Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Server unexpectedly closed network connection error in passwordless in ssh through Post 302328647 by incredible on Thursday 25th of June 2009 12:56:33 AM
Old 06-25-2009
I think you have to go in using a password connection, then you su - <userid>, that goes w/o password.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed

Hi Everyone, Good day. Scenario: 2 unix servers -- A (SunOS) and B (AIX) I have an ftp script to sftp 30 files from A to B which happen almost instantaneously i.e 30 sftp's happen at the same time. Some of these sftp's fail with the following error: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Enable SSH for root over certain network connection of a server...is it possible?

Hi - I have a SUSE Enterprise Linux Server V9 that I have an issue with. Policy says that root connectivity via ssh needs to be disabled. So, to do that, I made the following change in the sshd_config section: # Authentication: #LoginGraceTime 2m #PermitRootLogin yes PermitRootLogin no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Unable to SSH into machine - ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

For a few days now I have been experiencing issues when trying to SSH into 1 of my machine. I get the following output when running 'ssh -vvv': server1:/home/mymadq> ssh -l root -vvv server2 OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003 debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaapar
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with rsync - connection unexpectedly closed

Hi i am running a rsync between two remote servers but it errors. The rsync command is a follows rsync -aWv -e rsh --stats progress --delete --ignore-errors --exclude .DS_Store --exclude .HSancillary --exclude .HSxmap --exclude .HSResource /raid1/PRODUCTION/ ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
0 Replies

5. AIX

ssh connection closed by ip

Hi i am trying to do ssh without password between 2 aix servers. before i generate the keys, i am able to do the ssh & it is asking for password & i am able to login. ======================== # ssh 172.29.150.77 root@172.29.150.77's password: ======================== but when i generate rsa... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: makarand.bhatka
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fork: Resource temporarily unavailable , server unexpectedly unavailable network connection

Solaris 10 Server refuse to connect :wall: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable , server unexpectedly unavailable network connection , refuse error, disconnect message, fatal error type2, (protocol error type2) Issue has been resolved after taken few steps :b: First of all need to check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: taherahmed
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

passwordless ssh connection problem

I need to ssh from Host A to Hosts B and C. A->B works, but A->C does not. I can do rcp/rcmd A->B and A->C. B and C are identical systems. All three are SCO OSR 5. More relevant info: Host A$ ssh -V OpenSSH_3.8p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004 Hosts B and C are:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Passwordless sftp connection from UNIX to windows server

HI , I am trying to make a passwordless sftp connection from a unix server to windows server I have used a existing script which is like this cd /home150/adm/.ssh/ ssh-agent /usr/bin/ksh <<EOF ssh-add IDBNEWKEY ssh-add -l sftp IDBUSER@abc.com cd /home/IDBUSER/Share/IDB/ rm ${FILE}... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Server closed the connection unexpectedly

Hi, I have a bash script which connects HP Vertica DB and executes few sql files in sequential manner. One sql file has commands related to one table(stage , base schema tables)and contains 7-8 commands such as creating temp table, inserting data into tables etc. For few tables, which have high... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dharmatheja
7 Replies
dxchpwd(1X)															       dxchpwd(1X)

NAME
dxchpwd - Create or change password program SYNOPSIS
dxchpwd dxchpwd -r | -l dxchpwd [-r | -l] -q dxchpwd [-r | -l] -u username OPTIONS
If dxchpwd is invoked without any options, it is assumed that the current user's password is to be changed. The following options are also accepted: Tells dxchpwd that the password change is to be done for a Local user. This can be combined with the -u and -q options. Tells dxchpwd that the password change is to be done for a NIS user. This can only be done from a NIS master and can be combined with the -u and -q options. Tells dxchpwd to query the user for the user name of the account whose password is to be changed. Tells dxchpwd to change this user's password. DESCRIPTION
The dxchpwd command lets you change your password. When you invoke the dxchpwd command, the program prompts you for the old password and then for the new password. Next, the program asks you for the new password again, to verify that you have typed it correctly. Note that the passwords are not displayed on the screen. Your new password must meet the length requirements specified by the authorization database for the user whose password is being changed. If your system is running with enhanced security, you may have to choose a password from a list of randomly generated passwords or you may be prohibited from changing your password until its minimum lifetime has expired, as specified in the authorization database. EXAMPLES
The following example requests that the password be changed for user smith: dxchpwd -u smith FILES
Password file Protected Password Database dxchpwd executable SEE ALSO
X(1X), xdm(1X), passwd(1) dxchpwd(1X)