Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending one email for every row as per sql result Post 302328934 by s1a2m3 on Thursday 25th of June 2009 01:25:25 PM
Old 06-25-2009
Sending one email for every row as per sql result

I want to send email for every row comes out of following SQL statement
thank you for your help.

*****SQL STATEMENT******
Select SCUSER AS "USER IDS" , SCEUSER AS "LOCKED OUT" FROM SYS.7333.F98OWSEC;

*******OUPUT COMES LIKE THIS AND ONE EMAIL COMES AS PER SCRIPT BELOW******

******BUT MY REQUIREMENT IS A SEPRATE EMAIL FOR EVERY LOCKED ID/ROW****

Jun 25 2009 06:00:02
"Following System User Ids Locked Out"
User Id
----------
LJOHNSTON
CTONOLETE
MEDWARDS
MLOVELESS
SALTOSJ

****EMAIL SCRIPT*********
#!/bin/sh
. /home/oracle/.cron_profile
#
export LOGDIR=/home/oracle/log
cd /home/oracle
#
sqlplus /nolog @/home/oracle/Daily_lockedout.sql
#
cat $LOGDIR/Daily_lockedout.log >>$LOGDIR/Daily_lockedout.all.log

uuencode /home/oracle/log/Daily_lockedout.log Daily_lockedout.log |mail -s "Daily_lockedout.log" jxx@TGT.com;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to retrieve sql result to unix....

Hi, i would like to retrieve seql result and write it into unix text file like "result.txt" In unix, normally, I type "sql" and get into sql,then type "select....." to run and get the result....then copy and paste into result.txt any possible way to write a script to run it automatically?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting the sql select result

Hi, I have about 12 columns and 15 rows to be retrived from sybase isql command through unix. But when i output the sql into a file and see it, the formatting is going for a toss. can someone please suggest how can i get the result correctly in the output file ? Thanks, Sateesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grabbing result of sql command

Hi guys, Is there a way a script can run an SQL statement and dump the results into a variable which can then be used later in the script? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hern14
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending/append result from CSH script to xls file

Hi, 1st post... Done a quick search for this so apologies if I've missed it. Basically I want to output and and append several values generated by a csh script direct to an xls openoffice file, rather than send to txt file and then physically copy and paste to xls file. Already I send... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottyjock
4 Replies

5. Programming

Send email for each row in a result set

I have SQL giving me output of disabled ids in the system every day. I can send on email for this disabled user list. But I want to send one email for every disabled user or for every row. thank you for your help. Kyle (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1a2m3
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to format sql result as amount - ksh

I am currently returning an sql result with a number value that I want to format as an amount. The sql runs smoothly on its own, but when run inside my ksh script an error is encountered: ERROR at line 3: ORA-01481: invalid number format model My sql is -- select distinct ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avillanueva
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assign SQL result in shell variable

Hi im trying to assign the result of the db2 command to a variable inside a shell script... : tab_cnt=`db2 "select count(*) from syscat.tables where tabname = 'ABC' and tabschema = 'MATT01'" |head -4|tail +4|cut -c 11` : echo $tab_cnt when i echo im getting a blank value.. im expecting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matt01
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using top command to email if process is exceeding 25% and sending an email alert if so

This is my first time writing a script and Im having some trouble, Im trying to use the top command to monitor processes and the amount of CPU usage they require, my aim is to get an email if a process takes over a certain percentage of CPU usage I tried grep Obviosly that hasnt worked, Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay02
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get SQL query result to file in putty

How to Get SQL query result to file in putty? I have one SQL query and I want that query output to be redirected to the file. uname -a SunOS XXX 5.8 Generic_117350-58 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R Please suggest. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pamu
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending sql output to email body with conditional subject line

hi , i have written below piece of code to meet the requirement but i am stuck in the logic here. the requirement are: 1) to send the sql out put to email body with proper formatting. 2) if count_matching = Yes then mail should triggered with the subject line ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: itzkashi
10 Replies
SQL::Translator::Producer::SQLServer(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		 SQL::Translator::Producer::SQLServer(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Producer::SQLServer - MS SQLServer producer for SQL::Translator SYNOPSIS
use SQL::Translator; my $t = SQL::Translator->new( parser => '...', producer => 'SQLServer' ); $t->translate; DESCRIPTION
This is currently a thin wrapper around the nextgen SQL::Translator::Generator::DDL::SQLServer DDL maker. Extra Attributes field.list List of values for an enum field. TODO
* !! Write some tests !! * Reserved words list needs updating to SQLServer. * Triggers, Procedures and Views DO NOT WORK # Text of view is already a 'create view' statement so no need to # be fancy foreach ( $schema->get_views ) { my $name = $_->name(); $output .= " "; $output .= "-- -- View: $name -- " unless $no_comments; my $text = $_->sql(); $text =~ s/ //g; $output .= "$text GO "; } # Text of procedure already has the 'create procedure' stuff # so there is no need to do anything fancy. However, we should # think about doing fancy stuff with granting permissions and # so on. foreach ( $schema->get_procedures ) { my $name = $_->name(); $output .= " "; $output .= "-- -- Procedure: $name -- " unless $no_comments; my $text = $_->sql(); $text =~ s/ //g; $output .= "$text GO "; } SEE ALSO
SQL::Translator AUTHORS
See the included AUTHORS file: http://search.cpan.org/dist/SQL-Translator/AUTHORS <http://search.cpan.org/dist/SQL-Translator/AUTHORS> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2012 the SQL::Translator "AUTHORS" as listed above. LICENSE
This code is free software and may be distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-10 SQL::Translator::Producer::SQLServer(3pm)