Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to convert array into the string Post 302328972 by bdragon on Thursday 25th of June 2009 03:29:21 PM
Old 06-25-2009
If you just want to remove the spaces, send it the 'tr', and have it delete them.

echo "s t r i n g "| tr -d ' '

bd - I hope this helps.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Point and Array Convert Problem

In this statement,"A" of type "int",being converted to "pointer toarray of int".(cvtdiftypes) Please help me! #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int m,k; const int max =20; int A; //**************************************************** // Input Matrix ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert variable content to array

Hi All, I have a variable in a shell script which holds let say n paarmeteres with space separate them : $var = par1 par2 par3 par4 parn; so if I print this variable this is what I'll see: par1 par2 par3 par4 parn I need to insert each parameter to an array , so I can go over on each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alalush
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert array data to excel format

I need your help in changing the script I have data has below text file :> cat my_emp Employee array(0) Name : Albert No : 1234 Address: stationstraat City: Utrecht Employee array (1) Name : Kouwen No : 1256 Address: stationstraat City: Amsterdam Employee array (2) Name : Peter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with convert string

Hi. I will be very appreciated for help. I need replace all characters into string with \ (backslash) I mean if I have word abcdefg as input. How I can convert it to \a\b\c\d\e\f\g Thanks and best regards. Staas. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beckss
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : Read an array and write to another array with intial string pattern checks

I have an array and two variables as below, I need to check if $datevar is present in $filename. If so, i need to replace $filename with the values in the array. I need the output inside an ARRAY How can this be done. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

passing letters from an array into a string for string comparison

attempting the hangman program. This was an optional assignment from the professor. I have completed the logical coding, debugging now. ##I have an array $wordString that initializes to a string of dashes ##reflecting the number of letters in $theWord ##every time the user enters a (valid)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lotsofideas
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert values in an array using a loop

I have a headerless array of 1000 columns x 100000 rows. The array only contains 4 values; 0/0, 0/1, 1/1, ./. Here I am showing the 1st 3 rows and columns of the input array 0/0 0/0 1/1 0/1 0/1 0/1 0/0 ./. 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 I would like to convert the values in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geneanalyst
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk Associative Array and/or Referring to Field by String (Nonconstant String Value)

I will start with an example of what I'm trying to do and then describe how I am approaching the issue. File PS028,005 Lexeme HRS # M # PhraseType 1(1:1) 7(7) PhraseLab 501 503 ClauseType ZYq0 PS028,005 Lexeme W # L> # BNH # M #... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert String to an Array using shell scripting in JSON file.

This is the sample json I have pasted here. I want all the IP address strings to be converted into an array. For example "10.38.32.202" has to be converted to everywhere in the JSON. There are multiple IPs in a JSON I am pasting one sample object from the JSON. But the IPs already in an Array... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinshas1
11 Replies
asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)					   User Commands					asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-delete-domain, delete-domain - deletes the givendomain SYNOPSIS
delete-domain [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--domaindir install_dir/domains] domain_name delete-domain deletes the specified domain. The domain must already exist and must be stopped. This command is supported in local mode only. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domain is to be deleted. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not speci- fied, the domain in the default install_dir/domains directory is deleted. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. OPERANDS
domain_name name of the domain. Must be a unique name. Example 1: Using delete-domain asadmin> delete-domain sampleDomain deleted domain sampleDomain successfully Where: the sampleDomain domain is deleted. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-list-domains(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)