Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regular expression for group of users Post 302328138 by viRaven on Tuesday 23rd of June 2009 12:54:31 PM
Old 06-23-2009
Just a boolean value, looking for a True or False.

I'm basically trying to determine if within in a set of groups, if a group contains only the identified users. But the order in which the users are listed is different from group to group.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Regular expression

Hi, I want to find the records using grep with following conditions. one field position at 26 and having length 2 and values of 21,24,31,34 or another field position at 28 and length 2 of values 21,224,31,34 I wrote it like below, But I want this search using grep, can any one provide?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression help

Hi I wanted to match a line using regular expression in a file. the line is: CtL2b00833 the reg expression I'm using now is: m/^(\D+)(\d+)\/) $firstpart=$1 $secondpart=($1 . $2) $thirdpart=$3 But for $firstpart I have digits (2) so I am getting error messages. when I used... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression.

can someone let me know what this means in english. \(abcd\) \ is an escape key right? Thanks Also im getting confused with something like it does this mean any single character? and this would be 2 characters ? Just let me know if im on the right track. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: syco__
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in regular expression

<ATTR name="ABCDEFGH" value=""/> <ATTR name="HJYR" value=""/> what would be the regular expression to match both the above strings... Always end with value=""/> always start with <ATTR name=" the ATTR name can be anything.. I need to use this with match() in awk. Thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
1 Replies

8. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression

Hi I need to write a regular expression for a language. That language can have {a, b, c} as alphabet and it must contain minimum one "a" and minimum one "b". Can u help me to write it plz! thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nishrestha
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies
regex(3)						     Library Functions Manual							  regex(3)

Name
       re_comp, re_exec - regular expression handler

Syntax
       char *re_comp(s)
       char *s;

re_exec(s)
       char *s;

Description
       The  subroutine	compiles  a string into an internal form suitable for pattern matching.  The subroutine checks the argument string against
       the last string passed to

The subroutine returns 0 if the string s was compiled successfully; otherwise a string containing an  error  message  is  returned.  If	is
       passed 0 or a null string, it returns without changing the currently compiled regular expression.

The  subroutine returns 1 if the string s matches the last compiled regular expression, 0 if the string s failed to match the last compiled
       regular expression, and -1 if the compiled regular expression was invalid (indicating an internal error).

The strings passed to both and may have trailing or embedded newline characters; they are terminated by	nulls.	 The  regular  expressions
       recognized are described in the manual entry for given the above difference.

Diagnostics
       The subroutine returns -1 for an internal error.

The subroutine returns one of the following strings if an error occurs:

No previous regular expression
       Regular expression too long
       unmatched (
       missing ]
       too many () pairs
       unmatched )

See Also
       ed(1), ex(1), egrep(1), fgrep(1), grep(1)

regex(3)