Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: access user history as root
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting access user history as root Post 302328301 by Yogesh Sawant on Wednesday 24th of June 2009 03:31:04 AM
Old 06-24-2009
if you are the root user, how about adding this line in your /etc/bashrc file:
Code:
export PROMPT_COMMAND='history -a'

this will flush bash_history after each command.

edit: some people might see this as a security risk, see this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

user commands without root access

Hi I have been asked to find out how to 1) create users 2) reset passwords 3) kill processes that may require root privileges without having root password, sudo rights or rights to passwd command Any ideas? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emealogistics
1 Replies

2. Solaris

I can not access root user through LAN

Dear i have installed Solaris 10 on SUN V240 after installation i can not access system through root user if i access system through any other user it conects but root is not connecting through LAN if i connect through SC and then access root though cosole -f command it also works kindly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan225
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to access all user history file

Team , using fc command we can get details of our history file .. Is it possible to get the same result for different user from root.. Actually I need to collect all the stuff from select users history file for day to day basis. thanks in advance .. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgpai9972
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to allow access to some commands having root privleges to be run bu non root user

hi i am new to unix and i have abig task. i have to \run particular commands having root privileges from a non root user. i know sudo is one of the way but i need sum other approach kindly help Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give root access to non root user?

Currently in my system Red Hat is installed. And Many user connect to my machine via SSH Techia Terminal. I want to give some users a root level access. Can anyone please help me how to make it possible. I too searched on the Google but didn't find the correct way Regards ADI (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

One user to su to another without allowing root access and password

Hello Gurus, I want One user to su to another without allowing root access and password. I want to run a specific command as below from user am663: --------------------------------------------------------- sudo -u appsprj4 /home/appsrj4/scripts/start_apache.sh ------------------- But... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Sudo access of rm to non-root user

Hello, It is Solaris-10. There is a file as /opt/vpp/dom1.2/pdd/today_23. It is always generated by root, so owned by root only. This file has to be deleted as part of application restart always and that is done by app_user and SA is always involved to do rm on that file. Is it possible to give... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

On korn shell, how to share history between regular user and root?

I'm exploring OpenBSD and want to stick to its default shell, which is ksh. My goal is for my regular user ("bruno") and root user to have a shared history file. However, it seems that when running as root, ksh refuses to write to a HISTFILE that is owned by non-root user. This illustrates the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevuanFan
3 Replies
condor_convert_history(1)				      General Commands Manual					 condor_convert_history(1)

Name
       condor_convert_history Convert - the history file to the new format

Synopsis
       condor_convert_history[-help]

condor_convert_historyhistory-file1[history-file2...]

Description
       As  of  Condor  version 6.7.19, the Condor history file has a new format to allow fast searches backwards through the file. Not all queries
       can take advantage of the speed increase, but the ones that can are significantly faster.

Entries placed in the history file after upgrade to Condor 6.7.19 will automatically be saved in the new format. The new format adds infor-
       mation  to  the	string which distinguishes and separates job entries. In order to search within this new format, no changes are necessary.
       However, to be able to search the entire history, the history file must be converted  to  the  updated  format.	condor_convert_historydoes
       this.

Turn the condor_schedddaemon off while converting history files. Turn it back on after conversion is completed.

Arguments  to  condor_convert_historyare  the  history  files to convert. The history file is normally in the Condor spool directory; it is
       named  history . Since the history file is rotated, there may be multiple history files, and all of them should be converted. On Unix plat-
       form variants, the easiest way to do this is:

cd `condor_config_val SPOOL`
       condor_convert_history  history*

condor_convert_historymakes  a  back  up  of each original history files in case of a problem. The names of these back up files are listed;
       names are formed by appending the suffix  .oldver to the original file name. Move these back up files to a directory other than	the  spool
       directory. If kept in the spool directory, condor_historywill find the back ups, and will appear to have duplicate jobs.

Exit Status
       condor_convert_historywill exit with a status value of 0 (zero) upon success, and it will exit with the value 1 (one) upon failure.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright  (C)  1990-2012  Condor  Team,  Computer  Sciences Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI. All Rights Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012					 condor_convert_history(1)