Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Socket Programming Send File
Top Forums Programming Socket Programming Send File Post 302328841 by mgessner on Thursday 25th of June 2009 09:57:36 AM
Old 06-25-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pludi
sizeof() is a compile-time instruction
I'm nit-picking, but it isn't always the case that sizeof is compile-time.

C99 allows sizeof to be runtime for VLA's.

---------- Post updated at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:56 AM ----------

To the OP: it would be a good idea to check the return values from all the socket and i/o functions you're using... you're flying blind, not knowing what is happening.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Socket programming

Suppose i am writing a C program which is going to use Socket calls. I want to use a Unix port for my Socket. How can i determine a port which is not already in use? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nadeem Mistry
1 Replies

2. Programming

Socket Programming socket

Hello, I actually try to make client-server program. I'm using SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.0 and when I try to compile my code (by TELNET) I've got this error : I'm just using this simple code : and I get the same error if I use : If someone can help me, Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soshell
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

socket programming

Hello Everyone Iam working on tcp/ip programming.with some time interval server has to send data.client has to close the connection and to open the connection between the time interval.this is the scenario when iam closing the connection in client side the connection terminates.how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshvaikuntam
1 Replies

4. Programming

help regarding socket programming

i m using sockets for setting up a connection between a server and a client. When the clients gets connected to the server, its ip is conveyed to the server through one of the predefined structures in c library... i save this ip address in an array....1st client's ip address goes to the zeroth... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abmxla007
1 Replies

5. Programming

Store file into a buffer to send it through a socket

Hello, I'm doing a very simple program which reads a file and sends whatever is in the file through a socket. Like the program "file2cable". Let's say i have a file containing the following, which is a hex dump of an ARP request frame: ff ff ff ff ff ff 00 1b 24 79 5a 73 08 06 00 01 08... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

socket programming

can we send udp message to a destination ip address .. without having an ip address configured in our machine using recvfrom ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
2 Replies

7. Programming

Help with socket programming in C

hi guys i got this code trying to make connection between the server and multi clients but when i do ./server i got message server waiting then when i run ./client it says client 1 nosuch file i dont know whats that should i use any argument plz help how to compile and run and whats the expected... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kedah160
1 Replies

8. Programming

Socket programming

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm working on new project for last few days and this forum already helped me on couple of occasions. I don't have any prior experience with network programming so I'll appreciate any advise given. I'm trying to do the following: 1. open user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: _thomas
2 Replies

9. AIX

Sample C program to Send/Recieve a file using Socket

Hi All, I urgently need a Sample C program to Send/Recieve a file using Socket. Thanks Sara (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saraperu
1 Replies

10. Programming

Socket Programming file sending

Hello everyone,, I am doing one socket programming.Is it possible to send one file from client to server without using buffer??.I am sending tar files. Thanks in Advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrew.paul
9 Replies
OD(1)                                                              User Commands                                                             OD(1)

NAME
od - dump files in octal and other formats SYNOPSIS
od [OPTION]... [FILE]... od [-abcdfilosx]... [FILE] [[+]OFFSET[.][b]] od --traditional [OPTION]... [FILE] [[+]OFFSET[.][b] [+][LABEL][.][b]] DESCRIPTION
Write an unambiguous representation, octal bytes by default, of FILE to standard output. With more than one FILE argument, concatenate them in the listed order to form the input. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. If first and second call formats both apply, the second format is assumed if the last operand begins with + or (if there are 2 operands) a digit. An OFFSET operand means -j OFFSET. LABEL is the pseudo-address at first byte printed, incremented when dump is progressing. For OFFSET and LABEL, a 0x or 0X prefix indicates hexadecimal; suffixes may be . for octal and b for multiply by 512. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -A, --address-radix=RADIX output format for file offsets; RADIX is one of [doxn], for Decimal, Octal, Hex or None --endian={big|little} swap input bytes according the specified order -j, --skip-bytes=BYTES skip BYTES input bytes first -N, --read-bytes=BYTES limit dump to BYTES input bytes -S BYTES, --strings[=BYTES] output strings of at least BYTES graphic chars; 3 is implied when BYTES is not specified -t, --format=TYPE select output format or formats -v, --output-duplicates do not use * to mark line suppression -w[BYTES], --width[=BYTES] output BYTES bytes per output line; 32 is implied when BYTES is not specified --traditional accept arguments in third form above --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit Traditional format specifications may be intermixed; they accumulate: -a same as -t a, select named characters, ignoring high-order bit -b same as -t o1, select octal bytes -c same as -t c, select printable characters or backslash escapes -d same as -t u2, select unsigned decimal 2-byte units -f same as -t fF, select floats -i same as -t dI, select decimal ints -l same as -t dL, select decimal longs -o same as -t o2, select octal 2-byte units -s same as -t d2, select decimal 2-byte units -x same as -t x2, select hexadecimal 2-byte units TYPE is made up of one or more of these specifications: a named character, ignoring high-order bit c printable character or backslash escape d[SIZE] signed decimal, SIZE bytes per integer f[SIZE] floating point, SIZE bytes per float o[SIZE] octal, SIZE bytes per integer u[SIZE] unsigned decimal, SIZE bytes per integer x[SIZE] hexadecimal, SIZE bytes per integer SIZE is a number. For TYPE in [doux], SIZE may also be C for sizeof(char), S for sizeof(short), I for sizeof(int) or L for sizeof(long). If TYPE is f, SIZE may also be F for sizeof(float), D for sizeof(double) or L for sizeof(long double). Adding a z suffix to any type displays printable characters at the end of each output line. BYTES is hex with 0x or 0X prefix, and may have a multiplier suffix: b 512 KB 1000 K 1024 MB 1000*1000 M 1024*1024 and so on for G, T, P, E, Z, Y. EXAMPLES
od -A x -t x1z -v Display hexdump format output od -A o -t oS -w16 The default output format used by od AUTHOR
Written by Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report od translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/od> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) od invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 OD(1)