Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A1000 Disk storage array
Operating Systems Solaris A1000 Disk storage array Post 302329687 by Dulasi on Monday 29th of June 2009 08:16:30 AM
Old 06-29-2009
A1000 Disk storage array

I am new to the unix world. I have SunBlade 100 and A1000 Disk storage array with 12 Hard drives. I used SCSI card and SCSI cables to connect. When I do the format command,I can see disk storage as one disk instead of 12 disks as below. Could anybody can explain why?
What should I do in order to see 12 disks?

Thanks in advance.

Code:
# format
Searching for disks...done

AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
       0. c0t0d0 <DEFAULT cyl 19781 alt 2 hd 16 sec 63>
          /pci@1f,0/ide@d/dad@0,0
       1. c0t2d0 <DEFAULT cyl 38307 alt 2 hd 16 sec 255>
          /pci@1f,0/ide@d/dad@2,0
       2. c1t5d0 <Symbios-StorEDGEA1000-0205 cyl 25789 alt 2 hd 64 sec 64>
          /pci@1f,0/pci@5/scsi@1/sd@5,0

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 06-29-2009 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: added code tags

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Managing disk array on A1000

I would want to ask on what software do i need to configure disk array for StorEdge A1000. (Sun Enterprise 450 - currently installed with SUN Solaris 9.) Is it using RAID Manager 6.22? And is it compatible with SUN Solaris 9 or 10? Thanks in advance for reading or replying my post. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Disk Storage Need to Add more Disk

Hi, Anyone can help me, just want to confirm, if possible adding a disk storage that we have a RAWDATA with +ASM in our database. If possible, what would you recommend "workaround used" from us to do and the preparation. And also how long the downtime will take. Our disk continuous to grow,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fpalero
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP Storage Array

hi I need to check status and configure HP Storage Array device. HP Storageworks P2000 Please suggest (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand87
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Storage Array not readable

Hi We have an array connected to the machine but when i issue format command i dont see it. But the array is up and running and there are no warning lights. Is there a way to find that array from the OK boot prompt? Please advise. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
9 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

6. AIX

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrya
3 Replies
VPO(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    VPO(4)

NAME
vpo -- parallel to SCSI interface driver SYNOPSIS
device vpo For one or more SCSI busses: device scbus DESCRIPTION
The vpo driver provide access to parallel port Iomega Zip and Jaz drives. HARDWARE
The vpo driver supports the following parallel to SCSI interfaces: o Adaptec AIC-7110 Parallel to SCSI interface (built-in to Iomega ZIP drives) o Iomega Jaz Traveller interface o Iomega MatchMaker SCSI interface (built-in to Iomega ZIP+ drives) USAGE
The driver should let you use a printer connected to the drive while transferring data. DOS and FreeBSD file systems are supported. When mounting a DOS file system or formating a FreeBSD file system, check the slice of the disk with the fdisk(8) utility. In order to unixify a ZIP disk, put the following in /etc/disktab: zip|zip 100: :ty=removable:se#512:nc#96:nt#64:ns#32: :pa#196608:oa#0:ba#4096:fa#512: :pb#196608:ob#0:bb#4096:fb#512: :pc#196608:oc#0:bc#4096:fc#512: and use bsdlabel(8). If you have trouble with your driver, your parallel chipset may not run properly at the detected mode (NIBBLE, PS2 or EPP). Tune the ppc(4) bootflags to force other modes. SEE ALSO
da(4), lpt(4), ppbus(4), ppc(4), scsi(4) HISTORY
The vpo manual page first appeared in FreeBSD 3.0. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Nicolas Souchu. BUGS
During boot, the driver first tries to detect a classic ZIP, then a ZIP+. The ZIP+ detection is intrusive and may send erroneous characters to your printer if the drive is not connected to your parallel port. BSD
December 14, 2004 BSD