Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCSI Bus Reset
Operating Systems Solaris SCSI Bus Reset Post 302330487 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 1st of July 2009 11:06:43 AM
Old 07-01-2009
for a new question please open a new thread and don't capture the threads of other people! also use code tags and not a different color if you post output fom terminals oder code sniplets!

for your problem:
this looks like some of your disks might brake soon...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bus Error

This may belong in the C Programming forum, but here goes anyway... What would cause a bus error? I searched google for a cause, but came up with some conflicting reports... Could it be caused by disk space? A lot of the pages I found mentioned linking with the incorrect versions of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCSI bus is hung

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing me to get the error "The SCSI bus is hung. Perhaps an external device is turned off"? This is occuring when I try to boot off of my external CDROM. I have tried this CDROM on 3 different systems, tried different SCSI cables, and different terminators... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saucierm
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bus error(coredump

aix 5.3 ML1 system was functioing well, when suddenly telnet session hung and then I got the following message "Bus error(coredump)" would appreciate if anyone would assist as to what to do next. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Student37
3 Replies

4. Programming

BUS error

Hi! I've got a program which runs fine under Linux, but I have compiled it to run under SunOS 5.8 in a Sparc computer, and now it sometimes fails with "bus error". Ussing gdb I surfed to the error line, which is *pointer = some_vector; where some_vector is a 16 byte struct (4 integers)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shesatmine
1 Replies

5. SCO

How to install UNIX 5.0.7 on an ML 330 G3 server with IDE array instead of scsi bus

My boss get a Proliant ML 330 G3 server with IDE ARRAY Bus, I try to isntall UNIX 5.0.7 on it but i't didn't detect as a hdd, I try to configure it as single logical drive and many combinations but UNIX always says taht there is no hdd, does anyone knows how to?? the boss of course won't say it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jactroo
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Bus Error

I am getting bus error when i include "#!/bin/ksh". If i remove interpreter then script is working. Can anyone explain this and how can i avoid this error? Operating System is HP-UX B.11.23 U 9000/800 1091834454 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anbu23
2 Replies

7. Programming

Bus error

Hi everyone, I have a GUI project and when I run it and left in idle state for a long time(there is nothing done, just opened GUI, no more actions),I get bus error after trying to do anything with it. I've tried to build it in debug mode and use gdb, but I don't get any error in debug mode.It... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sisi
3 Replies

8. BSD

How to rescan scsi bus without reboot on OpenBSD

Hello, My question as title, I don't know the exact command, anyone could tell me about it? Kevin (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: guixingyi
0 Replies

9. Programming

Bus Error: 10...Help please!

Hi all, I am writing a phonebook program to store names and number using a list. Here is the code for the function which allows the user to enter the name and number (where the error occurs). //THIS FUNCTION ADDS A NEW ENTRY TO THE phonebook_list void insert(void){ //variables int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdejan
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

Scsi bus scan

Hi, I have presented a LUN to a VM (RHEL 5.8) and need to scan the scsi bus in order for the OS to pick it up. On FC attached hosts I can: echo "1" > /sys/class/fc_host/host0/issue_lip echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host0/scan ....but this does not work on my vm. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
3 Replies
PCAP_ACTIVATE(3PCAP)													      PCAP_ACTIVATE(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_activate - activate a capture handle SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_activate(pcap_t *p); DESCRIPTION
pcap_activate() is used to activate a packet capture handle to look at packets on the network, with the options that were set on the handle being in effect. RETURN VALUE
pcap_activate() returns 0 on success without warnings, PCAP_WARNING_PROMISC_NOTSUP on success on a device that doesn't support promiscuous mode if promiscuous mode was requested, PCAP_WARNING_TSTAMP_TYPE_NOTSUP on success if the time stamp type specified in a previous pcap_set_tstamp_type() call isn't supported by the capture source (the time stamp type is left as the default), PCAP_WARNING on success with any other warning, PCAP_ERROR_ACTIVATED if the handle has already been activated, PCAP_ERROR_NO_SUCH_DEVICE if the capture source specified when the handle was created doesn't exist, PCAP_ERROR_PERM_DENIED if the process doesn't have permission to open the capture source, PCAP_ERROR_PROMISC_PERM_DENIED if the process has permission to open the capture source but doesn't have permission to put it into promiscuous mode, PCAP_ERROR_RFMON_NOTSUP if monitor mode was specified but the capture source doesn't support monitor mode, PCAP_ERROR_IFACE_NOT_UP if the capture source is not up, and PCAP_ERROR if another error occurred. If PCAP_WARNING or PCAP_ERROR is returned, pcap_geterr() or pcap_perror() may be called with p as an argument to fetch or display a message describing the warning or error. If PCAP_WARNING_PROMISC_NOTSUP, PCAP_ERROR_NO_SUCH_DEVICE, or PCAP_ERROR_PERM_DENIED is returned, pcap_geterr() or pcap_perror() may be called with p as an argument to fetch or display an message giving additional details about the problem that might be useful for debugging the problem if it's unexpected. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP) 5 April 2008 PCAP_ACTIVATE(3PCAP)