Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script Passing Parameters For Directory Listing Post 302329328 by wtolentino on Friday 26th of June 2009 04:28:28 PM
Old 06-26-2009
i tried that and it did not work.

Code:
$ ls -latr
total 112
drwxr-sr-x    3 ccalftdv ccalogrp        512 Sep 13 2006  dev
-rwxr-xr-x    1 ccalftdv ccalogrp       5586 Jun 08 15:55 cca_monthly_load_file.
ksh
-rwxr--r--    1 ccalftdv ccalogrp       5729 Jun 08 15:55 load_file.ksh
-rwxrwxrwx    1 ccalftdv ccalogrp         63 Jun 11 15:14 display_date.sh
-rwxr-xr-x    1 ccalftdv ccalogrp        680 Jun 25 08:50 cca_monthly_load_data.
ini
drwxr-sr-x    4 ccalftdv ccalogrp        512 Jun 25 08:50 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 ccalftdv ccalogrp        679 Jun 25 10:28 load_data.ini
-rw-r-----    1 ccalftdv ccalogrp       1281 Jun 26 10:10 dir_list_ccalloc_in.sh
-rw-r-----    1 ccalftdv ccalogrp       1281 Jun 26 10:36 dir_list_ccalloc_out.s
h
drwxr-sr-x    3 ccalftdv ccalogrp        512 Jun 26 15:02 .
-rw-r-----    1 ccalftdv ccalogrp        142 Jun 26 16:17 dir_list_eatv_out.sh

$ sh dir_list_eatv_out.sh
directory listing of /u02/app/eatv/dev/out

total 0
drwxrwxr-x    4 oracle   eatvgrp         256 Jun 19 09:41 ..
drwxrwxr-x    2 oracle   eatvgrp         256 Jun 24 08:00 .
$ sh dir_list_eatv_out.sh *.ini
directory listing of /u02/app/eatv/dev/out

ls: 0653-341 The file cca_monthly_load_data.ini does not exist.
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters from a shell script to sqlplus

Hi , I want to pass parameters from a shell script to a sql script and use the parameter in the sql query ..and then I want to spool a particular select query on to my unix box... for 4 different locations by writing only one sql script Right now no file is generated on the unix box...it is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
2 Replies

2. Programming

Passing Parameters and getting values back from a c program to Shell script

I am having a shell script which has to be called from a C program. I have to pass two parameters to this script. HOw can I do that? eg: int main() { char st1; char str2; // call a shell script call_sh(str1,str2) where call_sh is the name of the shell script. then i need to get the return... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing oracle parameters back to Shell

Hi All, Does anyone have any solutions for passing back multiple variables back to the SHELL from a call to an ORACLE procedure: eg #username='scott' #password='tiger' #database='orcl' username='ITGCD03D03' password='tC5epIew' database='ITGCD03D' sqlplus -s... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters to Shell script for GREP command

I am using grep to capture date from a file . Since i need to use the shell script for different dates ,is it possible to pass the date parameter to the shell script the Script is as below grep -E "08 Aug 2008|2008-08-08"* somefile.txt>test.txt The above script file greps the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sud.tech
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Script to loop over Directory and send Filesname as parameters

Hi there I'm new to UNIX scripting; I’m stuck with the following I have an Oracle SQL script that takes three parameters 1- File Name 2- File Path 3- File creation date Under UNIX I have a folder where files will be placed frequently and I need to upload those files to Oracle, what I need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: windjashi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

specified path name is too long passing parameters to awk via shell script

Hello, I have this shell script that runs awk code by passing in parameters however now it doesn't work anymore with the parameters and I don't know why. It removes duplicates from an input file based on a part of the last field and a key column. It removes the record with the older datetime... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Variable Parameters (C shell)

I am trying to execute a copy command via shell script. However, on occassion, 2 or more files need to copied. How do I code for the multiple arguments? Does it matter how the files are delimited? Example: I have a script to copy files from 1 dir to another called duplicate.csh In most... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CKT_newbie88
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters to the script

how can i make a script to run only when parameters are given, if parameters are not given it should through an error , saying "please enter a parameter" for ex: i want a find command to run only when the parameters are given (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: knip
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script passing parameters to sqlplus code

Hello All, I am interested in finding out a way to pass parameters that are entered at the prompt from HP unix and passed to SQLPlus code with a Shell Script. Is this possible? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: compprog11
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run sql query having a long listing of parameters

Hi, I have a query regarding execution of a sql query having long listing of parameters ..I need to execute this query inside a shell script. The scenario is like.... Suppose I have a file abc.txt that has the card numbers..it could be in thousands.. then I need to fire a query like ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
12 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)