Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX small ? on /etc/default/security edit? Post 302328539 by vbe on Wednesday 24th of June 2009 01:43:42 PM
Old 06-24-2009
/etc/default/security should ONLY be edited with vi or by SAM...

AIX has plenty of stanza regulated and data type filesthat are very triky... but try to some true data files in HP-UX with vi the results would be the same...
There is one ascii file you have to be carefull: /etc/syslog.conf

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. IP Networking

Small Problem about Default Gateway

I have Ubuntu linux Os with two eth cards. I can easily delete def gatewayg. But I can't add new one.. :confused::confused: When I run route-n: alperen@alperen-System-Product-Name:~$ route -n Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mhnds
1 Replies
SYSLOG(8)                                                         System Logging                                                         SYSLOG(8)

NAME
syslog-ng, syslogd DESCRIPTION
There are different syslog daemon implementations supported as the system's syslog service, currently syslogd, syslog-ng and rsyslogd The first installed daemon activates itself for the syslog service. Starting with openSUSE-11.2, it is rsyslogd, before it was syslog-ng. But this depends on the software selection during the installation. The name of the daemon used as syslog service is specified in the SYSLOG_DAEMON variable in /etc/sysconfig/syslog. The yast2 sysconfig module provides a comfortable way to switch to another installed daemon and restart the service. The /etc/init.d/syslog init script is able to handle all supported daemons. BUGS
Please report bugs at <http://www.suse.de/feedback> AUTHOR
Juergen Weigert <jw@novell.com> Marius Tomaschewski <mt@novell.com> SEE ALSO
sysklogd(8) syslogd(8) syslog.conf(5) syslog-ng(8) syslog-ng.conf(5) rsyslogd(8) rsyslog.conf(5) syslog May 2008 SYSLOG(8)