Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GCC 4 error.
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users GCC 4 error. Post 302328240 by prasad00124 on Tuesday 23rd of June 2009 10:45:26 PM
Old 06-23-2009
Hi ,
As my understanding ,i guess this problem when occurs the compiler does n't support that type casting . in the code u r trying to cast the variable .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in gcc

Hi:- I am new for Unix and wants to install gcc compiler on my Linux system. I donwload the file and tried to install it but getting following messaged, # ./configure Configuring for a i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld host. Created "Makefile" in /home/gcc-3.0.1 using "mt-frag" ./configure: cc: command... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
6 Replies

2. Programming

Error in compile C by gcc

Hi all, I compile my c program and get following result hrnpfc01.c:1387: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1387: parse error before `,' hrnpfc01.c:1388: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1388: parse error before `,' hrnpfc01.c:1396: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1396: parse error before... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zico
4 Replies

3. Linux

gcc install error

I download a gcc3.0.tar.gz file ,then tar it. Continue,I change current path to gcc3.0 and press ./configure The error appeared ,it is CC command not found . Please tell me What can I do to pass on. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fansings
1 Replies

4. Solaris

error while installing gcc

Hi friends, i down loaded the gcc*.gz file and i am getting the following error when i am trying to install it on solaris 8 ======================================================= Processing package instance <SMCgcc342> from </export/gcc-3.4.2-sol8-sparc-local> gcc (sparc) 3.4.2 FSF... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sveera
1 Replies

5. Programming

compilation error in gcc

Hi, Should be too simple... I wrote a sample c++ program like #include <iostream.h> int main() {$ int ab=455; cout << ab << endl; return 1; } I am getting error like $ gcc u1.cpp Undefined first referenced ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ls1429
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Error when installing GCC

GCC 3.4.6 was installed in Solaris 2.8. I ran the commands ./configure and make. When running make install I got the below mentioned errors at the end. Please help me in resolving the same. make: *** Error 1 make: Leaving directory `/gmsp/antony/gcc-3.4.6/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/sparcv9/libf2c'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

8. Solaris

gcc lib error

Hi, I am working with solaris 9(SunOS mgsun 5.9 Generic_112233-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100).I install the gcc 3.4.6 from sunfreeware website and when I am trying to run it,I am getting the error-- # gcc ld.so.1: gcc: fatal: libiconv.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory Killed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GCC compiler Ld fatal error

Hi all I'm trying to install sudo. When I first ran the sudo configure script it errored saying that I didn't have a C compiler. I have since installed the GCC 3.4.6 package for sol8 from sun freeware. Doing that resolved the no C complier found error. I was then getting an error saying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
1 Replies

10. Programming

gcc compiling error

I am using gcc to compile c objects on solaris 5.10 and hit the following error messages: /usr/include/sys/vfs.h:323: error: syntax error before "statvfs64_t" /usr/include/sys/vfs.h:334: error: syntax error before "statvfs64_t" gmake: *** Error 1 The c program files were copied over from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: med7006
3 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright (C) 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), glibtool(1). config.guess (2006-11-15) November 2006 CONFIG.GUESS(1)