Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Increasing allocated space to a mount - possible? Post 302329519 by Scott on Sunday 28th of June 2009 02:21:45 PM
Old 06-28-2009
I just broke my Solaris again and tried the mount thing.

Code:
cd /
$ echo x > x
x: cannot create
$ /sbin/mount -o remount,rw /
echo x > x
(it worked)

(you need to either give the full path or cd /sbin and use ./mount)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Swap space used greater than allocated using top

Hi there, When I run top on my machine it says I have 497M swap space in use, and 380M swap space free, but I have only allocated 512M swap space to the machine!!!! Does anyone know how swap used is calculated in the top command? Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chorgan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Increasing filesystem space

Now, i know a ufs file system can be increased using mkfs but hwo do I take space from a file system and add it to another file system? at my job here, that seems to be possible because I see request on it almost every day. what is the exact command to do this and does the system need to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

df+du=Total space allocated(for a file system)

Hi All, Will df+du=Total space allocted for a file system?? Is the above correct. Please correct me If iam wrong. In one my programs the above is not happening. Please help me out. Many thanks. Regards, Manas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best ways of increasing space on a partition

Hi, On one of our solaris servers, the root partition has filled up,(it was poorly sized in the first place), Does anyone have any advice about the best way to add space to a partition. I'm sure I've read how to do this somewhere before but just can't remember...:( A colleague has suggested... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kenny123m
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Can be changeed the allocated space

i am working with solaris 9 and my disk usages are # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 2148263 1902721 202577 91% / /proc 0 0 0 0% /proc mnttab 0 0 0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increasing swap space

I searched the archives first, but found that there are alot of mixed answers on whether swap space can or can not be increased. Some postings said swap space can be increased using the swap or growfs commands while other postings said you can not increase the permanent size of the swap space. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kevin1166
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Increasing disk space of a mount point.

Hi I have a mount point that is in production environment, and is currently filled up. more space has been presented from same original source (EVA). Problem; 1. Can't see presented space 2. After I discover the presented space, how do I go about adding this new space to existing mount point.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Targ
9 Replies

8. Solaris

How much portion of RAM is allocated to Swap space?

How swap is getting 12GB as its size as per the below output: Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 7.9G 2.1G 5.7G 27% / /devices 0K 0K 0K 0% /devices ctfs 0K 0K 0K 0% /system/contract proc 0K 0K 0K 0% /proc mnttab 0K 0K 0K 0% /etc/mnttab swap 12G 1.2M 12G 1%... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramnagaraj
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the disk space allocated.

Hello, I need to find the total allocated disk space for the home directory. How can i find that in unix?(in GB). Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kailash19
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to sum up the space allocated to filesystems

Hi , I Would like to know the space allocated by adding up all the allocated space to group of filesystems .. example , df -h|grep /db | awk '{ print $4 }' ---> giving me all the used space on the filesystem but need to know the total used space by adding up all the values (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsankineni
3 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)