Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems with find's -newer Flag Post 302330284 by droppedonjapan on Tuesday 30th of June 2009 05:44:16 PM
Old 06-30-2009
Hmm, when I manually put that into the command line it works, but when it's done from my script nothing is printed. I also tried to pipe it into the zip command and it said that there wasn't anything to do (as if it didn't get anything sent into it). I'm going to post the entire script here. Maybe I screwed something up in there that's messing this up.

Code:
#!/bin/bash  

export CFMCHOME=/home/cfmc/
export study=$1
export tag=$2
export repname=$3
export specop1=$4
export specop2=$5
export specop3=$6

mkdir /home/webreports/data/$tag

echo "before cp"

cp /home/webreports/custreports/$study/$repname /home/webreports/data/$tag
cd /home/webreports/data/$tag

echo "before copylive"

copylive $study

sed -i.backup -e "s/thisisspecopt1/$specop1/" $repname
sleep .1

sed -i.backup1 -e "s/thisisspecopt2/$specop2/" $repname
sleep .1

sed -i.backup2 -e "s/thisisspecopt3/$specop3/" $repname
sleep .1

touch report_start #Marker before files are created

touch -t 200201311759.30 *

yes | runjob $repname > /dev/null

pwd

find /home/webreports/data/$tag/* -newer report_start -type f -print | zip $study -@  #Zip the files that are newer than report_start

exit 0

Full output of the script:

Code:
customreport fd9006y 65202 output.spx
before cp
before copylive
/home/webreports/data/65202

zip error: Nothing to do! (fd9006y.zip)
[cfmc@CFMC2 scripts]$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files newer than...

Is there a way to use the find command to locate files newer than a specific date? Thanks! --Alex (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with find ! -newer

Hi, I would like to find if a file called test.log is older than 10 min. So i wrote : #!/usr/bin/ksh FICLOG="/home/uuu/result_test.log" FIC="/home/uuu/test.log" touch -t `perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime); printf("%s\n",strftime("%m%d%H%M",localtime(time-3600*0.17)));'`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbfree
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find -cmin or fin -newer

I am running SUSE/8 and SUSE/9 on a high end server (4 CPU, 8G RAM etc) I have a huge directory structure with over 4million files in it. I have find the files that are modified (created, modified, renamed etc etc) in the last 10 minutes periodically. I have tried "find -cmin -10" and "find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxxyyyy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and size flag

Hello everyone, I would like to filter and search for files in my curr dir where the blocks used by those files are over a certain number (i.e. 30), when I try this command find . -name "c*" -size +30 -exec ls -ls {} \; I get a list of files, the first column is the block size, right? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gio001
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to script to find the newer date in a text file?

Hi, I have a text file, foo.txt, it looks something like below. In the file there is a line that gives the date in the form of: Mon Jun 15 11:09:31 2008. I need to find which date is the newest and then store certain details of that list data to another file. So, in this sample text file, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: boolean2222
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

recently introduced to the newer option for find...does an older option exist?

To find all the files in your home directory that have been edited in some way since the last tar file, use this command: find . -newer backup.tar.gz Is anyone familiar with an older solution? looking to identify files older then 15mins across several directories. thanks, manny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a file then overwrite with a newer version

This should be a simple script, but can't find one with google search. I just need to find the file that is in many directories, then overwrite that file with a newer version i.e. find file.jar then overwrite with /root/file.jar All I get in searches is substitute text with new test inside... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haircat
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files newer than x days

We had an arrant rsync run and started copying over new files from one system to another. Although this is what we will want to do at some point, for now, we want to maintain the system as it was a few days ago. I am looking for a script that will find files that are newer than x days. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leyva62
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command not searching path when -newer specified

When this command is issued from a directory other than where the file is located it works fine: find /db2/D01/log_archive/ -name "S0002166.LOG" -type f /db2/D01/log_archive/db2d01/D01/NODE0000/C0000000/S0002166.LOG When I change -name to -newer, it doesn't work. Find only searches the current... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fletchdb2
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flag Programs that have coding problems

I create a shell script program (AIX OS) that flags any logs that certain keywords such as memsize, sasfoundation, and real time. My program isn't working maybe because my syntax logistic isn't correct. Here are examples of the logs: file1.log.02897 file2.log.02896 filez.log.02899 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
5 Replies
packf(1)						      General Commands Manual							  packf(1)

NAME
packf - compress a folder into a single file (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
packf [+folder] [msgs] [-file name] [-help] OPTIONS
Specifies the file in which you want the message(s) to be stored. If you specify an existing file then the specified messages will be appended to the end of that file. Otherwise, a new file will be created and the messages placed in it. If you do not specify a filename, packf attempts to place the messages in a file called msgbox in the current working directory. If this file does not exist, packf asks whether you want to create it. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. The default settings for this command are: +folder defaults to the current folder msgs defaults to all -file DESCRIPTION
Each message in a folder is normally stored as a separate file. The packf command takes all messages from the current folder and copies them to a single specified file. Each message in the file is separated by four <CTRL/A>s and a newline. You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument. If you do not want all the messages in a folder to be packed into one file, you can specify a number of messages or a range of messages with message numbers. The first message packed will become the current message. If you specify a +folder argument, that folder will become the current folder. When messages have been packed into a file using packf, you can separate them into individual messages using the burst command. See burst(1). PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's Mail directory Msg-Protect: To set protections when creating a new file EXAMPLES
The first example shows all the messages in the folder +lrp being packed into a file called planning: % packf +lrp -file planning The next example shows how packf prompts you if you do not specify a -file option. A file called msgbox is created by packf in your home directory, and messages 3 to 5 are packed into it: % packf +lrp 3-5 Create file "/machine/disk/username/msgbox"? y FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
burst(1) packf(1)