Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help, awk sed sort
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help, awk sed sort Post 302328731 by mycoy on Thursday 25th of June 2009 05:53:22 AM
Old 06-25-2009
Help, awk sed sort

Hi,everyone:
I'm new to shell, and now get trouble with some script:
Code:
line=`/usr/xpg4/bin/awk '/^([^\|]*\|){2}'"$CR"'/ {print $0}' ${TIER4FILE}|grep -v 

OSNAME=`sed -n ''$LINE'p' $DATALOC/os`

sort +1 /tmp/LhasaCRs2 > /tmp/LhasaCRs1

I cannot understand the "{2}" here. My mentor said it meant the second domain, but I tried and I don't think so.

In the second line, I cannot figure out the exact meaning of the script.

In the last line, I searched that "+" is the domain number, but I cannot run "sort" with "+" on my system like that.
Could anybody help? Thanks a lot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use sed to sort out this question

root:x:0:0:0000-Admin(0000):/:/sbin/sh rootcsh:x:0:1:0000-Admin(0000):/:/bin/csh nocol:x:6312:630:NOCOL Monitor,,,:/usr/local/lib/nocol-client:/usr/local/bin/bash nobody:x:60001:60001:uid no body:/:/usr/local/bin/bash noaccess:x:60002:60002:uid no access:/:/usr/local/bin/bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonicstage
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed with sort doesnt work

Sed with sort doesnt work The below code doesnt work: sed -e '/^$/d' -e 's/,/|/g' | sort -t"|" -k1,1 -u file1 when i seperate them it work but i have to create intermediate file which i dont want to: sed -e '/^$/d' -e 's/,/|/g' file1 > file2 sort -t"|" -k1,1 -u file2 Help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 problems... sed and sort

Hi everyone! I have a file like that: And I would it like that: I don't know how to keep the first field and sort the second one. I have a second question with sed... to put the variable $VAR at the beginning of the file... But I have an output like this: snork... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort with Awk, sed ....

I want to print out the lines that have the max value in column 3. and count the occurrence of column 1; if there are more than one occurrences, line with highest column 2 value will be printed. I have this data: input: AV 234 25 AV 256 76 AS 421 34 AV 124 76 BD 136 71 BD 241 76 AW... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a combination of sort/cut/grep/awk/join/paste/sed

I have a file and need to only select users that have a shell of “/bin/bash” in the line using awk or sed please help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyboy1212
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate chars and sort string [SED]

Hi, INPUT: DCBADD OUTPUT: ABCD The SED script should alphabetically sort the chars in the string and remove the duplicate chars. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jds93
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sort

input file abc1 abc23 abc12 abc15 output abc1 abc12 abc15 abc23 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to sort a file using awk & sed to get required output

Hi All, Need Suggestion, Want to sort a file using awk & sed to get required, output as below, such that each LUN shows correct WWPN and FA port Numbers correctly: Required output: 01FB 10000000c97843a2 8C 0 01FB 10000000c96fb279 9C 0 22AF 10000000c97843a2 8C 0 22AF 10000000c975adbd ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed --> sort data by date

Hi, i "tried" to sort data by date. So far, i used sed to take the data from the last and the actual month. Now, after changing the year it is not working properly. i use: GNU bash, version 4.2.45(1)-release (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu) sed -n '/\//p' $Home/../scripte/pd_0.txt y is a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Wget, grep, sort, sed in 1 command/script

Hi, I need to join these statements for efficiency, and without having to make a new directory for each batch. I'm annotating commands below. wget -q -r -l1 URL ^^ can't use -O - here and pipe | to grep because of -r grep -hrio "\b\+@\+\.\{2,4\}\+\b" * > first.txt ^^ Need to grep the output... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: p1ne
14 Replies
pkgproto(1)							   User Commands						       pkgproto(1)

NAME
pkgproto - generate prototype file entries for input to pkgmk command SYNOPSIS
pkgproto [-i] [-c class] [path1] pkgproto [-i] [-c class] [path1=path2...] DESCRIPTION
pkgproto scans the indicated paths and generates prototype(4) file entries that may be used as input to the pkgmk(1) command. If no paths are specified on the command line, standard input is assumed to be a list of paths. If the pathname listed on the command line is a directory, the contents of the directory is searched. However, if input is read from stdin, a directory specified as a pathname will not be searched. OPTIONS
-i Ignores symbolic links and records the paths as ftype=f (a file) versus ftype=s (symbolic link). -c class Maps the class of all paths to class. OPERANDS
path1 Pathname where objects are located. path2 Pathname which should be substituted on output for path1. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Examples of the use of pkgproto.1. The following two examples show uses of pkgproto and a partial listing of the output produced. Example 1: example% pkgproto /bin=bin /usr/bin=usrbin /etc=etc f none bin/sed=/bin/sed 0775 bin bin f none bin/sh=/bin/sh 0755 bin daemon f none bin/sort=/bin/sort 0755 bin bin f none usrbin/sdb=/usr/bin/sdb 0775 bin bin f none usrbin/shl=/usr/bin/shl 4755 bin bin d none etc/master.d 0755 root daemon f none etc/master.d/kernel=/etc/master.d/kernel 0644 root daemon f none etc/rc=/etc/rc 0744 root daemon Example 2: example% find / -type d -print | pkgproto d none / 755 root root d none /bin 755 bin bin d none /usr 755 root root d none /usr/bin 775 bin bin d none /etc 755 root root d none /tmp 777 root root EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkgmk(1), pkgparam(1), pkgtrans(1), prototype(4), attributes(5) Application Packaging Developer's Guide NOTES
By default, pkgproto creates symbolic link entries for any symbolic link encountered (ftype=s). When you use the -i option, pkgproto cre- ates a file entry for symbolic links (ftype=f). The prototype(4) file would have to be edited to assign such file types as v (volatile), e (editable), or x (exclusive directory). pkgproto detects linked files. If multiple files are linked together, the first path encountered is considered the source of the link. By default, pkgproto prints prototype entries on the standard output. However, the output should be saved in a file (named Prototype or prototype, for convenience) to be used as input to the pkgmk(1) command. SunOS 5.10 6 Nov 2000 pkgproto(1)