Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Delete files Recursively *thumbs*.jpg Post 302330327 by ..Chris.. on Tuesday 30th of June 2009 10:34:37 PM
Old 06-30-2009
Delete files Recursively *thumbs*.jpg

Sorry, for this additional question. You solution worked, and I had an s in the file name when trying your solution, and noticed it later.

Thank you for your reply. I attempted to list the files using the command below, but nothing showed up? There was no listing of files, but when in the directory, simply typing dir (bin/bash) lists the files that I want to delete.

Code:
find . -name \*thumbs\*.jpg -type f

Last edited by ..Chris..; 07-01-2009 at 12:10 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files older than 5 minutes in directory (recursively)

sorry guys can some please give me a hint how to achieve this in a slick oneliner? delete files older than 5 minutes in specified directory (recursively) peace (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfake
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files recursively in the specified directory

I have to write a shell script which can delete all the files and directories recursively inside the specified directory but should not delete the specified directory. Please some body help me in writing the script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursively delete the text between 2 strings from a file

i have 200000bytes size of a unix file i need to delete some text between two strings recursively using a loop with sed or awk . these two strings are : 1st string getting from a file :::2 nd string is fi...its constant . can anyone help me sed -n'/<1 st string >/,/fi/' <input_filename> is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh1234
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all injected code recursively

Recently all of the php files on my server got injected with some dating site code and I'm trying to get rid of it all at once. I've tried using sed but I don't know how to escape it correctly because I don't really know what I'm doing. Could you guys help me with the syntax? find ./* -type f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ISOcrates
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete recursively contents of folders

hi, I've a folder structure like : /home/project/LIBNAMEA/FILE1 /home/project/LIBNAMED/FILE2 /home/project/LIBNAMEC/FILE3 /home/project/LIBNAMED/FILE4 /home/project/LIBNAMEX/FILE5 (there is no relation in the letters after the project/ ) and i need to delete the files keeping... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtmartins
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename all ".JPG" files to ".jpg" under all subfolders...

Hi, Dear all: One question ! ^_^ I'm using bash under Ubuntu 9.10. My question is not to rename all ".JPG" files to ".jpg" in a single folder, but to rename all ".JPG" files to ".jpg" in all subfolders. To rename all ".JPG" to ".jpg" in a single folder, for x in *.JPG; do mv "$x"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recursively delete only specified directories with given pattern

Hi All, We have a requirement to recursively delete the directories and its subdirectories older than 60 days based on timestamp (folder creation timestamp)under certain directory. However it has some specific requirements. The directories will continue to be there upto any depth. the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcvasu
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting all but JPG files

I would like to delete all files but keep all the .JPG files. How can this be accomplished? Thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decompress (with gunzip) recursively, but do not delete original gz file

Hi all, I have a folder hierarchy with many gz files in them. I would like to recursively decompress them, but keep the original files. I would also like to move all the decompressed files (these are very large HDF5 files with .CP12 extension) to another data folder. Currently I am using four... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gansvv
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete empty directories recursively - HP-UX

Hi, I want to delete all empty directories in a long directore tree structure. I want to use that from a script that will run on HP-UX 11. My definition of empty directory is that there is no regular file under it and directly beneath it. To elaborate, I have below directories. /app/dev/java... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
14 Replies
prj2make(prj2make 1.0)													    prj2make(prj2make 1.0)

NAME
prj2make - Makefile generator from Visual Studio and Sharp Develop solution files. SYNOPSIS
prj2make options file DESCRIPTIOn The prj2make tool will produce Makefiles or NMakefiles from Visual Studio solution files (files ending in .sln or .csproj) or SharpDevelop combine files (files ending in .cmbx or .prjx). This tool is commonly used to compile on Unix source code which has been originally developed with Visual Studio or SharpDevelop. This tool can also be used to convert Visual Studio project files (.sln or .csproj) into Sharp Develop .prjx/.cmbx files, use the `-csproj2prjx' for this. By default prj2make will produce Makefiles suitable to be consumed by Unix Make. If your application needs to target nmake, you can use the option `-isNmake'. OPTIONS
-c , -isCsc Use csc instead of mcs on the generated files. -csproj2prjx Runs in conversion mode, and turns a csproj/sln into a set of prjx/cmbx files. -n , -isNmake Produce makefiles suitable to be used by Nmake. MAILING LISTS
Visit http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-list for details. WEB SITE
Visit: http://www.mono-project.com for details SEE ALSO
mcs(1),mono(1),make(1),mono-config(5) prj2make(prj2make 1.0)