Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Help Me - How to grep in multiple servers Post 302328032 by otheus on Tuesday 23rd of June 2009 08:12:10 AM
Old 06-23-2009
Is the keyword and fileset always the same? You could set up a cron-ob and send the results to a central server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp to multiple servers

Hi folks. I am writing a ksh ftp script. The problem is, I need to transfer the files to several different servers. Is there a way to close a connection and move on to the next in one script or do I need to write a separate script for each one? Thanks, kristy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

login into multiple servers thru script...

I need to login into multiple servers thru a script run couple commands and run find command as root. I only have ssh access to the servers as a user than I can "su" to root. If you have a similar script please post it. Also if you can suggest commands that I should consider please let me know. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avcert1998
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh to change multiple ip in multiple servers?

good day. i jsut wanted to know what is the best script or the best way changing a lot of Ip's in all servers. Do you have any idea? im using awk to change IP,what if, you have lots of servers. You need to change it one by one? It will take time to change it manually. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep for a line in a file on multiple unix servers

Hi, I need to grep(look) for a line in filename named /tmp/Test on all 90 unix servers. Without logging to each servers manually and grep'ing for the line, is there a way to pull this info in output file thru' the ksh/sh/bash script. Can someone pl. help to create this script for me? Ex.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deploying Cronjob to multiple servers

I figure that this is a shell scripting issue so I'll post here. I'm attempting to deploy a cronjob to a variety of servers, some 200-odd, of all walks of life. Mostly AIX, but some Solaris, some HP-UX, some Linux (of varying distributions), etc. I initially thought about utilizing a mass... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Magus Zeal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking running process status using "grep" on multiple servers in load sharing system.

Suppose i have 3 different servers say x,y and z. Im running some process say ABC and 40 instances for the same is being created. In load sharing suppose on server x, 20 instances are running server y, 10 instances are running server z, 10 instances are running. While checking the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitknit
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from multiple patterns multiple file multiple output

Hi, I want to grep multiple patterns from multiple files and save to multiple outputs. As of now its outputting all to the same file when I use this command. Input : 108 files to check for 390 patterns to check for. output I need to 108 files with the searched patterns. Xargs -I {} grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with credentials when using Grep across multiple servers

Hello all, I need some help with a script I have been working on. I was wanting to know if it is possible to add authentication to it for each server it runs across? The credentials are all the same on each server. This is what I am using so far and it seems to work. I am trying to avoid... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smorgen
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

ssh multiple servers

Hi folks. I'm pretty new to unix, while I'm learning a lot I'm finding bash scripting quite confusing. Im sure it's not really, my head just hasn't clicked with it. Anyway, I need a script to loop the ip addresses stored in a file and run a "pgrep <process>" and return the pid or some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to apply the update statement in multiple servers on multiple dbs at a time .?

Hi , Can any please help the below requirement on all multiple servers and multiple dbs. update configuration set value='yes' ;1) the above statement apply on 31 Databases at a time on different Ip address eg : 10.104.1.12 (unix ip address ) the above ip box contains 4 db's eg : db... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
2 Replies
tag2name(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       tag2name(8)

NAME
tag2name - Display the path name of an AdvFS file SYNOPSIS
/sbin/advfs/tag2name tags_directory/file_tag /sbin/advfs/tag2name [-r] domain fileset_id file_tag OPTIONS
Specify the [-r] option to operate on the raw device (character device special file) of the fileset instead of the block device. OPERANDS
Specifies the name of an AdvFS domain. Specifies the name of an AdvFS fileset using the following format: Specify the -S tag to force the command to interpret the name you supply as a fileset name. Specify the fileset by entering either the name of the fileset, fileset, or the file's fileset tag number, -T fileset_tag. Specifies the relative path of the AdvFS tags directory for a fileset. If you do not spec- ify this directory, the default is mount_point/.tags. Specifies an AdvFS file tag number. DESCRIPTION
Internally, AdvFS identifies files by tag numbers (similar to inodes in UFS). Internal messages, error messages, and output from diagnostic utilities usually specify a tag number in place of a file name. Use the tag2name command to determine the name and path of an AdvFS file that is identified by a tag number. If you enter an invalid tag number, the command returns the range of the valid tags for the fileset. Mounted Filesets Each mounted AdvFS fileset has a directory in its mount point. To obtain a file name, specify the path to the directory for the fileset, followed by the tag number. The full path name of the corresponding file is displayed to stdout. This syntax uses AdvFS system calls. Unmounted Filesets When you use the second form, the utility does not use AdvFS code and does not depend on the filset being mounted. The path name of the file is relative to the fileset and is displayed on stdout. One use of the second form is to obtain names of files from a fileset that is unmounted and might produce a domain panic or a system panic if it were mounted. NOTES
An active domain, which is a domain with one or more of its filesets mounted, has all of its volumes opened using block device special files. These devices cannot be opened a second time without first being unmounted. However, the character device special files for the volumes can be opened more than once while still mounted. It can be misleading to use the second form of this utility on a domain with mounted filesets. Unlike the first form of the utility, the second form does not synchronize its read requests with AdvFS file domain read and write requests. To avoid this problem, unmount all the active filesets in the domain before using the second form of this utility. For example, the AdvFS can be writing to the disk as the utility is reading from the disk. Therefore, when you run the utility, metadata may not have been flushed in time for the utility to read it and consecutive reads of the same file page may return unpredictable or con- tradictory results. [The domain is not harmed.] RESTRICTIONS
The second form of this utility can fail to open a block device, even when there are no filesets mounted for the domain and the AdvFS dae- mon, advfsd is running. The daemon, as it runs, activates the domain for a brief time. If the tag2name utility fails in this situation, run it again. You must be the root user to use the tag2name utility. The tag you specify must be numeric and greater than 1. EXAMPLES
The following example displays the file name corresponding to tag 5 in the usr fileset. It assumes the current working directory is /usr: # /sbin/advfs/tag2name .tags/5 /usr/quota.group The following example displays the file name of the file whose tag is 145 in domain_1 fileset_1: # /sbin/advfs/tag2name domain_1 fileset_1 145 joe/save/oldfile FILES
Specifies the command path. Specifies the volumes in the domain. SEE ALSO
advfs(4) tag2name(8)