Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting printing the content from a file Post 302330158 by becksram123 on Tuesday 30th of June 2009 10:52:27 AM
Old 06-30-2009
hi
thanxs for ur reply..... i have formatted the output now the file looks like this
VPORCL01
Ram-pc

VPORCL02
Ram-pc
now ,
i need to print this out put in this format

VPORCL01 Ram-pc 1533 9000 9100
VPORCL02 Ram-pc 7000 9000 9100

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with awk - how to read a content of a file from every file from file list

Hi Experts. I need to list the file and the filename comes from the file ListOfFile.txt. Basicly I have a filename "ListOfFile.txt" and it contain Example of ListOfFile.txt /home/Dave/Program/Tran1.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran2.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran3.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran4.P... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanit
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing out desired content

I want this script to read notes and print the contents of any file that starts with messages and is possibly followed by a period and a digit. I've made this code, but how do I make it so that IF there is a period and a digit. Right now it only prints out the result if it is for example;... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: HardyV2
8 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Linux to Windows Printing: PDF starts printing from middle of page.

We are using Red Hat. We have a issue like this: We want to print from Linux, to a printer attached to a Windows machine. What we want to print is a PDF. It prints, but the printing starts from the middle of the page. In the report, there is no space at the top but still printing starts from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohan69
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix printing : jobs hangs in queue - printing via lp versus hpnpf

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name (hostname and ipadres are in /etc/hosts). This is the configuration file : Code: root@sco1 # cat configurationBanner: on:AlwaysContent types: simpleDevice:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: replace content from file with the content from file

Hi, I am having trouble while using 'sed' with reading files. Please help. I have 3 files. File A, file B and file C. I want to find content of file B in file A and replace it by content in file C. Thanks a lot!! Here is a sample of my question. e.g. (file A: a.txt; file B: b.txt; file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirkaulo
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with Content-Type:application/x-download Content-Disposition:attachment

I am in the process of developing a perl cgi page. I had succeeded in developing the page but there are few errors/issues with the page. description about cgi page: My CGI page retrieves all the file names from an directory and displays the files in drop down menu for downloading the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the file name and copy old file content to new file names.

Hi, I have a files in a directory as below :- ls -1 mqdepth-S1STC02 proc-mq-S1STC01 proc-mq-S1STC02 proc-mq-S1STC03 Whereever i have S1STC i need to copy them into new file with file name S2STC. expected output :- ls -1 mqdepth-S2STC02 proc-mq-S2STC01 proc-mq-S2STC02... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove exisiting file content from a file and have to append new file content?

hi all, i had the below script x=`cat input.txt |wc -1` awk 'NR>1 && NR<'$x' ' input.txt > output.txt by using above script i am able to remove the head and tail part from the input file and able to append the output to the output.txt but if i run it for second time the output is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert content of a file to another file at a line number which is given by third file

Hi friends, here is my problem. I have three files like this.. cat file1.txt ======= unix is best unix is best linux is best unix is best linux is best linux is best unix is best unix is best cat file2.txt ======== Windows performs better Mac OS performs better Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagadeesh Kumar
4 Replies
FOOMATIC-GETPJLOPTIONS(8)				      System Manager's Manual					 FOOMATIC-GETPJLOPTIONS(8)

NAME
foomatic-getpjloptions - <put a short description here> SYNOPSIS
foomatic-getpjloptions device foomatic-getpjloptions hostname port DESCRIPTION
foomatic-getpjloptions Sends a set of PJL commands and reads back the PJL options and status from a printer over a network connection or device bidirectional interface such as parallel, USB, serial. printers to standard output. The output can be piped into foomatic-addpjlop- tions to add options to the database. Options device The interface to which a local printer is connected, e.g. /dev/lp0, /dev/usb/lp0, /dev/tty00, etc. For a parallel port, you must have bidirectional support enabled at the BIOS level and the parallel port driver must support the bidirectional mode. Check your parallel port BIOS settings for EPP/bi-directional mode. hostname Host name or IP address of a network printer (HP JetDirect, DLINK, etc.). port Port on which your network printer listens for socket (Appsocket) connections. Most common ports are 9100 (JetDirect), 10000 (DLINK). Usually you can configure the port via a configuration interface. EXIT STATUS
foomatic-getpjloptions returns ??? AUTHOR
Manfred Wassmann <manolo@NCC-1701.B.Shuttle.de> for the foomatic project using output from the associated binary. Modified by Patrick Pow- ell <papowell at lprng.com> to provide betters support for network printers, error messages, and remove CR and FF from output. WARNINGS
Uni-directional protocols as remote LPD are not supported as no status is returned. Some network print servers which attach to a printer parallel port do not support bidirectional mode. Foomatic Project 2001-05-07 FOOMATIC-GETPJLOPTIONS(8)