Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to search then remove based on condition Post 302329325 by Katkota on Friday 26th of June 2009 03:59:52 PM
Old 06-26-2009
I still see "file_name" in the if statement.
I think i didn't explain it better,
What i'm looking for is to go through the directory tree, find any file under any subdirectory then run the tool on it, if the output include the word "DONE" then remove the file, if not, leave the file alone and go to the next file and do the same thing.

I hope that makes it more clear

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove some files on a condition..

Hi.. when I do a ls -lt, I get a listing of about 200 files.. These are trace files and some of it I might not need.. To be clear, say in a given week , I might not need files that have been traced between 11 and 11:30 am on a particular day. How can I delete based on this condition ? Thanks,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ST2000
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file based on condition

Hi Friends, Can any one help with this: I have a huge file with the format as A SAM 4637 B DEPT1 4758 MILAN A SMITH 46585 B DEPT2 5385 HARRYIS B SAMUL 63547 GEORGE B DANIEL 899 BOISE A FRES 736 74638 I have to read this file and write only the records that starts with "B" only ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

transpose based on condition

Hi, I have the oracle table coulns in an order like date, state1, state2....state9 and i need to prepare data from the script output for loading in to this table The script is #!/bin/ksh /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -F"-" '{print $2,$4}' /aemu/ErrorLogs/data/MissingCGIcount.txt |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines from XML based on condition

Hi, I need to remove some lines from an XML file is the value within a tag is empty. Imagine this scenario, <acd><acdID>2</acdID><logon></logon></acd> <acd><acdID></acdID><logon></logon></acd> <acd><acdID></acdID><logon></logon></acd> <acd><acdID></acdID><logon></logon></acd> I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition based concatenation.

Hello, I am looking for concatenating the lines based on conditions. Below are the contents of the file: Infile: ----- Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN GAC_DT. Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN (PRODTCD ,PLNTCD). Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN PLNTCD. Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN ACTVIND. Test2.RgnToTerrtryGPI COLUMN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indrajit_u
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search based on 1,2,4,5 columns and remove duplicates in the same file.

Hi, I am unable to search the duplicates in a file based on the 1st,2nd,4th,5th columns in a file and also remove the duplicates in the same file. Source filename: Filename.csv "1","ccc","information","5000","temp","concept","new" "1","ddd","information","6000","temp","concept","new"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comment based on a condition

I want to comment 2 lines based on a condition. If THEN occurs immediately after WHEN then i have to comment both the lunes For example : $cat file1.txt CASE WHEN THEN 1 WHEN c1= 'I' AND c2= '0' THEN 2 So in this example i want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition based on Timestamp (Date/Time based) from logfile (Epoch seconds)

Below is the sample logfile: Userids Date Time acb Checkout time: 2013-11-20 17:00 axy Checkout time: 2013-11-22 12:00 der Checkout time: 2013-11-17 17:00 xyz Checkout time: 2013-11-19 16:00 ddd Checkout time: 2013-11-21 16:00 aaa Checkout... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy down based on condition

Hello: I need to copy down some data from the previous record in to the next record based on the below conditions If position 41- 59 of the current record is same as the previous record and the value of position 62 is not equal to 1 then copy the previous records value for positions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techedipro
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line based on condition in awk

In the following tab-delimited input, I am checking $7 for the keyword intronic. If that keyword is found then $2 is split by the . in each line and if the string after the digits or the +/- is >10, then that line is deleted. This will always be the case for intronic. If $7 is exonic then nothing... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies
LNDIR(1)						      General Commands Manual							  LNDIR(1)

NAME
lndir - create a shadow directory of symbolic links to another directory tree SYNOPSIS
lndir [ -silent ] [ -ignorelinks ] [ -withrevinfo ] fromdir [ todir ] DESCRIPTION
The lndir program makes a shadow copy todir of a directory tree fromdir, except that the shadow is not populated with real files but instead with symbolic links pointing at the real files in the fromdir directory tree. This is usually useful for maintaining source code for different machine architectures. You create a shadow directory containing links to the real source, which you will have usually mounted from a remote machine. You can build in the shadow tree, and the object files will be in the shadow directory, while the source files in the shadow directory are just symlinks to the real files. This scheme has the advantage that if you update the source, you need not propagate the change to the other architectures by hand, since all source in all shadow directories are symlinks to the real thing: just cd to the shadow directory and recompile away. The todir argument is optional and defaults to the current directory. The fromdir argument may be relative (e.g., ../src) and is relative to todir (not the current directory). Note that RCS, SCCS, CVS and CVS.adm directories are shadowed only if the -withrevinfo flag is specified. If you add files, simply run lndir again. New files will be silently added. Old files will be checked that they have the correct link. Deleting files is a more painful problem; the symlinks will just point into never never land. If a file in fromdir is a symbolic link, lndir will make the same link in todir rather than making a link back to the (symbolic link) entry in fromdir. The -ignorelinks flag changes this behavior. OPTIONS
-silent Normally lndir outputs the name of each subdirectory as it descends into it. The -silent option suppresses these status messages. -ignorelinks Causes the program to not treat symbolic links in fromdir specially. The link created in todir will point back to the corresponding (symbolic link) file in fromdir. If the link is to a directory, this is almost certainly the wrong thing. This option exists mostly to emulate the behavior the C version of lndir had in X11R6. Its use is not recommended. -withrevinfo Causes any RCS, SCCS, CVS and CVS.adm subdirectories to be treated as any other directory, rather than ignored. DIAGNOSTICS
The program displays the name of each subdirectory it enters, followed by a colon. The -silent option suppresses these messages. A warning message is displayed if the symbolic link cannot be created. The usual problem is that a regular file of the same name already exists. If the link already exists but doesn't point to the correct file, the program prints the link name and the location where it does point. X Version 11 Release 6.6 LNDIR(1)