Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: creating packages in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting creating packages in perl Post 302330626 by hansini on Wednesday 1st of July 2009 10:24:46 PM
Old 07-01-2009
creating packages in perl

How to create Module Packages from the scratch in perl.

Thanks in advance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls guide me in learning in Perl Module and packages

Hi, It is very urgent. Pls guide me in learning Perl Module and the Packages. Eventhough i tried in the google, I didnt get upto my expectations. Pls guide me how to create , build Module and the package. Many Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yamini Thoppen
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a file using Perl

Hi guys, when i use the following code: open(DEST, ">>DESTINATION_")|| die "$!"; #OPEN FILE FOR WRITING @contents=@field; print DEST "@contents\n"; I am creating a file that lookss like this: Wed May 14 11:42:03 2008 10800 306973223399 19419-NEA 1 1259 1 3 80 What i want to do is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating loop for a script -Perl

Hi Guyz I designed a script that can compare 2 columns(values) of single file and gives the closest numbers to the first column by comparing the numbers in first column with second and it works in a single file. Now I'm trying to design a new script with 2 objectives for 2 files (not a single... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating output file using Perl

As an simple example, I have the following files fin1.zv being a one column set of number 1 90 2 80 3 60 4 30 5 20 fin2.zv is another file like this 1 10 20 30 40 50 2 60 70 80 90 0 3 90 80 70 60 50 4 40 30 20 10 0 5 10 20 30 40 50 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating/using libraries Perl...blank outout?

Good morning!! Im trying to create a script that should get a list of numbers from the user (using STDIN or a list of arguments), and call my library function. #!use/bin/perl require 'my-lib.pl'; @userArray = <STDIN>; while() { chomp; last if ! /\d/; push(@userArray,&_); }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
2 Replies

6. Slackware

Find Slackware Packages - packages.acl.org.ua

Hi! Let me introduce a project for find and download Slackware packages and browse Slackware repositories. The site provides following features: * Large, daily updated database with RPM, DEB, TGZ, TXZ packages for well-known repositories of the Slackware, Fedora, CentOS, RHEL, Debian,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lystor
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a date (without time) in perl

I have a perl script that automatically runs on Mondays. I need to have it create a variable for last Monday's date thru that Sunday's date. example: 04-01-2011 thru 04-08-2011 Its reporting numbers for the previous week beginning with Monday and ending on Sunday. So i dont have to go in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbraml
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating excel file using perl

Hi , I am writing a simple excel file and want to create the file under say 'D:\Documents and Settings'. The problem with my code is it is writing in the same directory instead of the specified. Here is a sample code use Spreadsheet::WriteExcel; my $workbook =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daptal
1 Replies

9. Programming

Perl: restrict perl from automaticaly creating a hash branches on check

My issue is that the perl script (as I have done it so far) created empty branches when I try to check some branches on existence. I am using multydimentional hashes: found it as the best way for information that I need to handle. Saing multidimentional I means hash of hashes ... So, I have ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies
Module::Install::Base(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Module::Install::Base(3pm)

NAME
Module::Install::Base - Base class for Module::Install extensions SYNOPSIS
In a Module::Install extension: use Module::Install::Base (); @ISA = qw(Module::Install::Base); DESCRIPTION
This module provide essential methods for all Module::Install extensions, in particular the common constructor "new" and method dispatcher "AUTOLOAD". METHODS
new(%args) Constructor -- need to preserve at least _top AUTOLOAD The main dispatcher - copy extensions if missing _top() Returns the top-level Module::Install object. admin() Returns the "_top" object's associated Module::Install::Admin object on the first run (i.e. when there was no inc/ when the program started); on subsequent (user-side) runs, returns a fake admin object with an empty "AUTOLOAD" method that does nothing at all. is_admin() Tells whether this is the first run of the installer (on author's side). That is when there was no inc/ at program start. True if that's the case. False, otherwise. SEE ALSO
Module::Install AUTHORS
Audrey Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003, 2004 by Audrey Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.14.2 2012-03-01 Module::Install::Base(3pm)