Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: decoding URL encoded strings
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting decoding URL encoded strings Post 302328529 by cbkihong on Wednesday 24th of June 2009 01:05:44 PM
Old 06-24-2009
What is the programming language you are using? There is urldecode() in PHP, decodeURIComponent() in Javascript, and other similar functions in other languages. Do make sure the bytes are correct after you get decoded.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed replace encoded string

I'm trying to replace the string %2d from a text file using sed, and I can't seem to find the right key combination. I've tried: sed 's/%2d/-/' foo The above doesn't work, presumably because of the %. :mad: Interestingly, I don't get any kind of error message at all. It appears to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mg1
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

url calling and parameter passing to url in script

Hi all, I need to write a unix script in which need to call a url. Then need to pass parameters to that url. please help. Regards, gander_ss (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gander_ss
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

url calling and parameter passing to url in script

Hi all, I need to write a unix script in which need to call a url. Then need to pass parameters to that url. please help. Regards, gander_ss (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gander_ss
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with getting filenames from url strings

I've been trying to figure out how to extract filenames (with extensions) from a variable that contains a series of URL strings that won't necessarily be the same length or contain the same number of paths as part of a bash shell script. For example #!/bin/bash ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coupestyle
3 Replies

5. Web Development

Regex to rewrite URL to another URL based on HTTP_HOST?

I am trying to find a way to test some code, but I need to rewrite a specific URL only from a specific HTTP_HOST The call goes out to http://SUB.DOMAIN.COM/showAssignment/7bde10b45efdd7a97629ef2fe01f7303/jsmodule/Nevow.Athena The ID in the middle is always random due to the cookie. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EXT3FSCK
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Base 64 encoded string

Could anyone of you please give me some idea to decode base 64 encoded value in ksh? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk: print all URL addresses between iframe tags without repeating an already printed URL

Here is what I have so far: find . -name "*php*" -or -name "*htm*" | xargs grep -i iframe | awk -F'"' '/<iframe*/{gsub(/.\*iframe>/,"\"");print $2}' Here is an example content of a PHP or HTM(HTML) file: <iframe src="http://ADDRESS_1/?click=5BBB08\" width=1 height=1... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: striker4o
18 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

URL decoding with awk

The challenge: Decode URL's, i.e. convert %HEX to the corresponding special characters, using only UNIX base utilities, and without having to type out each special character. I have an anonymous C code snippet where the author assigns each hex digit a number from 0 to 16 and then does some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiop44
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading URL using Mechanize and dump all the contents of the URL to a file

Hello, Am very new to perl , please help me here !! I need help in reading a URL from command line using PERL:: Mechanize and needs all the contents from the URL to get into a file. below is the script which i have written so far , #!/usr/bin/perl use LWP::UserAgent; use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott_cog
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need someone to decrypt an encoded text

Hello everybody, i have a big issue, i have to decode a big text in base64 a lot of times but there are 2 problems: i am a noob with unix system and shell, and i have problems with openssl and i can't decode anything. can anyone decode for me that base64? need a powerful computer, i can give some... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: supermarco2020
16 Replies
MIME::QuotedPrint(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				    MIME::QuotedPrint(3pm)

NAME
MIME::QuotedPrint - Encoding and decoding of quoted-printable strings SYNOPSIS
use MIME::QuotedPrint; $encoded = encode_qp($decoded); $decoded = decode_qp($encoded); DESCRIPTION
This module provides functions to encode and decode strings into and from the quoted-printable encoding specified in RFC 2045 - MIME (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions). The quoted-printable encoding is intended to represent data that largely consists of bytes that correspond to printable characters in the ASCII character set. Each non-printable character (as defined by English Americans) is represented by a triplet consisting of the character "=" followed by two hexadecimal digits. The following functions are provided: encode_qp( $str) encode_qp( $str, $eol) encode_qp( $str, $eol, $binmode ) This function returns an encoded version of the string ($str) given as argument. The second argument ($eol) is the line-ending sequence to use. It is optional and defaults to " ". Every occurrence of " " is replaced with this string, and it is also used for additional "soft line breaks" to ensure that no line end up longer than 76 characters. Pass it as "1512" to produce data suitable for external consumption. The string " " produces the same result on many platforms, but not all. The third argument ($binmode) will select binary mode if passed as a TRUE value. In binary mode " " will be encoded in the same way as any other non-printable character. This ensures that a decoder will end up with exactly the same string whatever line ending sequence it uses. In general it is preferable to use the base64 encoding for binary data; see MIME::Base64. An $eol of "" (the empty string) is special. In this case, no "soft line breaks" are introduced and binary mode is effectively enabled so that any " " in the original data is encoded as well. decode_qp( $str ) This function returns the plain text version of the string given as argument. The lines of the result are " " terminated, even if the $str argument contains " " terminated lines. If you prefer not to import these routines into your namespace, you can call them as: use MIME::QuotedPrint (); $encoded = MIME::QuotedPrint::encode($decoded); $decoded = MIME::QuotedPrint::decode($encoded); Perl v5.8 and better allow extended Unicode characters in strings. Such strings cannot be encoded directly, as the quoted-printable encoding is only defined for single-byte characters. The solution is to use the Encode module to select the byte encoding you want. For example: use MIME::QuotedPrint qw(encode_qp); use Encode qw(encode); $encoded = encode_qp(encode("UTF-8", "x{FFFF} ")); print $encoded; COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1995-1997,2002-2004 Gisle Aas. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
MIME::Base64 perl v5.16.3 2013-03-04 MIME::QuotedPrint(3pm)