Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Postfix in Mac OS X 10.5 not working Post 302328698 by itux on Thursday 25th of June 2009 04:40:39 AM
Old 06-25-2009
Bug

First of all you need a real dns name ( not a localhost ), because google com not provide a mail service delivery for localhost or some else domain without normally name, such as mymailserver.com, mail.myserver.com with MX DNS record.

Next, you need check your ip in consist of spammer black list (PBL, XBL). This can check on spamhaus resource.

And the last, You need reconfigure your server for sending and delivery mail.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

postfix - reinject mail to postfix from hold queue directory

hi all. Am using smtpd_recipient_restrictions & check_recipient_access in postfix. The hash file looks like this: emailaddress1 HOLD emailaddress2 HOLD The aim is to place email from these recipients in the hold directory,check them then reinject them back in postfix on some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help with Postfix config issue - How to allow remote Exchange server to relay to my postfix

Hi guys One of our clients have a problem with sending email to a certain domain. No matter what we try, the mails just dont get delivered. What I did then, is created a new connector on their Exchange server, pointing all mail sent to their client at "domain1" to relay to our Postfix mail... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone no longer working for mac OS X 10.6??!? HELP!!!!

My roommate forgot his admin password on his MacBook air.. He doesn't have the external SuperDrive, so we have no way of using the simple method of using the install disks and resetting the password.. The worst part is, he did this same thing about a year ago lol At the time, we booted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PhiGam
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

Postfix working with Ldap

Hi everybody, I am working on mail server(postfix+dovecot+amavisd-new) working with ldap directory. I have an error while attempting to send a mail on my own mail address in the domain: Jul 28 12:04:14 HA1UB postfix/smtpd: warning: dict_ldap_lookup: /etc/postfix/ldap-aliases.cf: Search base... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beloge2002
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI Shell Script Mac OS X - Working Directory

Hi. I'm pretty new to shell scripting. All I want to do is have a simple shell script that opens a python script from the GUI i.e. when I double click the shell script it will launch the python file. However when I try to do this it looks for the python file in my home directory, I have tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whatg
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Postfix: Active Directory and postfix alias

I have a mailserver with postfix i want to alias all mail for administrator@domain.fqdn to root@domain.fqdn I have the aliases configured,and i did newliases but doesn't work. How to did this?Postfix is configured for virtual domain on ad server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat command not working to display Mac file in Ubuntu

Hi, Recently I got a .txt file from Mac user. when I try to open it in my Ubuntu machine using cat command it is not displaying any content of file however I can see the content using vi. Anyone know How to see its content using cat as I have to process it in my shell script. Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep not working on mac

Hi all, I got a new mac and can't get grep, awk etc to work. I tried the following command: grep DICER test.txt output: AGOER text.txt looks like this: DICER DICER AGOWhat is wrong? Please use code tags (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palgrave
23 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies
Postfix::Parse::Mailq(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Postfix::Parse::Mailq(3pm)

NAME
Postfix::Parse::Mailq - parse the output of the postfix mailq command VERSION
version 1.001 SYNOPSIS
use Postfix::Parse::Mailq; my $mailq_output = `mailq`; my $entries = Postfix::Parse::Mailq->read_string($mailq_output); my $bytes = 0; for my $entry (@$entries) { next unless grep { /@aol.com$/ } @{ $entry->{remaining_rcpts} }; $bytes += $entry->{size}; } print "$bytes bytes remain to send to AOL destinations "; WARNING
This code is really rough and the interface will change. Entries will be objects. There will be some more methods. Still, the basics are likely to keep working, or keep pretty close to what you see here now. METHODS
read_file read_handle read_string my $entries = Postfix::Parse::Mailq->read_string($string, \%arg); This methods read the output of postfix's mailq from a file (by name), a filehandle, or a string, respectively. They return an arrayref of hashrefs, each hashref representing one entry in the queue as reported by mailq. Valid arguments are: spool - a hashref of { queue_id -> spool_name } pairs if given, this will be used to attempt to indicate in which spool messages currently are; it is not entirely reliable (race!) parse_block my $entry = Mailq->parse_block(@lines); Given all the lines in a single entry's block of lines in mailq output, this returns data about the entry. AUTHOR
Ricardo SIGNES <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2008 by Ricardo SIGNES. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2008-10-23 Postfix::Parse::Mailq(3pm)