Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Split text in all chars
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split text in all chars Post 302329934 by vidyadhar85 on Monday 29th of June 2009 05:28:55 PM
Old 06-29-2009
sed can do that..
Code:
/home/>echo "Hello World"|sed 's/\(.\)/\1\
/g';

Last edited by vidyadhar85; 06-29-2009 at 07:05 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert C source from 8bit chars to 16bit chars?

I was using the following bash command inside the emacs compile command to search C++ source code: grep -inr --include='*.h' --include='*.cpp' '"' * | sed "/include/d" | sed "/_T/d" | sed '/^ *\/\//d' | sed '/extern/d' Emacs will then position me in the correct file and at the correct line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find 4 chars on 2nd line, 44 chars over

I know this should be simple, but I've been manning sed awk grep and find and am stupidly stumped :( I'm trying to use sed (or awk, find, etc) to find 4 characters on the second line of a file.txt 44-47 characters in. I can find lots of sed things for lines, but not characters. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex to remove text before&&after comma chars

Hi, all: I have a question about "cleaning up" a huge file with regular expression(s) and sed: The init file goes like this: block1,blah-blah-blah-blah,numseries1,numseries2,numseries3,numseries4 block2,blah-blah-blah-blah-blah,numseries,numseries2,numseries3,numseries4 ...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yomaya
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split text file

Hi all, I am very new to shell scripting and some help is greatly appreciated. I have 10 column based text files, i would like to split each of them into 6 files ; the 1st one having columns 1, 2 ,3,4 , the second one having columns 1,2,8,9 etc. Is there a way I could get 60 files out my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shreymuk
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split text into paragraphs

Hi all! I want to make a code to split sentences into paragraphs maybe 4-5 sentences into one <p>text</p> there are no new lines in the text string any ideas with AWK, SSH? Thank you! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanantonio7777
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing rows and chars from text file

Dear community, maybe I'm asking the moon :rolleyes:, but I'm scratching my head to find a solution for it. :wall: I have a file called query.out (coming from Oracle query), the file is like this: ADDR TOTAL -------------------- ---------- TGROUPAGGR... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML - Split And Extract String between Chars

Hi, I am trying to read the records from file and split into multiple files. SourceFile.txt <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unme
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a text file into multiple text files?

I have a text file with entries like 1186 5556 90844 7873 7722 12 7890.6 78.52 6679 3455 9867 1127 5642 ..N so many records like this. I want to split this file into multiple files like cluster1.txt, cluster2.txt, cluster3.txt, ..... clusterN.txt. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sammy777
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split the text file into two

OS : RHEL 7.3 I have a file like below. I want to move (cut and paste) the first 7 lines of file1 to another file (file2). How can I do this ? In my real life scenario, I will be moving first 12 millions lines of file1 to file2 $ cat file1.txt 7369|SMITH |CLERK | ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to split data with a delimiter having chars and special chars

Hi Team, I have a file a1.txt with data as follows. dfjakjf...asdfkasj</EnableQuotedIDs><SQL><SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The delimiter string: <SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! dlm="<SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The above command is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
7 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)