Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need Help to create LOM Cable Netra x1 Post 302328381 by incredible on Wednesday 24th of June 2009 08:39:15 AM
Old 06-24-2009
Use the #. key to break to LOM then use poweron command from the sc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Is the cable you are using a null modem cable or a modem cable

Hi all, Is there any difference between a null modem cable or a modem cable ? i assume that a null modem cable is a normal cable that i used from cpu serial ports to a modem for dialup. please correct if i am wrong, thks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
2 Replies

2. Solaris

LOM device

All, I am getting the following message on the system post for Solaris 9: Unknown or badly programmed LOM device This is a SunFire 240 server which I just built out. Is there any way to fix this problem? Thanks, Mike (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Netra T1 LOM Password Reset

Hello All, I had bought Netra T1 AC200 couple of months ago and has setup a user and password in LOMlite but I forgot the password. when i connect to the server i get the LOMlite prompt and i cant connect to the Serial console (there is no prompt). I have tried the JP13 JP14 and JP15... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik Gharti
1 Replies

4. Solaris

LOM password

Hello, I need to run several command under LOM from unix shell. the first command is resetsc -y and then I required to enter admin password. Is there any way to make it with a script like: #. <<LOM resetsc -y admin password LOM Is the password will accepted in that way ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alalush
1 Replies

5. Solaris

lom to ok prompt in netra 1280

HI group, Can anyone please suggest what can be the problem when we send poweron command on lom it again comes to lom and show following error what does it means lom>poweron /N0/PS0: already on /N0/PS1: already on /N0/PS2: already on /N0/PS3: already on Powering boards on ... Tue Dec... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameergrover
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Netra V440 & Netra 1290 keyswitch

Hello, I wrote a script which monitor the keyswitch state repeatedly each 10 minutes. I'm extracting the keyswitch status by using prtdiag. The script works fine for Netra v440 , but I found that prtdiag under Netra 1290 don't give keyswitch status. unlike Netra 440 server , I found that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alalush
2 Replies

7. Solaris

help reset netra T1 lom admin password

Can someone please help here on how to reset a T1 lom password? I have tried the JP13 an try to find lom.conf in scadm dir but lom.conf is not on the machine ,some help thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rafise
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Different hostnames with reboot while lan cable, no lan cable

I am facing strange problem regarding hostname on my Linux(2.6.18-164.el5xen x86_64 GNU/Linux), the hostname changes if reboot with lan cable and with NO lan cable Reboot with lan cable: The hostname is ubunut Unable to connect Oracle database using sqlplus some times database is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Netra X1 LOM: Unable to change any variable via the "set" command

I'm posting here as it didn't seem quite right in the hardware section (as it's LOM commands). My apologies if I have that wrong though :) I've finally gotten round to configuring the LOM on my Netra X1, but I can't get it to change the hostname via the "set" command: lom>show hostname... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
2 Replies

10. Hardware

How to reset lom password in netra T1?

Hello, I bought Netra T1 some time ago and set user and password in LOMlite.It seems that I forgot the password. When i connect to the server i get the LOMlite prompt. Can anybody tell me what is the proper sequence or the right way to reset the LOMlite password/account. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitmod
5 Replies
break(1)							   User Commands							  break(1)

NAME
break, continue - shell built-in functions to escape from or advance within a controlling while, for, foreach, or until loop SYNOPSIS
sh break [n] continue [n] csh break continue ksh *break [n] *continue [n] DESCRIPTION
sh The break utility exits from the enclosing for or while loop, if any. If n is specified, break n levels. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosing for or while loop. If n is specified, resume at the n-th enclosing loop. csh The break utility resumes execution after the end of the nearest enclosing foreach or while loop. The remaining commands on the current line are executed. This allows multilevel breaks to be written as a list of break commands, all on one line. The continue utility continues execution of the next iteration of the nearest enclosing while or foreach loop. ksh The break utility exits from the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop, if any. If n is specified, then break n levels. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be exited. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop. If n is specified then resume at the n- th enclosed loop. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be used. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words that follow a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign, and also that word splitting and file name genera- tion are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), exit(1), ksh(1), sh( 1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Jul 2002 break(1)