Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Array Variables to be returned to main Post 302330360 by prasperl on Wednesday 1st of July 2009 02:56:12 AM
Old 07-01-2009
If you still want to keep the base index as 1,use this command,

$[=1;

sample code:
@Marks = (10,11,2007);
print @Marks[0],@Marks[1],@Marks[2];
$[=1;
print @Marks[1],@Marks[2],@Marks[3];

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: storing regex in array variables trouble

hi this is an example of code: use strict; use warnings; open FILE, "/tmp/result_2"; my $regex="\\ Starting program ver. (.*)"; my $res="Program started, version <$1> - OK.\n"; while (<FILE>) { if ($_ =~ /($regex)/) { print "$res"; } } close FILE; This finds $regex and print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xist
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

'who' command -- getting data returned into variables (in bash)

Anyone know how to get the data out of the "who" command? I'm still in lukewarm pursuit of creating an OS X-like welcome message at the start of any Terminal session, sans having to use either bash login or calling up ssh. My trials & errors and surfing around have narrowed it down for me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl, put one array into many array when field is equal to sth

Hi Everyone, #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my @test=("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;ggg;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); would like to split the @test array into two array: @test1=(("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); and @test2=("a;b;ggg;c;d"); means search for 3rd filed. Thanks find the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl, searching multiple files and printing returned line to new file

I am trying to find a way to utilise the full potential of my cpu cores and memory on my windows machine. Now, I am quite familiar with grep, however, running a Unix based OS is not an option right now. Unfortunately, the 32 bit grep for windows that I am running, I cannot run multiple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Moloch
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the main node name in xml using perl?

Hi, I am having an conf file like this: <Main> <NODE> <NODENAME>FRUITS</NODENAME> <NAME>APPLE</NAME> <COLOUR>RED</COLOUR> <NODE> <IsWrapper/> <NODENAME>SEASONAL</NODENAME> <NODE> <NAME>MANGO</NAME> <COLOUR>GREEN</COLOUR> </NODE> </NODE>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in separating variables declared in the main function

Hi! I've a C program as shown below.. The line numbers and the statements of the program are separated by a space.. 1 #include<stdio.h> 2 char a,b,c; 3 float x,y,z; 4 int main() 5 { 6 int d,e,f; 7 // further declarations 8 // further declarations 9 /* body*/ 10 } 11 void fun1() 12... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abk07
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : Read an array and write to another array with intial string pattern checks

I have an array and two variables as below, I need to check if $datevar is present in $filename. If so, i need to replace $filename with the values in the array. I need the output inside an ARRAY How can this be done. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[ksh93+] Array fed by function is empty when used in main.

I feel that i am missing something obvious but i can't find what is wrong. I have a script that is launching some functions with "&" and each call is feeding the array with a value. When all calls are finished I just want to retrieve the values of that array. It is looking like that : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibou25
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: How to avoid warnings for superfluous values returned?

Hi all, a question for the Perl knowledgeable: I have use warnings; enabled. I use something like: ($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year,$wday,$yday,$isdst) = localtime(time); In the further code I only work with some of the returned variables, as the others I have no need for. Though the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
1 Replies

10. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
ACTDIAG(1)						      General Commands Manual							ACTDIAG(1)

NAME
actdiag - generate activity-diagram image file from spec-text file. SYNOPSIS
actdiag [options] files DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the actdiag commands. actdiag is a program that generate activity-diagram image file from spec-text file. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -h, --help show this help message and exit -a, --antialias Pass diagram image to anti-alias filter -c FILE, --config=FILE read configurations from FILE -o FILE write diagram to FILE -f FONT, --font=FONT use FONT to draw diagram -s, ----separate Separate diagram images for each group (SVG only) -T TYPE Output diagram as TYPE format SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by http://tk0miya.bitbucket.org/actdiag/build/html/index.html AUTHOR
actdiag was written by Takeshi Komiya <i.tkomiya@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Kouhei Maeda <mkouhei@palmtb.net>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). June 5, 2011 ACTDIAG(1)