Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Capacity of directory... Pulling hair out :-) Post 302329371 by methyl on Friday 26th of June 2009 09:16:24 PM
Old 06-26-2009
The format of "df" varies across platforms. Please state you Operating System and preferred shell.
Ignoring unix quotas (rarely ever used).the maximum total size of the files in a
directory equates to the available free space in that mountpoint.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

i'm pulling my hair out getting a solaris 8 box to work as a caching name server

i've gone through the sun docs as well as a Solaris Network Admin book. while the book is fair, it lacks detail and i'm sure there are things it's missing on getting a caching only name server working. as for the sun docs... what it has is really miserable. i can't make anything out of it. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
4 Replies

2. AIX

How to increase capacity?

Hello everybody, is a very simple question how can I increase the capacity of a disk wich is on a DS4300?, I have done the procedure on the Storage Manager but the space is the same on the AIX (5.3) , what should I do to obtain the new ammount of disk space? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanSkull
16 Replies

3. AIX

capacity planning on aix

Hi All, What do you usually use for capacity planning on AIX? Any idea will do? Thanks in advance, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor capacity of directory

Good morning. I have been attempting to find a way to monitor the capacity of a directory so that when it reaches 80% or higher I can send an event. I was able to find a script that does this for the whole drive by I can not seem to figure out how to do this for just a single directory. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystems using more than 75% capacity

i need to write a shell script for printing the list of filesystems whose disk utilization is more than 75%...i tried using df -h along with awk but cud'nt make the combination work.....:wall: when we do df -h then the filesystems which are using more than 75% capacity shud be printed according to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtatic
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't Commit Directory... is this guy pulling my leg?

Hello, I hired a coder a couple weeks ago to develop 3 small modules for a popular CMS. I created Github repos for each module so as to manage the code and allow others to download it at will. The CMS in question is structured in such a way that each module is housed in its own... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fern
2 Replies

7. AIX

TSM capacity

Dears, The TSM storage that we have is already configured to backup some Application,directories & logs or let's say backup different path from 15 servers, I want to add more Items to be backuped by this storage, how to be confirmed if that possible or not? I mean how do we know the capacity of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
7 Replies

8. AIX

Directories getting 100% capacity

I am new to using AIX but ive ran into issues with 100% full and then rebooting and having a socket error repeating over and over. My question is, what can I do besides just monitoring to ensure I dont run into these issues? Scripts? anything? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terry.berger
3 Replies

9. AIX

FS capacity

can anyone tell me how to reduce Fs capacity by using echo zero. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkchand
3 Replies
FS_QUOTA(1)						       AFS Command Reference						       FS_QUOTA(1)

NAME
fs_quota - Displays the quota used in the volume containing a directory or file SYNOPSIS
fs quota [-path <dir/file path>+] [-help] fs q [-p <dir/file path>+] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs quota command displays the percent of quota consumed in the volume that contains each specified directory or file. To display more detailed information about the volume and the partition it resides on, use the fs examine and fs listquota commands. To set volume quota, use the fs setquota or fs setvol command. CAUTIONS
Currently, the maximum size of a volume is 2 terabytes (2^31 bytes). OPTIONS
-path <dir/file path> Names each file or directory for which to display the quota consumed in its parent volume. Partial pathnames are interpreted relative to the current working directory, which is also the default value if this argument is omitted. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The output reports the percent of volume quota used, in the following format: <percent>% of quota used. EXAMPLES
The following command lists the percent quota used of the volume housing the current working directory: % fs quota 17% of quota used. The following command lists the percent quota used of both the volume housing the current working directory's parent directory and the volume housing the directory /afs/abc.com/usr/smith: % fs quota -path .. /afs/abc.com/usr/smith 43% of quota used. 92% of quota used. PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "r" (read) permission on the ACL of the root directory of the volume that houses the file or directory named by the -path argument, and "l" (list) permission on the ACL of each directory that precedes it in the pathname. SEE ALSO
fs_examine(1), fs_listquota(1), fs_setquota(1), fs_setvol(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_QUOTA(1)