Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unable to import zfs pool
Operating Systems Solaris unable to import zfs pool Post 302329003 by cy1972 on Thursday 25th of June 2009 05:06:19 PM
Old 06-25-2009
zpool import -D should show any exported pools on the system and may be able to help show you what the state of the pool is in with devices. If not, then a fmdump -eV on the system may show what type of "device" the pool was, plus some other stuff about the pool.

e.g

pool = vault
pool_guid = 0x2bb202be54c462e
pool_context = 2
pool_failmode = wait
vdev_guid = 0xaa3f2fd35788620b
vdev_type = mirror
parent_guid = 0x2bb202be54c462e
parent_type = root
prev_state = 0x7
__ttl = 0x1
__tod = 0x4a27c183 0x9d8492d

Looks to me like the pool was just a stripe of two RAID5 devices on the EMC and you've lost at least one of devices, hence loss of the pool.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ZFS Pool Mix-up

Hi all I plan to install Solaris 10U6 on some SPARC server using ZFS as root pool, whereas I would like to keep the current setup done by VxVM: - 2 internal disks: c0t0d0 and c0t1d0 - bootable root-volume (mirrored, both disks) - 1 non-mirrored swap slice - 1 non-mirrored slices for Live... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blicki
1 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

zfs - migrate from pool to pool

Here are the details. cnjr-opennms>root$ zfs list NAME USED AVAIL REFER MOUNTPOINT openpool 20.6G 46.3G 35.5K /openpool openpool/ROOT 15.4G 46.3G 18K legacy openpool/ROOT/rds 15.4G 46.3G 15.3G / openpool/ROOT/rds/var 102M ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
3 Replies

3. Solaris

ZFS pool question

I created a pool the other day. I created a 10 gig files just for a test, then deleted it. I proceeded to create a few files systems. But for some reason the pool shows 10% full, but the files systems are both at 1%? Both files systems share the same pool. When I ls -al the pool I just... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
6 Replies

4. Solaris

zfs pool migration

I need to migrate an existing raidz pool to a new raidz pool with larger disks. I need the mount points and attributes to migrate as well. What is the best procedure to accomplish this. The current pool is 6x36GB disks 202GB capacity and I am migrating to 5x 72GB disks 340GB capacity. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jac
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Best way to rename a ZFS Pool?

Other than export/import, is there a cleaner way to rename a pool without unmounting de FS? Something like, say "zpool rename a b"? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
2 Replies

6. Solaris

ZFS - overfilled pool

installed Solaris 11 Express on my server machine a while ago. I created a Z2 RAID over five HDDs and created a few ZFS filesystems on it. Once I (unintentionally) managed to fill the pool completely with data and (to my surprise) the filesystems stopped working - I could not read/delete any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RychnD
3 Replies

7. BSD

Unable to create zfs zpool in FreeBSD 8.2: no such pool or dataset

I am trying to test simple zfs functionality on a FreeBSD 8.2 VM. When I try to run a 'zpool create' I receive the following error: # zpool create zfspool /dev/da0s1a cannot create 'zfspool': no such pool or dataset # zpool create zfspool /dev/da0 cannot create 'zfspool': no such pool or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Need to remove a disk from zfs pool

I accidently added a disk in different zpool instead of pool, where I want. root@prtdrd21:/# zpool status cvfdb2_app_pool pool: cvfdb2_app_pool state: ONLINE scan: none requested config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM cvfdb2_app_pool ONLINE 0 0 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Zfs send to compressed pool?

I have a newly created zpool, and I have set compression on, for the whole pool: # zfs set compression=on newPool Now I have zfs send | zfs receive lot of snapshots to my newPool, but the compression is gone. I was hoping that I would be able to send snapshots to the new pool (which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
0 Replies

10. Solaris

How to clear a removed single-disk pool from being listed by zpool import?

On an OmniOS server, I removed a single-disk pool I was using for testing. Now, when I run zpool import it will show it as FAULTED, since that single disk not available anymore. # zpool import pool: fido id: 7452075738474086658 state: FAULTED status: The pool was last... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyadarshan
11 Replies
vxmemstat(1M)															     vxmemstat(1M)

NAME
vxmemstat - display memory statistics for Veritas Volume Manager SYNOPSIS
vxmemstat [-e] [-i interval [-t count]] DESCRIPTION
The vxmemstat utility prints memory statistics information. This information can be system-wide, or it can be specific to a Veritas Volume Replicator object. OPTIONS
-e Prints extended memory statistics. -i interval Prints memory statistics every interval seconds. -t count Prints the local system time every count intervals. The time interval is specified using the -i interval option. OUTPUT FORMAT
The statistics are prefaced by a timestamp showing the current local time on the system. Statistics are printed as a one-line output record for each memory pool. The records are preceded by two header lines. The output line consists of blank-separated fields. All numeric fields are in units of kilobytes. The following fields are displayed on each line: Pool Name of the memory pool. Memory consumers allocate memory from different pools for different purposes. DG Name of the disk group in which the RVG is present. Min Size Minimum amount of memory always reserved for use by consumers of the pool. As consumers require more memory, additional memory is allocated to the pool for distribution to them. Max Size Maximum amount of memory that can be allocated to the pool. This is equal to the value assigned to the maximum pool size system tunable that corresponds to the pool. In Use Amount of memory (out of that allocated) currently being used by consumers of the memory pool. Allocated Amount of memory currently allocated to the memory pool. The amount of memory allocated to a pool ranges between the minimum and the maximum pool size. The amount of allocated memory increases as more memory is needed and decreases as it is relinquished. Max Used Maximum amount of memory used by consumers from this pool since system startup. This field is not shown if the -e option is specified. Max Pool Used Maximum amount of memory used by consumers from this pool at any time since the last reboot. The value shows the maximum usage even if usage by the pool has varied over this time period. This field is shown if the -e option is specified. Waiting Indicates if any I/O is waiting to allocate memory from this pool. This usually indicates that the corresponding tunable for the maximum size of this pool needs to be increased. This field is not shown if the -e option is specified. Waiters The number of requests that are waiting to allocate memory from this pool. This field is shown if the -e option is specified. EXIT CODES
The vxmemstat utility exits with a non-zero status if the attempted operation fails. A non-zero exit code is not a complete indicator of the problems encountered, but rather denotes the first condition that prevented further execution of the utility. See vxintro(1M) for a list of standard exit codes. EXAMPLES
To display statistics every 5 seconds and time stamp the output every alternate interval, use the command: vxmemstat -i 5 -t 2 SEE ALSO
vxintro(1M), vxstat(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxmemstat(1M)