Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Interrupt handling in k shell Post 302330052 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 30th of June 2009 06:05:11 AM
Old 06-30-2009
You can use the trap command, read the man page.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error Handling in Korn Shell scripts

Hi, I am using few ISQL statements to update and delete from a few tables in sybase, now i want to roll back the transaction when any of the statements fail.How i can i capture these errors in the shell scripts.Please advise. Thanks, Gopi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhgopi
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

signal handling in shell script

Hi can any please tell me is it possible to catch the signal in a shell script like we do in C. if yes please give me some idea or a link. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Handling Errors in Shell Scripts

I have a shell script, which calls a load script to load a database. How can i handle errors in Unix(similar to 'error level' in Batch scripts)? I am trying to use 'mailx' to send a Success/failure message based on the error level returned by the load script. I have already used an error log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarsani
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script file handling

Hi ! /bin/sh set logdir1 "logDir/local/logname" #write the filename into a file echo $logdir1 >> logname.txt how do i exec the above echo command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nathgopi214
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exception-handling in Shell programs

Hi all, I am writing a set of scripts and some of these are nested within others. I want to be able to execute a single high-level script at the command-line, which in turn may invoke other scripts as required, and when a failure occurs in any of the nested scripts, I want to be able to track... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitu_inmage
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error handling in Unix shell scripting

Hello, I have written a shell script and suppose there is any error in the script. How i can do exception handling in shell script.for example i have below code sqlplus -s <<uid>>/<<pwd>>@<<$ORACLE_SID>> <<EOF > 1_pid1.log set pagesize 0 set feedback off set heading off set linesize 200... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rksingh003
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling parameters in Shell Functions

Hi, Please help me with the below situation where I have to handle the parameters passed to a function in a unique way. Below is the code, which I am trying to execute. I basically want to pass the parameter to a function, where I am trying to get user input into array(s). I want to name... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interrupt storm detected on "irq 20" throttling interrupt source

I receive the following warning messages on a very new machine which has FreeBSD 8.1 x64 installed on it: Interrupt storm detected on "irq 20" throttling interrupt source It is unclear what this means and what its origins are (motherboard? CPU? RAM?). I can start the desktop and the message is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is there any shell command to show which interrupt handler handle which interrupt number?

Hi, all: Is there any shell command to show which interrupt handler handle which interrupt number in the system? li,kunlun (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: liklstar
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script handling processes

Hello I have a file which has around 120 lines of commands. I am trying to write a shell script like which reads the 'command' file and executes line by line with some additional (common argument) with maximum 6 commands active at a time. Each of these commands when executed takes time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackyShane_36
5 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)