Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users what is wrong with this find command Post 302328803 by methyl on Thursday 25th of June 2009 08:21:10 AM
Old 06-25-2009
It's finding the directory file.
Confine the search to files only.

Code:
find /lola/loaded -type f -size +10240 -mtime -10 -print | xargs ls -ltr

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

what i do wrong, find grep rm, help me plz

hello. i need find folders only with name 2006 and delete. find /path/to/dir/-07/ -type d | grep 2006 | -exec rm -rf {} \; and etc doesnt work :\ what i do wrong :? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djdes22
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats wrong with this find statement ?

cmd="find /a/technologies -name '*.jar' | grep \"Tuning/specificloader/lib\"" echo $cmd for index in `$cmd` do SL_JARS="${SL_JARS}:${index}" done gives error ==> find: paths must precede expression Usage: find but for index in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong output in find command

Hi guys - I am trying a small script to tell me if there is a file that exists less than 1k. It should report ERROR, otherwise the check is good. I wrote this script down, however it never runs in the if/then statement. It always returns the echo ERROR. MYSIZE=$(find /home/student/dir1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check my script and correct the find command if wrong

Hello All, Here I am trying to find all the directories whose name starts with EFS or HOTFIX like in below example and below is my code but I don’t know why this is not working correctly. drwxr-xr-x 3 qabuild denccefs 4096 Sep 23 21:36 EFS110929A_SOURCE/ -rwxrwxr-x 1 qabuild... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with the following command?

Hi all, I'm trying to run the following command to get all files in one directory to another with the files' timestamps preserved, cp -p /logs/dvgbiau/batch/* /logs/dvgbiau/tmp_batch Note that ./batch and ./tmp_batch are two sub-directories under /logs/dvgbiau. The error was,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

what's wrong with my -exec in find

find ./ -name *Kconfig -exec cat {} \; but it won't work with find ./ -name *Kconfig -exec cat {} |grep CONFIG_MTD |grep depend \; how could I handle this (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

what's wrong with my regex using find

#ls json-* json-lexer.c json-lexer.h json-parser.c json-parser.h json-streamer.c json-streamer.h #find . -regex '^(json-)+.' return nothing (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl find & replace - what am I doing wrong?

Hi! I have a directory full of .plist type files from which I need to delete a line. Not every file contains the line, but of course I'd like to do it recursively. The line which I want to delete is: <string>com.apple.PhotoBooth</string> and looks like this in its native habitat: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudon't
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find the wrong filename in a path and raise a trap for it

Example: I have server name A with an IP : 125.252.235.455 I have an username /password to login into this server under SSH connection In this server i have a path /apps/user/filename(Big.txt) Everyday we used to get the filename as Big.txt. I want a shell script to monitor this path... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChandruBala73
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with 'find . -maxdepth 1 -ctime -7 -type f'?

Have you tried running the command below? On the same RHEl 6.8 or 6.6. It will give you different output. find . -maxdepth 1 -ctime -7 -type f rpm -qa|grep find findutils-4.4.2-9.el6.x86_64 # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.8 (Santiago) # (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
6 Replies
Tree::Simple::Visitor::FindByNodeValue(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	       Tree::Simple::Visitor::FindByNodeValue(3pm)

NAME
Tree::Simple::Visitor::FindByNodeValue - A Visitor for finding an element in a Tree::Simple hierarchy by node value SYNOPSIS
use Tree::Simple::Visitor::FindByNodeValue; # create a visitor object my $visitor = Tree::Simple::Visitor::FindByNodeValue->new(); # set the search path for our tree $visitor->searchForNodeValue("My Tree Node"); # pass the visitor to a tree $tree->accept($visitor); # fetch the result, which will # be the Tree::Simple object that # we have found, or undefined my $result = $visitor->getResult() || die "No Tree found"; DESCRIPTION
Given a node value and Tree::Simple hierarchy, this Visitor will attempt to find the node with the same node value. METHODS
new There are no arguments to the constructor the object will be in its default state. You can use the "setNodeFilter", "setTraversalMethod", "includeTrunk" and "searchForNodeValue" methods to customize its behavior. includeTrunk ($boolean) Based upon the value of $boolean, this will tell the visitor to include the trunk of the tree in the search as well. setTraversalMethod ($visitor) By default we will use Tree::Simple's built in depth-first (pre-order) traverse method. If however, you desire the tree to be search in a different ordering, this can be accomplished using a different traversal method, you can supply a $visitor object implementing that traversal type to this method (See Tree::Simple::Visitor::BreadthFirstTraversal, Tree::Simple::Visitor::PreOrderTraversal and Tree::Simple::Visitor::PostOrderTraversal). searchForNodeValue ($node_value) This is the node value we will attempt to find within the tree. setNodeFilter ($filter_function) This method accepts a CODE reference as its $filter_function argument and throws an exception if it is not a code reference. This code reference is used to further check the tree nodes as they are searched and so can be used to customize search behavior. For instance, you could to check against the node value as well as some other criteria. The filter function should accept a single argument, which is the current Tree::Simple object and return either true(1) on success, or false(0) on failure. visit ($tree) This is the method that is used by Tree::Simple's "accept" method. It can also be used on its own, it requires the $tree argument to be a Tree::Simple object (or derived from a Tree::Simple object), and will throw and exception otherwise. getResult This method will return the tree found with the specified node value (set by the "searchForNodeValue" method) or "undef" if no tree is found. BUGS
None that I am aware of. Of course, if you find a bug, let me know, and I will be sure to fix it. CODE COVERAGE
See the CODE COVERAGE section in Tree::Simple::VisitorFactory for more inforamtion. SEE ALSO
These Visitor classes are all subclasses of Tree::Simple::Visitor, which can be found in the Tree::Simple module, you should refer to that module for more information. AUTHOR
stevan little, <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004, 2005 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2005-07-14 Tree::Simple::Visitor::FindByNodeValue(3pm)