Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to render solid borders in NCURSES windows Post 302328654 by ku@ntum on Thursday 25th of June 2009 01:34:50 AM
Old 06-25-2009
Yes, I tried the /usr/sbin/authconfig-tui, and it did give me the solid border UI, that I failed to achieve throu ncurses. Kindly state what should I do to get solid borders in my application windows.

Thanks
Kashif

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

batch render

I'm interested in getting unix in my pc, can someone tell me where and how can I get it. I'm a complete virgin about unix, I work in 3d animation and i need unix to make batch rendering work in Maya. Another question is: how do I know what hardware is compatible with unix and do I need any drivers... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vitor
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tables and borders

when i do this: cat HITS i get the following displayed: sport.hits:87.114.172.31 Thu Sep 28 22:45:12 GMT 2006 how do i put this information into a bordered table? so it will output like this: ...........File /... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatuer_lee_3
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in sending file content with colors and borders

HI i am running a shell script in cron and storing the output of that script in a file say test.then i am copying the content of test to test1 and i will send the output of test to some email ids using mutt. Next time when the script executes i am comparing the contents of test and test1 and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

On ResearchGate: Researchers render cyberspace like a 3D video game ... by Katherine Lindemann

FYI. On ResearchGate: Researchers render cyberspace like a 3D video game to make identifying threats easier 24th July 2017 by Katherine Lindemann Cybersecurity analysts may soon be able to travel through cyberspace like outer space and see attacks with the naked eye. On ResearchGate:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
XREFRESH(1)						      General Commands Manual						       XREFRESH(1)

NAME
xrefresh - refresh all or part of an X screen SYNOPSIS
xrefresh [-option ...] DESCRIPTION
Xrefresh is a simple X program that causes all or part of your screen to be repainted. This is useful when system messages have messed up your screen. Xrefresh maps a window on top of the desired area of the screen and then immediately unmaps it, causing refresh events to be sent to all applications. By default, a window with no background is used, causing all applications to repaint ``smoothly.'' However, the various options can be used to indicate that a solid background (of any color) or the root window background should be used instead. ARGUMENTS
-white Use a white background. The screen just appears to flash quickly, and then repaint. -black Use a black background (in effect, turning off all of the electron guns to the tube). This can be somewhat disorienting as everything goes black for a moment. -solid color Use a solid background of the specified color. Try green. -root Use the root window background. -none This is the default. All of the windows simply repaint. -geometry WxH+X+Y Specifies the portion of the screen to be repainted; see X(7). -display display This argument allows you to specify the server and screen to refresh; see X(7). X DEFAULTS
The xrefresh program uses the routine XGetDefault(3) to read defaults, so its resource names are all capitalized. Black, White, Solid, None, Root Determines what sort of window background to use. Geometry Determines the area to refresh. Not very useful. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY - To get default host and display number. SEE ALSO
X(7) BUGS
It should have just one default type for the background. AUTHORS
Jim Gettys, Digital Equipment Corp., MIT Project Athena X Version 11 xrefresh 1.0.4 XREFRESH(1)