Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting use statements and system glitch Post 302330364 by otheus on Wednesday 1st of July 2009 03:40:23 AM
Old 07-01-2009
The advisable solution is to localize all includes/required modules. Having said that, you could try something like this, in place of your use:
Code:
BEGIN { 
  if (-r path-to-module)  { require module; import Module; } 
}

So what will happen if the module is unavailable? the rest of your code will probably fail to compile.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

or statements?

how do i do an or in an if-then statement? i tried: if ; then bleh fi how???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blip
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - backticks v system in if statements

Can someone explain the difference between backticks and system when evaluated in these if statements: sub getDate { print "start date\n"; if ( system("/bin/date") ) { print "can't get date\n"; exit(2); } print "finish date\n"; } Returns the following: start date Thu... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjkeenan
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Else in If Statements

Sorry to be a pain, but how does the else work in the if statements? Ive been making scripts with if statements but i cant get the else statements working. Can you help? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help on IF statements.

I had different problem scenarios with IF statement. Can any expert please enlighten me on the difference with these scenarios. Thank you. 1st Scenario: testdate=`date +%Y%m` test=`cat /var/log/database0.$testdate*.log | grep "Errors found during processing" | tail -10` if then ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filthymonk
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a little kick with sed, got it almost but on glitch

hi friends. yo i have a textfile with urlīs in it sometimes middle in text, sometimes one url alone is a line i append a string right behind the domain name so that http://unix.com becomes http://unix.com.APPENDTHIS on all occasions. i use this sed-line to achieve this: sed -i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfake
3 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Ubuntu costumized like OSX glitch

I have a laptop running Ubuntu Gusty. I have recently used applications such as AWN, Emerald, etc... to create a Mac OS X Leopard like environment. It works almost perfectly except for one little glitch. When I open most of my apps/windows, they all open with the top bar(with includes close,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with For Statements

Hi, I am trying to write a for statement that will allow for the ps, who, finger, and date commands to run. Can anyone help? I use Putty. (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: lexydoll87
22 Replies

8. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional delete -- New glitch

Hi Please dont consider this as duplicated post.. I am using below pattern to find delete files to bringdown disc size.. however how i can make sure ist going to correct folder and searching for files... while print "echo rm " LastFile correctly print files names for deletion, but when i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
7 Replies
Test::Without::Module(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Test::Without::Module(3pm)

NAME
Test::Without::Module - Test fallback behaviour in absence of modules SYNOPSIS
use Test::Without::Module qw( My::Module ); # Now, loading of My::Module fails : eval { require My::Module; }; warn $@ if $@; # Now it works again eval q{ no Test::Without::Module qw( My::Module ) }; eval { require My::Module; }; print "Found My::Module" unless $@; DESCRIPTION
This module allows you to deliberately hide modules from a program even though they are installed. This is mostly useful for testing modules that have a fallback when a certain dependency module is not installed. EXPORT None. All magic is done via "use Test::Without::Module LIST" and "no Test::Without::Module LIST". Test::Without::Module::get_forbidden_list This function returns a reference to a copy of the current hash of forbidden modules or an empty hash if none are currently forbidden. This is convenient if you are testing and/or debugging this module. ONE LINER
A neat trick for using this module from the command line was mentioned to me by NUFFIN and by Jerrad Pierce: perl -MTest::Without::Module=Some::Module -w -Iblib/lib t/SomeModule.t That way, you can easily see how your module or test file behaves when a certain module is unavailable. BUGS
o There is no lexical scoping CREDITS
Much improvement must be thanked to Aristotle from PerlMonks, he pointed me to a much less convoluted way to fake a module at <http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node=192635>. I also discussed with him an even more elegant way of overriding CORE::GLOBAL::require, but the parsing of the overridden subroutine didn't work out the way I wanted it - CORE::require didn't recognize barewords as such anymore. NUFFIN and Jerrad Pierce pointed out the convenient use from the command line to interactively watch the behaviour of the test suite and module in absence of a module. AUTHOR
Copyright (c) 2003-2009 Max Maischein, <corion@cpan.org> LICENSE
This module is released under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Devel::Hide, Acme::Intraweb, PAR, perlfunc perl v5.10.0 2009-01-18 Test::Without::Module(3pm)