regular expression to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick-ski
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract string from a file & write to a new file (Perl)

Hi, This is the first time playing around with perl and need some help. Assuming if i have a line of text that looks like this: Date/Time=Nov 18 17:12:11;Device Name=192.168.1.1;Device IP=192.168.1.1;Device Class=IDS;Source IP=155.212.212.111;Source Name=UNKNOWN;Source Port=1679... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LuckyGuy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract string and sending it into a new file in perl program

Hi, I have a input file with following values (test.out) I would like to grep all lines with word 'PANIC' and sent it another file using perl program with grep command. I have been trying different ways and not working. Pls advice. Thanks a lot for the help. --example--... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

to extract string from main string and string comparison

continuing from my previous post, whose link is given below as a reference https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/171076-shell-scripting.html#post302573569 consider there is create table commands in a file for eg: CREATE TABLE `Blahblahblah` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a string between 2 ref string from a file

Hi, May i ask if someone share some command for extracting a string between 2 ref string in a txt file My objective: i had a file with multiple lines and wants only to extract the string "watch?v=IbkAXOmEHpY" or "watch?v=<11 random character>", when i used "grep 'watch?=*' i got a results per... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search String and extract few lines under the searched string

Need Assistance in shell programming... I have a huge file which has multiple stations and i wanted to search particular station and extract few lines from it and the rest is not needed Bold letters are the stations . The whole file has multiple stations . Below example i wanted to search... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract every repeated string between two specific string?

Hello guys, I have problem with hpux shell script. I have one big text file that contains like SOH bla bla bla bla bla bla ETX SOH bla bla bla ETX SOH bla bla bla ETX What I need to do is save first SOH*BLA into file1.txt, save second SOH*BLA into file2.txt and so on.... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sembii
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract n-digits from string in perl

Hello, I have a log file with logs such as 01/05/2017 10:23:41 : file.log.38: database error, MODE=SINGLE, LEVEL=critical, STATE: 01170255 (mode main how can i use perl to extract the 8-digit number below from the string 01170255 Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: james2009
7 Replies
LR_DEANONYMIZE.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation				      LR_DEANONYMIZE.IN(1)

NAME
lr_deanonymize - restore anonymized data, using a dump as produced by lr_anonymize(1) SYNOPSIS
lr_deanonymize dumpfilestem DESCRIPTION
lr_deanonymize is typically used when receiving anonymized reports from a responder. See the section on "Processing The Responder's Results" in the chapter on "Using A Responder" in the Lire User Manual for usage examples. lr_deanonymize reads a file containing anonymized emailaddresses, ipnumbers, and hostnames (typically a report, generated from a logfile from an internet service) from stdin, and prints a "deanonymized" version of this file to stdout. It reads its information to do this from a bunch of Berkeley DB's, stored in files whose's names are derived from dumpfilestem, as produced by lr_anonymize(1). EXAMPLE
A 'logfile' like e.g. blaat fkrf 1.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa] pietje@bigcompany.com bla 1 2 3 lj;agas;gag blaat 1.2.3.4 fkrf 3.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa] bla 1 www.hotsex.com 2 3 lj;agas;gag jan@blaat.frut.com agagag blaat fkrf 4.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa] bla pietje@bigcompany.com www.hotsex.com 234.34.2.0 jan@blaat.frut.com 4.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa1 2 3 lj;agas;gag blaat fkrf tweede 3.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa] bla 1.2.3.4 1 blablabla.com 2 mdcc.cx 3 lj;agas;gag wil get anonymized to blaat fkrf 1.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa] john.doe.1@example.com bla 1 2 3 lj;agas;gag blaat 10.0.0.1 fkrf 2.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa] bla 1 1.example.com 2 3 lj;agas;gag john.doe.2@example.com agagag blaat fkrf 3.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa] bla john.doe.1@example.com 1.example.com 10.0.0.2 john.doe.2@example.com 3.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa1 2 3 lj;agas;gag blaat fkrf tweede 2.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa] bla 10.0.0.1 1 2.example.com 2 3.example.com 3 lj;agas;gag The dump will look like ip 234.34.2.0 10.0.0.2 ip 1.2.3.4 10.0.0.1 inaddr 3.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa 2.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa inaddr 1.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa 1.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa inaddr 4.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa 3.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa domain mdcc.cx 3.example.com domain blablabla.com 2.example.com domain www.hotsex.com 1.example.com email jan@blaat.frut.com john.doe.2@example.com email pietje@bigcompany.com john.doe.1@example.com SEE ALSO
lr_anonymize(1) VERSION
$Id: lr_deanonymize.in,v 1.4 2006/07/23 13:16:32 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2001 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. AUTHOR
Joost van Baal <joostvb@logreport.org> Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 LR_DEANONYMIZE.IN(1)