Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming UNIX- -Case study - Library management. Post 302327932 by viji_jeya on Tuesday 23rd of June 2009 01:41:46 AM
Old 06-23-2009
UNIX- -Case study - Library management.

Hi..
I am a new joinee to this foram.I need to submit a case study in UNIX .Please help me to submit the case study by giving your valuable ideas.It will be very helpful for me.

Topic: Unix File Management

A university wants to computerize its Library operations because of increasing volumes of books and number of users.
  • The library has various category of users, such as library staff, teachers, and students.
  • It has stock of books, journals and magazines. They are planning to add other items to the library such as software floppies, tapes and CD.
  • They would like to generate information about books available based on the book-id or title.
  • A users' list is to be maintained and updated from time to time.
  • The operations such as issues and returns have to be taken care of the system.
  • The system should also enable the library staff to issue reminders and follow them up suitably.
  • It should also be possible to handle exceptional cases such as lost books or retrieval of the books which were supposed to have been lost.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case Study help

Create a Data file with below fields and “|” as delimitor (ac_bal.dat): A/c No, A/c name ,A/c balance. 1| Mani |1000.00 2| Vikram|1500.00 Create another file say (ac_bal.ctl) which file structure as Files name, record count ,total balances Ac_bal.dat|2|3500.00 Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manikanth_V
1 Replies
VCONSOLE.CONF(5)						   vconsole.conf						  VCONSOLE.CONF(5)

NAME
vconsole.conf - configuration file for the virtual console SYNOPSIS
/etc/vconsole.conf DESCRIPTION
The /etc/vconsole.conf file configures the virtual console, i.e. keyboard mapping and console font. The basic file format of the vconsole.conf is a newline-separated list environment-like shell-compatible variable assignments. It is possible to source the configuration from shell scripts, however, beyond mere variable assignments no shell features are supported, allowing applications to read the file without implementing a shell compatible execution engine. Note that the kernel command line options vconsole.keymap=, vconsole.keymap.toggle=, vconsole.font=, vconsole.font.map=, vconsole.font.unimap= may be used to override the console settings at boot. Depending on the operating system other configuration files might be checked for configuration of the virtual console as well, however only as fallback. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: KEYMAP=, KEYMAP_TOGGLE= Configures the key mapping table of for they keyboard. KEYMAP= defaults to us if not set. The KEYMAP_TOGGLE= can be used to configured a second toggle keymap and is by default unset. FONT=, FONT_MAP=, FONT_UNIMAP= Configures the console font, the console map and the unicode font map. FONT= defaults to latarcyrheb-sun16. EXAMPLE
Example 1. German keyboard and console /etc/vconsole.conf: KEYMAP=de-latin1 FONT=latarcyrheb-sun16 SEE ALSO
systemd(1), loadkeys(1), setfont(8), locale.conf(5) AUTHOR
Lennart Poettering <lennart@poettering.net> Developer systemd 10/07/2013 VCONSOLE.CONF(5)