Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX remove default gateway on ODM Post 302329758 by itik on Monday 29th of June 2009 10:29:52 AM
Old 06-29-2009
remove default gateway on ODM

Hi All,

I remove the default gateway by using a command line but I need also to remove it from ODM so that reboot will not trigger it back.

How do I remove it from ODM of AIX 5.3?

Thanks for any comment you may add.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clean an LV out of the ODM

I recently had a disk crash and was not able to clean the dump lv off the disk. Now trying to create new lvdump I am running into errors. My question is how do I remove the old lv out of the ODM? I have tried going through smit and also just rmlv and it cannot find the lv. Yet when I run lslv on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wamland
0 Replies

2. AIX

Removing devices from ODM

I have replace a couple of hdisks in and old AIX 4 system. I have them assigned to the hdisk numbers previously in the system. When I don an lsvg -p vgname, i see them old devices by device number still come up as missing. I think they are still in the ODM,, how can I remove them? Thanks Mike (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
5 Replies

3. AIX

Script for Comparing VGDA and ODM

Hi there guys, if you have already this script as this will help us in determining of the two are consistent, and if it is not, which is the one correct. Hope you also have for this one.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sky_lark02
1 Replies

4. AIX

Odm & Lvm

Can i have BIG help on ODM and LVM??? I m new to AIX..... Devang (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 10aix
2 Replies

5. AIX

Help with Default Gateway

Hi, I have two interfaces on m AIX 5.3 box. One going to 192.168.1.x and it has a gateway of 192.168.1.1. I configured the other gateway with 192.168.2.x and the default gateway as 192.168.2.1. But I can't get connectivity to the 192.168.2.1 network. Can someone help me out and let me know... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
7 Replies

6. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

7. AIX

Problem with the ODM base

Hi, I gonna try to explain my problem. When I list my tty I have something like that: sa3 is the RAN where the tty are connected. Yesterday I tried to delete every tty from the RAN I had a problem with a tty which was not possible to delete with rmdev -dl, so I had to : - delete it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
0 Replies

8. AIX

Removing object from ODM base

Hello! I did a big mistake and now I have to change the ODM base manually :wall: I had a server of test with 2 VG (rootvg and datavg). I had to test something on it with an other AIX version. So, to be sure to restore it, i did a mksysb before but I had completly forgotten the second vg and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Castelior
1 Replies

9. AIX

How to add the attribute to odm if it contains negative value?

Hi All, I am trying to add odm_wait attribute to CuAt programatically using putattr(&pCuAt). I was able to add when the odm_wait has positive value . But, I am facing issues when the odm_wait has negative value As per IBM, these are the odm_wait possible values #define ODM_WAIT -1 /*... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin1987
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)						    Git Manual							 GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)

NAME
git-stripspace - Remove unnecessary whitespace SYNOPSIS
git stripspace [-s | --strip-comments] git stripspace [-c | --comment-lines] DESCRIPTION
Read text, such as commit messages, notes, tags and branch descriptions, from the standard input and clean it in the manner used by Git. With no arguments, this will: o remove trailing whitespace from all lines o collapse multiple consecutive empty lines into one empty line o remove empty lines from the beginning and end of the input o add a missing to the last line if necessary. In the case where the input consists entirely of whitespace characters, no output will be produced. NOTE: This is intended for cleaning metadata, prefer the --whitespace=fix mode of git-apply(1) for correcting whitespace of patches or files in the repository. OPTIONS
-s, --strip-comments Skip and remove all lines starting with comment character (default #). -c, --comment-lines Prepend comment character and blank to each line. Lines will automatically be terminated with a newline. On empty lines, only the comment character will be prepended. EXAMPLES
Given the following noisy input with $ indicating the end of a line: |A brief introduction $ | $ |$ |A new paragraph$ |# with a commented-out line $ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |# An old paragraph, also commented-out. $ | $ |The end.$ | $ Use git stripspace with no arguments to obtain: |A brief introduction$ |$ |A new paragraph$ |# with a commented-out line$ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |# An old paragraph, also commented-out.$ |$ |The end.$ Use git stripspace --strip-comments to obtain: |A brief introduction$ |$ |A new paragraph$ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |The end.$ GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)